Checking in for your cruise at MIA

SNL4

I haven't seen much talk on here, and can't find anything in my cruise docs or on the Carnival site about using the check-in option at Miami Int'l. (I also may not have looked hard enough, but hoping someone here can help me.)

I remember reading that they opened a check-in area in the airport. I am arriving on a flight the day of my sailing. Do you have to be using Carnival transfers to take advantage of it? Is it open every day a ship is sailing or just weekends? Any info or direction to resources anyone has would be really great.

Thanks!

We have a cruise on the Breeze in a couple of weeks. I posted a question on the main site awhile back and got two responses from people saying it went fine. We have a group and our own airport to cruise dock transfers. The transfer compamy said that the lines were long (for airport check in). The two responses said not so for them.

The check in counter opens at 8AM. Our flight arrived about 6:50 AM so we were one of the first to check in at the airport. Even with that I did not see a lot of people waiting to check in. Maybe because it was early.

Do not get Carnival port transportation as it will wait for the bus to get full before it heads the the port.

We used this check in back in December and it was pretty smooth. We went straight to security check in at the port since we already had our sail and sign cards.

We got a cab to the port. Other people who checked in at the airport I noticed them arrive at the port wayy after we got there because they chose Carnival transfer

As of now airport check in is only available at MIA.

If you are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale but flying into MIA, you are also able to check in for your Ft. Lauderdale cruise there at MIA.

If your cruising out of Miami but flying into FLL, you may NOT be able to check in at FLL for your cruise because that service is only offered at MIA.

Can you use it if you're flying in the day before your cruise?

You can only use the service on your actual sailing day.

If you cruise on Saturday and you get to MIA on Friday, I supposed you can go back to the airport on Saturday morning and check in but why would you do that?

Unless your hotel is right next to the airport but even then I think it would be a hassle :confused:

I checked it out at MIA when we arrived around noon and the line up was crazy ...grabbed a cab and went to the port where there was no line up and we breezed through security and check in.. A side note the kyosks are gone and now they take your picture when you check in , at the terminal and you get your S&S cards there as well all in one stop ...Carnival IMO has always had it over other lines at check in and now its even quicker and easier...

D

Thanks for the great info. I think we're the only Carnival ship departing from either Miami or Ft Laud that Thursday so hopefully the lines will be short and we can take advantage of this!

• 2 weeks later...
Another great perk about the check in at MIA, priority boarding. We had bought FTTF, and our friends checked in at the airport. They were given the same boarding number as us because they were considered to be the first checked in (even though they weren't). Great way to get a perk without paying!

So if I check in at MIA I'll get priority boarding? Or did your friends get that status since you were with them and you purchased FTTF? I pre registered this evening and I'm not even sure if that's the same as checking in. We're going on our cruise in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide if that will get us on board quicker. I don't want to purchase FTTF but we are hoping to arrive at the port by 11AM and board as early as possible. Thanks.

Archived