Nachi Cocum

arkjeweler

Is Nachi Cocum all you can drink or all you can eat and drink?

It's all you can drink and comes with a 3 course lunch. If you can eat more after that i don't know if they'd let you get more .

I have always been so full after eating that i couldn't even order the dessert.

Visit #4 coming up in 3 weeks.:)

Bill

Very much all you can drink, make sure you try a 'dirty monkey'. You should probably be able to get all you want to eat - if you are big eater just order an extra entree. Have been there twice off of ships, would go back in a heartbeat for a beach break.

Its all inclusive for drinks; food is a 3 course lunch as posted above. You don't have to order everything at the same time.

We ordered chips & guacamole, then a couple more appetizers for the 3 of us to share. Later we ordered 3 entrees. I don't think we even ordered all 3 desserts, we had plenty.

• 1 month later...
What are the longish brown things at 11 o'clock?

Those were fried cheese sticks we got for our daughter. They didn't look very good, but they actually were. You could tell they were actually home made and not something out of a box. :)

Did you have to tip the waiter each time he brought you something?

No - tip when you want. Some tip every round, some tip up front. We have always tipped the waiter 15-20% of our admission fee at the end of the day, and then I usually tip the bar tenders a few extra bucks (I love to practice my Spanish at the swim up bar! :o).

• 11 months later...

Stay Away!!!

Save your money and go elsewhere. Dirty and the staff was nasty. The waiter threatened us with bad water because he felt we insulted him by asking for bottled water. He was rude and nasty. The management did not care. We left feeling it was a very unsafe environment for our family.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but I will continue to tell everyone about the wonderful time we had there and how incredible the staff was. Nachi Cocom was amazing and I can't wait to go back.

Edited by CityGirlLost

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but I will continue to tell everyone about the wonderful time we had there and how incredible the staff was. Nachi Cocom was amazing and I can't wait to go back.

ditto! Been there 3-4 times now and will continue to go back and recommend the place.

I can't believe it got rundown in a year.

Bill

Did you have to tip the waiter each time he brought you something?

We tip our server at the end of day and also drop something in the bucket at the bar. Our son spends a lot of time at the swim up bar ordering smoothies and real cokes.

I thought you tipped at the end but out waiter constantly stood around "with his hand out" every single time he brought us anything. It got to the point where the people next to us asked him are you the only waiter who helps us, when he said yes they told him they would tip him at the end. He walked away shaking his head mumbling in spanish. I would avoid this place at all costs. It was horrible

It's all you can drink and comes with a 3 course lunch. If you can eat more after that i don't know if they'd let you get more .

I have always been so full after eating that i couldn't even order the dessert.

Visit #4 coming up in 3 weeks.:)

Bill

its 4 course Bill, .....................B:)

Was just back at Nachi on April 11th and it is not run down, as per a couple of posts in the past few months.

Went, looking to verify these reports and Nachi was as clean, with as great food and wonderful service as since our first day there (out of 6 now) back in 2007. (had Carlos for the 3rd time now. Never let our drinks get empty)

The only thing Nachi has done since 2007 is increase the beachside palapas from 10 in 2007, to 30 today.

Added the 2 poolside, covered beds, some hammocks and some inflatable amenities.

They had just had a storm and Nachi had a guy with a wheelbarrow cleaning sea grass from the sand all day.

So for any longtime Nachi customers, you do not have to worry about your Nachi experience changing, since your last day there.

Bill

its 4 course Bill, .....................B:)

I frequently slip up and say 4 course, but I believe it is actually 3 courses.

Appetizer, Main Course and Desert..

Is there a soup or salad course I have been missing?

Although for many of us, the alcohol is an all day course. ;)

We are going there for the first time in November. We are hoping it is as wonderful as most people say it is.

How much should we bring for tips?

I go by how much we have the waiter fetching for us all day.

If we have him haul our food and drinks down the beach to a distant palapa, all day, then I tip more.

If we eat at the restaurant area and get alot of our own drinks from the swim up bar, I tip the waiter less and tip the bartenders a bit.

I'd say average for the two of us, probably $20-$30 for the waiter and $5-$10 for the bartenders, the times we hang in the pool all day.

Bill

I was just there April 21st and it was wonderful, the food was great, the drinks strong and all employees were great!!! not sure what happen to the other OP who had such a bad time. But I would recommend it to everyone.

Pammycakes

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=pammycakes&date=6-30-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Freedom

Edited by pammycakes