carry on wine

buy the fancy wine without the cork and a twist off cap ;) Even better... the stuff in the juice boxes! Problem solved lol

A cheap $store corkscrew will do the job... that said i'm putting it in my carry-on just in case!

buy the fancy wine without the cork and a twist off cap ;) Even better... the stuff in the juice boxes! Problem solved lol

You seem to be saying that in jest about the screw-cap wines, but there really are some "fancy" wines that use screw-caps these days. :cool:

Just put the corkscrew in your suitcase.

I was on the Brilliance last month and my corkscrew pocketknife that was in my checked luggage is what got it sent to the naughty room.

But you should have seen the alcohol line up. All that wine in the luggage made it take almost 2 hours for those folks to get there stuff.

You seem to be saying that in jest about the screw-cap wines, but there really are some "fancy" wines that use screw-caps these days. :cool:

Yes, absolutely true. We went to a wine seminar on the ship and the sommelier made this very point!

Cruising Oasis in September....

I want to make sure I'm understanding.....

We can bring 2 bottles of wine aboad with us? Details please, as I cannot find anything on the site about this!

TIA

Andrea

Yes, you can bring up to 2 bottles of wine or champagne onboard, up to 750ML sized bottles. The info is also on the RCCL website. We had 3 cabins on our cruise in December- I took 6 bottles on myself. Once the security guy saw my documents for all 3 cabins, he let me through. And yes, the cabin steward will bring you a bucket to chill it in, corkscrew, and glasses- no charge.

LOL! I called (something I seem to do EVERY week!) This is good to know, since in looking at the wine list there is no Moscato.

Thanks for the info though, I forgot to ask how to get wine onboard (checked or carry-on). Now I know!

I am so excited for this cruise!

A

Good point, has anyone had a problem carrying one on their carry-on for flight-Southwest?

The airport security rules haven't changed - you need to follow those, so no big bottles of any liquids in carry-on. If you are bringing wine from home they should be in checked luggage until you arrive. Then put them in carry-on to board the ship.

With that in mind, I don't want bottles in my luggage for fear of arriving with soaked clothes. So I'm going to buy them once I get to Florida.

Yes, absolutely true. We went to a wine seminar on the ship and the sommelier made this very point!

I have to agree about the screw top wines these days. We paid as much for a screwtop bottle as we did for one with a cork screw and each bottles we equal in taste.

LOL! I called (something I seem to do EVERY week!) This is good to know, since in looking at the wine list there is no Moscato.

Thanks for the info though, I forgot to ask how to get wine onboard (checked or carry-on). Now I know!

I am so excited for this cruise!

A

On the "new" wine list they are offering Moscato, which I prefer and have pre-ordered for my cruise on Monday. There seems to be a new and growing demand for Moscato, which suppliers are satisfying.

Enjoy your Moscato and your cruise!

Butterfly625

The airport security rules haven't changed - you need to follow those, so no big bottles of any liquids in carry-on. If you are bringing wine from home they should be in checked luggage until you arrive. Then put them in carry-on to board the ship.

With that in mind, I don't want bottles in my luggage for fear of arriving with soaked clothes. So I'm going to buy them once I get to Florida.

Corkscrews are allowed in carry on baggage through TSA, jsut not the ones with the foil cutter (knife blade)... so no waiter's corkscrews, just the plastic souvenier type.

Archived