Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

[quote name='turquoise 6']Excellent. You have us in the mood for for A QM2 cruise

NOW!!!! :)[/QUOTE]

So do it. Book a World Cruise Sector and break out of the Transatlantic mindset (although that's on my bucket list)

Cunard should be paying me commission. :D

[quote name='Pushka']So do it. Book a World Cruise Sector and break out of the Transatlantic mindset (although that's on my bucket list)

Cunard should be paying me commission. :D[/QUOTE]
I do like cruising from port to port. I did Caribbean ,
Bahamas , Halifax. And Northern Europe on the
Qm2.
But I really enjoy the 7/8 day transatlantic voyage
The sea days and the way the Qm2 sails is
A glamorous Tradition . (I did a transatlantic on the
New Queen Elizabeth , but it wasn't as special as being
On the QM2
Yes I would love to do a segment of the world cruise
Thanks
We can split the commission :D

Poor QM2 has had a challenging day. A tender port in Cairns and Force 6 wind.

Running very late but we've five sea days ahead so hardly a problem.

Those tender drivers are amazing in such tough conditions. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/zu9ahy4u.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Pushka']Poor QM2 has had a challenging day. A tender port in Cairns and Force 6 wind.

Running very late but we've five sea days ahead so hardly a problem.

Those tender drivers are amazing in such tough conditions. [/QUOTE]

Definitely. I remember a very windy day with rough sea at St. Lucia. Not many passengers use the boats as they were dancing the waves like rock'n roll.

After lunch I decided to go ashore. The tendr had great difficulties to come along the tender platform. A gentlemen from Japan was to join me and he, noticing the sea now closely, decided to to return to his cabin to pick something up he had forgotten. So eventually I was alone with the guy in control. He grinned at me, said that as we were on our own now we will take the straight route. That hed did. This tenders can take lot...

Gladly there was a free space on a bench ashore, the pooring rain didn't bother me much.

Two of us CC'ers are doing a blog. It's on another forum, for Frequent Flyers who haven't cruised or might have cruised a lot. You may like it or hate it. It's here:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/2-old-dames-best-dame-58488.html

It was started a few weeks ago and will continue for the next 2 weeks. Pretty much live.

Two of us CC'ers are doing a blog. It's on another forum, for Frequent Flyers who haven't cruised or might have cruised a lot. You may like it or hate it. It's here:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/2-old-dames-best-dame-58488.html

It was started a few weeks ago and will continue for the next 2 weeks. Pretty much live.

Yes, we saw your advert on your previous thread "Live report from QM 2"which told us where we could find your pretty much live report:)

Edited by Salacia

Yes excellent report from the QM2. I noticed

I notice lots of live reports from people on cruise ships.

Do you use your wifi plan ? It can be costly

Writing from the ships on the Internet .

Enjoy the cruise

Yes excellent report from the QM2. I noticed

I notice lots of live reports from people on cruise ships.

Do you use your wifi plan ? It can be costly

Writing from the ships on the Internet .

Enjoy the cruise

Not to answer the question you posed to Pushka, but I'd like to comment that our experience with internet on the QM2 had been very, very s-l-o-w connections and some frustration when using. We noticed internet connections were much, much faster on the Queen Elizabeth.

I don't know it this had to do with ship location or if it was the kind of internet "systems" used onboard these two ships. Does anyone have any explanation of my observations?

In general, internet time on any ship IS expensive---until your level as a repeat customer affords you some free time.

When you enjoy traveling on Cunard ships, that can happen more quickly than you would think. A few years and some nice voyages and internet is absolutely free!

I always think the word "advert" implies in some way I am receiving some kind of benefit in doing so. I'm not Salacia, it's costing me money using the internet to post it.

I've just enjoyed reading other peoples Trip reports and thought I could share. ;)

The internet has been patchy. Sometimes fast, other times slow, and other times it keeps logging me in and out. Perseverance is needed.

Currently QM2 is at a maiden port of call in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. ypahedus.jpg

Jesselton Port which has significant interest for WW2 veterans who served in these waters.

Edited by Pushka

Does anyone have any idea when the

RMS Queen Mary 2 resume the Transatlantic schedule?

It is a shame to Cunard legend that an ocean liner is

Being used as a cruise ship for many months

As they said "what a waste "!

This was the job of the qv & qm. cruise ships

It's April , this is the season for the north

Atlantic .:rolleyes:

Even QE2 sailed at a cruise ship during the winter months and occasionally during the rest of the year. I'm not sure exactly when the tradition of regular ocean liner year round transatlantic crossings ended, probably in the late 50's, early 60's I would suppose. QE2 and QM2 have usually begun their transatlantic crossings in either April or May, but I thought now QM2 was doing one in January as well. I know she will in 2015, and she did one last year.

Edited by Leucothea

It's still March until Tuesday. The first Transatlantic is on 9th May and from Southampton.

Even QE2 sailed at a cruise ship during the winter months and occasionally during the rest of the year. I'm not sure exactly when the tradition of regular ocean liner year round transatlantic crossings ended, probably in the late 50's, early 60's I would suppose. QE2 and QM2 have usually begun their transatlantic crossings in either April or May, but I thought now QM2 was doing one in January as well. I know she will in 2015, and she did one last year.

The Qm2 , as I stated many times and we all know, is becoming more of a cruise ship and not using her Ocean Liner capabilities.

When the QE2 did a world cruise, there wasn't a Qv or QE

When the Qm2 came out in 2004/5 there were visions

Of a revival of the transatlantic crossing .

The ship , as we are told over and over is an Ocean Liner

There were lectures on board , given by the officers , about

Confirming this fact . There was talk on board , that

There may be a second ocean liner .

As we know this never happened and the revival

Of the transatlantic crossing on a regular schedule never happened.

The crossing became longer 6 to 7 to 8 days

With cruises in between.

Cunard would have saved a lot of money

If the Qm2 was built as vista ship and

Lowered the expectations we had of the

QM2:(

Edited by turquoise 6
Added idea

Your case has been submitted 700 times on this forum and dismissed 699 times. There is zero need for dead of winter TA cruises on the freezing and gale ridden North Atlantic. I know that back when you were young the Mauritania, Gripsholm and the like were needed for such trips as those propeller and sea planes were expensive and uncomfortable. Thankfully jets now can get you to London in 7-8 hours in the coldest winter months so the.QM2 can provide a luxurious world cruise in warm seas until early May

... There is zero need for dead of winter TA cruises on the freezing and gale ridden North Atlantic. ...
Very true, there is no need for dead of winter crossings. But still we are proud to have qualified for the Winter Crossing Club thanks to the westbound crossing we enjoyed December 15-22, 2012. The force 11 gale that QM2 calmly sliced through the night of December 18-19 was icing on the cake (but not on deck).