Tour Guides in Villefranche and Rome

kaekjfamily

We are crusing to the Mediterannean on the Disney Magic in August 2013 and are looking for tour guides. We are a family of 5, with three girls (ages 13, 12 and 10). Specifically, does anyone have information about Alain at Dreamtours or Veronique Flayol from Provence Premium? We were out of luck in getting Sylvie Di Cristo. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a guide in Rome, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

We are crusing to the Mediterannean on the Disney Magic in August 2013 and are looking for tour guides. We are a family of 5, with three girls (ages 13, 12 and 10). Specifically, does anyone have information about Alain at Dreamtours or Veronique Flayol from Provence Premium? We were out of luck in getting Sylvie Di Cristo. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a guide in Rome, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

We used Michel of Exclusive Riviera for a customized tour of the area (Eze, St Paul de Vence and more). It was the very best tour of our entire Med cruise. You can check out some reviews here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187234-d2314443-Reviews-Exclusive_Riviera_Private_Tours-Nice_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html#REVIEWS

There are many good companies for Rome but Romeinlimo is consistently top rated. We used them for Florence also, and made a huge mistake by not hiring them for Naples. If you plan to tour the Vatican, be sure to engage a private guide, it can be very crowded and overwhelming. RIL can arrange a guide for you if you wish.

You will find lots of valuable information in the "PORTS" section of Cruise Critic forums.

Since you are asking for specific tour companies in Rome, I can highly suggest "Rome in Limo" (RIL as other person posted). We used them for our '07 and '09 cruises and will be using them again when we go back (hopefully this fall). We have had Francesco and Vinny as driver/guides and both are fantastic. The owner is Duman and the lady in charge of booking is Janey. They are a wonderful company and really care about their small groups. We hired an all day tour guide to go into the Colosseum and Vatican as well as other places and got Julia. She was amazing and so energetic and entertaining. My husband is a bit ADD and gets bored and tired easily but each of the drivers and Julia kept him engaged and having fun every day. We had three pre-cruise days with them and one day post with the first cruise, and 1 pre-day and 1 post the 2nd cruise.

Their rates are reasonable but their service is impeccable. They treated the two of us like VIP's for A LOT LESS than the cruise lines charge for their busses stuffed with 40+ tourists. They took us straight to the places of interest with front door service usually and knew how to skip the tourist lines so we saw more than anyone else. It was the perfect experience!

Good luck and have fun! Rome is to die for amazing! Just watch the stairs, I fell and busted up my knee on our last day. Got home and had surgery to fix it. Yikes! Thank God it was the last day of our vacation!

I beleive Sylvie DiCristo works out of Villefranche, she was excellent for us out of Cannes.

In Rome, Rome in Limo is an excellent bet, there is a thread on the Italy forum with literally 1000s of positive reviews.. We used them in Rome, Naples and Livorno and every port was handled great. They also operate a tour sharing site where you can organize a group or look for others on your ship that have room.

• 2 weeks later...

Tour requests need to be on the roll call for your trip.. Disney roll calls are not very active here, you might check disboards as well.

Hi - we are on the same cruise, me and two children, aged 8 and 6 - looking at the link provided, http://frenchrivierasightseeing-tourguide.com/private_tour_nice.html, there are 4 hour tours for 8 at reasonable prices - if anyone wants to join in and cut the cost let me know!

Archived