What is the furthest you have driven to board a cruise ship?

wework2play

I'm curious to see the responses to this. We have made the crazy decision to drive about 20 hours to our cruise port next month. :eek:

We could still change our minds and fly, but we have always liked to drive to see the country. I'm excited, but just a little bit nervous as we are not as young as we used to be :p

About 24 hours each way to Florida, 2 days each way. My Dad fell and broke a hip so now I agreed to fly from now on in case I need to get home sooner as I had to drive the car home and even getting up at 5 am the morning on the way home, he still complained how long it took me.

Have not done it since.

I used to live in S. Florida and drive to North Texas all the time, about once a year.

Love to drive, the best part of planning a relaxing cruise is to drive :).

Driving is an essential must , your not over stressed and more so relaxed when you arrive at the ship "If you plan right" .;)

Your missing everything when you not seeing and enjoying the states as well as the plywood state :D

24 hours. We lived in Toronto (canada) and drove to Miami for our Glory cruise. We've actually driven to Florida 4-5 times for Orlando vacations. Our family motto is " it's all part of the adventure" Kids even know which hotel and restaurants they wanted to stop at on the way we've done it so many times.

We're driving to Miami from the Austin, TX area for our victory cruise and it's about 20 hours. We're making one stop along the way.

Totally sorta off topic but i'm originally from eastern Canada (Newfoundland) and my dad passed away April of 2012 so we drove from Texas to Newfoundland (which also includes an overnight on a ferry (cars/people) to get to the island), packed up my mom and three days later drove back to texas. In total 6500 miles/10100 km driving and the 200 mil/320 km ferry ride. We did it all in 9 days. Oh and we had 4 people on the way there, picked up my mom and my friend so had 6 people in a mini van on the way back and we were pulling a 4x8 Uhaul behind us. We said "it's all part of the adventure" a lot :eek::D

Totally sorta off topic but i'm originally from eastern Canada (Newfoundland) and my dad passed away April of 2012 so we drove from Texas to Newfoundland (which also includes an overnight on a ferry (cars/people) to get to the island), packed up my mom and three days later drove back to texas. In total 6500 miles/10100 km driving and the 200 mil/320 km ferry ride. We did it all in 9 days. Oh and we had 4 people on the way there, picked up my mom and my friend so had 6 people in a mini van on the way back and we were pulling a 4x8 Uhaul behind us. We said "it's all part of the adventure" a lot :eek::D

Wow. We drove 36 hours each way (total of 72 hours) a couple years ago with 4 kiddos. Lots of laughter and a few tears, but totally worth it. We will never forget it. With that said, I do not plan to do it again ;)

60 minutes to Midway airport since it was cheaper than O'Hare. Wish I could drive but my back can't take the long drives.

I'll go all the way to Milwaukee to avoid O'hare, which has to be one of the ugliest, unfriendliest, and most over-priced dumps in the whole country. And for Port Canaveral, Rockford's Allegiant Air has great prices with no parking fees.

I'd be willing to do a long day's drive (say about 700 miles) to a cruise port. But since I prefer to start my cruise from the south, it doesn't quite get me there, so I fly.

30 miles to the airport to Ft Lauderdale for the 1st cruise. Same distance this time, but much longer flight to Honolulu. Used to drive 22 hr to Florida straight through going down w/1 stop on way home after a week - Ugh! Now drive 420 one way 3-4 times a year to see family - piece of cake. ;)

I'm curious to see the responses to this. We have made the crazy decision to drive about 20 hours to our cruise port next month. :eek:

We could still change our minds and fly, but we have always liked to drive to see the country. I'm excited, but just a little bit nervous as we are not as young as we used to be :p

We were going to drive from North central Indiana but decided against it in spring break traffic and are flying from St Louis instead as it was WAY cheaper than flying out of INdy

Archived