My Time Dining -time slots missing

I've just been trying to book our my time dining slots for our Med cruise on Serenade OTS this August and I was surprised to find that there were no time slots between 6.30 and 8.00pm.

We did a similar cruise last summer on the Serenade and we were able to book slots at 7.00pm and 7.30pm. I wonder if anyone can tell me if this is a new idea by RC which would in effect split my Time into two extended sittings.

I've just been trying to book our my time dining slots for our Med cruise on Serenade OTS this August and I was surprised to find that there were no time slots between 6.30 and 8.00pm.

We did a similar cruise last summer on the Serenade and we were able to book slots at 7.00pm and 7.30pm. I wonder if anyone can tell me if this is a new idea by RC which would in effect split my Time into two extended sittings.

They hold back a certain percentage of time slots for on board booking. You can either go see the MTD desk when you board and attempt to make reservations, or just show up whenever you like without reservations. Reservations are optional for MTD.

Thanks ,I know we could just take the chance and turn up and wait.

I was puzzled by the fact that a big section of time seems to be unavailable,we booked much later last year and had no problems getting the different times we needed.

Hi - I just posted on another thread today about how I couldn't get a space after 7-30 pm when I did Mytime and I found that a bit annoying as the whole reason for Mytime was we wanted to eat around 8/8-30 but is didn[t happen in the whole 12 nights!!

We always had to eat around 7/7-30 and it was also always with the same waiter so I think they try to get you to stay with the same waiter as you have prepaid your gratuities and it makes it easier for them!!

My guess is that they have found most without reservations come during that peak 7 PM timeframe. Therefore they only allow very limited on-line reservations then to keep the lines down.

I booked my MTD reservations for our upcoming Allure cruise one of the first days they were available (yes I check every day so I didn't miss them). There were no reservations available between 7 & 7:45. You could do 6:45 or 8, but nothing in between.

If you think about it, having most reservations around 7 doesn't allow them to turn the tables over enough to fit in everyone that is signed up for MTD.

I was also surprised to find no MTD times available between 6:30 and 8:00 for our upcoming Mariner cruise. They seem to encourage you to make reservations, yet have an hour and a half missing. (Maybe all of those times have already been pre-reserved??) Not a big deal - just odd. I know we can walk in anytime to eat. I'll check things out once onboard.

Archived