Miami Hotel Port Shuttles

Scorchy725

Ok, I tried to search and have found no discussions on hotel shuttles. I would like some feed back on what time do most hotels start running them, are they fairly organized, or are we just better off getting a cab to get to the port promptly? We are going on the Carnival Liberty and purchased FTTF so would like to make use of it. On the other hand like the cost effectiveness of a shuttle. Also if any one has experienced the free shuttle from Comfort Inn Suites at the airport?

Thanks in advance for posting your thoughts and experience.

Every hotel that offers shuttles to the port has their own system. SOme make you sign up when you check in at arrival. Other hotels are a first come first served type system. Some charge a fee per person and some include it in your room rate. Some have one, some two shuttle buses making the run. Some have a bus that might seat 40 while others might have a smaller shuttle that seats 20.

We have found that paying a cab fare to get to any port is far more efficient as it takes you directly to your ship. A shuttle can have cruisers that need to be dropped at different piers. Too most importantly you pick the time you are leaving. You won't be waiting for a shuttle and for lots to be loading and unloading bags.

I know that didn't tell you anything about times. What I have seen is they usually start around 11. But again that is determined by hotel and port. I'd give the specific hotels a call.

Ok, I tried to search and have found no discussions on hotel shuttles. I would like some feed back on what time do most hotels start running them, are they fairly organized, or are we just better off getting a cab to get to the port promptly? We are going on the Carnival Liberty and purchased FTTF so would like to make use of it. On the other hand like the cost effectiveness of a shuttle. Also if any one has experienced the free shuttle from Comfort Inn Suites at the airport?

I stayed at the red roof in miami last year, they had so many they had to put on a second bus to transport people, and make multiple trip......stayed at the holiday inn port of miami post cruise and was going to stay there again next year pre cruise, but alas I canceled my cruise on the liberty, and opted instead to sail from san juan.......simply put with fttf call a cab

Ok, I tried to search and have found no discussions on hotel shuttles....

See my comments below. The search works great, I just tried it. :)

Cab is not an option for us....

Uhhh.... OK.... (isn't a cab always an option??). :confused: No downtown Miami hotels have free shuttles. If they did, that is all they would be doing all weekend long is shuttling to the Port of Miami. If you are looking for a shuttle you will be staying in a hotel by the airport. Not sure I would do that, myself... I would stay in beautiful South Beach, or in downtown and just take a cab. *shrug*

By the way, this has been discussed in literally hundreds of threads; type "Miami hotel shuttle" in the Search this forum box back on the main page and you will see all the threads. :)

See my comments below. The search works great, I just tried it. :)

Uhhh.... OK.... (isn't a cab always an option??). :confused: No downtown Miami hotels have free shuttles. If they did, that is all they would be doing all weekend long is shuttling to the Port of Miami. If you are looking for a shuttle you will be staying in a hotel by the airport. Not sure I would do that, myself... I would stay in beautiful South Beach, or in downtown and just take a cab. *shrug*

By the way, this has been discussed in literally hundreds of threads; type "Miami hotel shuttle" in the Search this forum box back on the main page and you will see all the threads. :)

Ok, but if you read through most of them none discuss timing of the shuttles! Most don't touch on, if they where happy with the timing of shuttles. I am looking for opinions on how the shuttles are operated

not that there aren't a 1000 posts containing the words Miami shuttle. Yes, I did search and actually read the search results. I am looking for opinions should I book a hotel with a shuttle or just forgo that and get a cab. My situation, I bought FTTF so like my original question states, Is it worth the timing of hotel shuttles to wait for them or just go and get a cab? Which was my original question and is not covered in the searches, that I have found.

My situation, I bought FTTF so like my original question states, Is it worth the timing of hotel shuttles to wait for them or just go and get a cab? .

It seems pretty obvious that if you paid for this express boarding pass, that you would want to cab it to the ship around 10:00 to be ready at the pier as soon as customs gives the go ahead and the frequent Carnival Cruisers board. Don't wait around for any shuttles. They won't leave that early and then you need to load and unload people and bags at various ships. Sort of a waste of your FTTF money.:rolleyes:

We did this last Aug going out on Valor. Just make sure when you check in to ask the desk clerk if they have a sign up sheet yet. You will be in hotel full of Cruisers and they all want to get to the boat. They use small shuttle buses with trailers attached. It was really easy. If you are coming back to hotel you need to let them know. They will give you stickers to use once you get of ship. You stick them on your chest area so they know you are with them. We did the stay and park so had to go back to hotel. Hope this helps.

Ok, but if you read through most of them none discuss timing of the shuttles! Most don't touch on, if they where happy with the timing of shuttles. I am looking for opinions on how the shuttles are operated

not that there aren't a 1000 posts containing the words Miami shuttle. Yes, I did search and actually read the search results. I am looking for opinions should I book a hotel with a shuttle or just forgo that and get a cab. My situation, I bought FTTF so like my original question states, Is it worth the timing of hotel shuttles to wait for them or just go and get a cab? Which was my original question and is not covered in the searches, that I have found.

if you spent the money to board early ....would seem obvious you want to get to the port as early as possible......cab is the solution, not an option.....waiting for the hotel shuttle is a waste of time

For sure talk to the hotel directly re their shuttle buses. In Florida, I think that the larger buses (maybe over 30/40 people?) can be exempt from having car seats. If you want car seats for safety, you'd have to arrange that in advance with the hotel, I'd think.

Someone here will correct me re the rules if I am wrong.:o Or you could head to the family board and there will be lots there that can advise on hotels they found family friendly.

A cab isn't an option if you have 2 children under the age of 5. I don't need to travel with car seats so I book hotels with shuttles that can accomodate my family.

Any cab, shuttle, van, limo, etc. with seatbelts will require car seats according to FLA law. The airline will check your car seats for free, or you can use them in the airplane seats - I'd bring car seats and use a cab to get to POM when you want (and tip the driver a few extra bucks for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seats). ;)

You could book a limo/car service that provides car seats - Larry's Limos is often suggested on these boards or try American Shuttle (based inside the MIA airport). Another option is to rent a car from National, Alamo, or Thrifty and then use their free shuttles from the MIA airport -- seems like a lot to go through to avoid bringing car seats. :confused:

Good luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Any cab, shuttle, van, limo, etc. with seatbelts will require car seats according to FLA law. The airline will check your car seats for free, or you can use them in the airplane seats - I'd bring car seats and use a cab to get to POM when you want (and tip the driver a few extra bucks for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seats). ;)

You could book a limo/car service that provides car seats - Larry's Limos is often suggested on these boards or try American Shuttle (based inside the MIA airport). Another option is to rent a car from National, Alamo, or Thrifty and then use their free shuttles from the MIA airport -- seems like a lot to go through to avoid bringing car seats. :confused:

Good luck! :)

You do not need car seat in shuttle.

You do not need car seat in shuttle.

WRONG! If there are seat belts in the vehicle - like the vans used by American Shuttle at MIA and all of the taxi and limos & even some of the car rental shuttle busses now have seat belts - FLA law REQUIRES a seat belt.

We did not have seat belts and car seats when I was a kid and I have the scars running through one eye-brow to prove it! Do everyone a favor and bring your onw child car seats. :)

Archived