Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

This is a great thread! Thanks to all of you, I have my order in for my CCL stock and should be able to take advantage of it immediately for our Golden to Alaska in June, and then again when on the Carnival Magic to the Caribbean in July. I also have the Crown booked for next April, and who knows when else I'll be able to take advantage of this deal. Now I just need to get some of those future cruise certificates for further savings :)

If you are eligible, there is also the Military OBC on Princess

This morning I started a new thread informing users of this board that Carnival had issued a profit warning this morning causing the share price to drop by 15% which is relevant to anyone considering purchasing shares for OBC.

For some reason that thread has been removed.

To the moderator who removed it can I point out that the information I gave had been formally issued to the stock markets by Carnival in accordance with their legal obligation to publish the information as soon as possible. By removing the thread, you suppressed the entirely correct promulgation of that information, possibly to the detriment of users of this site

Do any of you who use Schwab know what I should print out to show that I own the stock? Will my trade confirmation from this morning be sufficient? Or is there another form on-line? Thanks!

Do any of you who use Schwab know what I should print out to show that I own the stock? Will my trade confirmation from this morning be sufficient? Or is there another form on-line? Thanks!

Your trade confirmation should be fine as long as your name is on it. Be sure to add to that copy the name of the ship, sail date and the booking number. Then fax it.

The trade confirmation will be enough for a while. Eventually, probably 6 to 12 months, they will want something more current. I use the appropriate page from the broker website and print it, black out details and scan it.

Just an update: I got confirmation Friday of 2-$250 OBCs for our upcoming B2B cruises. With all your help I purchased the stock, got the purchase confirmation, faxed the info, and received OBC confirmation all in 7 days!

It's really hard to beat an immediate $500 "dividend" on your money. :D

If I buy 100 shares tomorrow (May 22, 2013) and Fax in the brokerage buy statement on Thursday (May23, 2013) do you think that I can get the $100 Shareholder OBC for a June 8, 2013 Star Princess Sailing?

If I buy 100 shares tomorrow (May 22, 2013) and Fax in the brokerage buy statement on Thursday (May23, 2013) do you think that I can get the $100 Shareholder OBC for a June 8, 2013 Star Princess Sailing?

Yes. Did you see my post above? I bought the stock on Friday May 10, got confirmation on Monday the 13th and faxed it to Princess with the proper info hat day On Friday May 17, I got an email that it was approved.

BTW, the two week before deadline is not hard and fast. It just so that they have enough time. You should be fine if you get it faxed in this week.

This is why we sail Princess. FFC....On board credit ( and only $100 to hold a reservation until final payment) , Carnival stock ...........on board credit , Military ..............on board credit and a Princess Visa reward card to sweeten the deal with rewards that convert to onboard credit.

Probably. I would follow up with a phone call politely asking/begging for it to be processed quickly

After you fax it, follow up with a phone call telling them you're concerned whether or not you have enough time. You do have the time, but doesn't hurt to sound concerned. Use: 1-800-872-6779 extension 30317

I print out the sheet that shows my carnival stock holdings and fax it to Princess at 661 753 0180. Be sure your name,name of ship and booking number with sailing date are faxed with the stock sheet.

This morning I started a new thread informing users of this board that Carnival had issued a profit warning this morning causing the share price to drop by 15% which is relevant to anyone considering purchasing shares for OBC.

Strangely, there is a fairly long thread on the carnival board about the warning.

Someone may have not understood that Carnival Corp. owns Canival Cruise Line, Princess Cruise Line and others.

It was indeed a sudden and dramatic drop but as usual CCL has recovered quite well, better than halfway back to where it was a couple of days ago. Still floating uncertainly a little though.

I wish I could react quicker to these sudden drops and buy more stock, could make a heap of profit.

It seems morally wrong to do it on the back of a disaster like the Concordia though.

I use Schwab and my trade confirmation was sufficient.

It was indeed a sudden and dramatic drop but as usual CCL has recovered quite well, better than halfway back to where it was a couple of days ago.

CCL is off about 8% over the past three weeks.

Other than the on board credit benefit, in my opinion, it's

not a stock to own.

not a stock to own.

It is certainly quite volatile, if you are on the ball then that's the sort of stock to make money from, diving in and out, not holding as a longterm investment - apart from the 100 shares of course which are a terrific investment for the great OBC.

not a stock to own.

It sure is if you cruise often on their product. In 2012 we received $1550 OBC and for 2013 anticipate $1300 and locked in for 2014 a minimum of $600 thus far. Double that when you get military and then comes loyalty. Heck, I can't afford to stay home. ;)

Okay, I just faxed off my three OBC requests for my three upcoming cruises. Fingers are crossed ;)

In my requests, I asked for e-mail confirmation. I received an e-mail from Carnival at 2:05 today saying that my request was already approved for this July's Magic sailing! I double checked my Carnival account and indeed found it there. Success :D

I haven't heard back from Princess regarding my two booked Princess cruises (and hope I didn't confuse them by sending in two at once.) When I do hear back from them and go on-line to check my account, where will I find the credits listed? I'm not as familiar with their system and don't know what to click to see it.

Archived