Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Happy Saturday everyone....I hope you all are having a great weekend even if you live in a cold weather state. We are supposed to get 8 inches of snow tomorrow :eek: so maybe the photo review will get me thinking of bring in the Caribbean again

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida128_zps73c6821c.jpg

My dad wanted to stop at Rick's for a drink and a t-shirt because his name is "Rick"....haha

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida127_zpse9826e08.jpg

Looking down Duval Street

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida133_zpsfc0b5752.jpg

This was on Higgs Beach.....if you want a beach to just lay out and catch some rays but don't want a lot of people around....this is the perfect beach for that. Higgs Beach rarely has anyone around....it is very peaceful

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida134_zps8e1f1738.jpg

Higgs Beach Pier

Anyone who has been to Key West will remember that there are chickens everywhere.....I thought this was a cute picture

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida137_zps264614a0.jpg

They were just strolling along Duval Street

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida139_zpse71a1be0.jpg

Harry Truman's Little White House

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida140_zpsee67a5d1.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida141_zps0e11bcd4.jpg

I love how the ships tower over the town

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida143_zpsc38809de.jpg

Another funky tree in Key West....not sure why but I am just fascinated with the different trees ;)

Last year in March we were in Key West and we met this guy who had lived there and ran a little souvenir shop for over 15 years. He was so friendly. We wanted to try and find his shop again. We did but it wasn't quite the same :rolleyes:

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida142_zpsdcf8f513.jpg

This was his shop but he sold it to this lady and her mother because he could no longer afford the rent of the building. That is so sad :( She said he still lives in Key West and works on a Deep Sea Fishing Charter Boat

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida145_zps1eb0ca43.jpg

Can you spot the Whale Tail???? Hehehe

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida146_zps442bc987.jpg

Simonton Street Beach.....this is another quiet beach area but not any good for swimming

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida147_zps594b93c3.jpg

Another creepy tree pic......this one is something like straight out of scary movie

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida148_zps56ddef92.jpg

Sloppy Joes Bar on Duval Street is a little busier now :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida151_zpsfd3e023e.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida154_zps1813cb93.jpg

And there she is......we drove down by the Navy Mole to get a good picture of the ship

Edited by wrigley80

I love your review!! I love all the photos and it is really nice to see a father and daughter so happy to be cruising together. That is sweet!

Could you please let me know how much it cost to rent the electric car??

Thanks!!

The price for the electric car was $103.00 for 6 hours. It is worth every penny and they are so much fun to drive around. That price of $103.00 included a $20.00 insurance waiver. Go to www.sunshinescooters.com to check them out. I had done extensive research on electric cars and they were the cheapest in Key West.

Thanks for your kind words about my review. My dad is my best friend and there is no other person that I would rather cruise with :) :D :)

The price for the electric car was $103.00 for 6 hours. It is worth every penny and they are so much fun to drive around. That price of $103.00 included a $20.00 insurance waiver. Go to www.sunshinescooters.com to check them out. I had done extensive research on electric cars and they were the cheapest in Key West.

Thanks for your kind words about my review. My dad is my best friend and there is no other person that I would rather cruise with :) :D :)

Going on the same cruise in August, great review so far! Love how close you and ur dad are :)

So, is there parking when you have the electric car? It will be our first time in Key West and we just want to walk around and my DH wants to go to Margaretaville (sp?), I want to see the southern most part of the US, so is there designated parking? Does it cost to park? Our youngest DS hates walking and this would be a great way to get around!

What a great review,those pics say it all how great your cruise was. I know what you mean about SNOW,here in the northeast it's been 1 to 2 feet a week lately. Keep more reviews coming I'm so looking for a cruise now after seeing your pics.

The link to sunshine doesn't work :( and Pirate Rentals wants $180 for the electric car

LOVE your review and you prictures are fabulous

Thank-You for the kind words about my review. We rented from Pirate Scooter once but that price is way too much.

My first recommendation is Sunshine Scooters.....then second would be Tropical Rentals

Going on the same cruise in August, great review so far! Love how close you and ur dad are :)

So, is there parking when you have the electric car? It will be our first time in Key West and we just want to walk around and my DH wants to go to Margaretaville (sp?), I want to see the southern most part of the US, so is there designated parking? Does it cost to park? Our youngest DS hates walking and this would be a great way to get around!

Thank-you for your kind words about my review.

Many people will say that parking is difficult with an electric car in Key West but we have never had a problem. There are a lot of little side alleys and on the streets there are pull off sports in front of businesses where scooters and electric cars park.

For example if you want to run into a store then have your husband stay with the electric car.

The reason that my dad and I always rent an electric car is because there is always so much that we want to see and do in Key West. There is no way we would be able to do it all without having an electric car.

There is parking by the southernmost point. I highly recommend getting an electric car

What a great review,those pics say it all how great your cruise was. I know what you mean about SNOW,here in the northeast it's been 1 to 2 feet a week lately. Keep more reviews coming I'm so looking for a cruise now after seeing your pics.

I will have more pics coming tomorrow.....we probably won't be leaving the house tomorrow. We are under a Winter Storm Warning