Vain woman needs help with horrible cruise hair!!

Aurora2143

OMG, this thread is funny! Love it! I also have used John Frieda's "Frizz Ease", and like it, and just this morning used the "It's a 10" hair mask for the first time and my hair is soft with no frizz. I live in S. Florida, and have never had a frizz issue until moving here. I really, really like "It's a 10" and they don't test on animals, so it's even better in my book!

miracle-hair-mask.jpg

OMG, this thread is funny! Love it! I also have used John Frieda's "Frizz Ease", and like it, and just this morning used the "It's a 10" hair mask for the first time and my hair is soft with no frizz. I live in S. Florida, and have never had a frizz issue until moving here. I really, really like "It's a 10" and they don't test on animals, so it's even better in my book!

miracle-hair-mask.jpg

*GASP* I didn't get the mask!! :eek:

I love it when we women can be real about our issues. Mine is just that my hair is a huge deal. My friends have always said that if I could get insurance for my hair, I probably would.:)

I just had a brazilian blowout done for the first before I went to Mexico because I always have hair issues there (I will style it nicely and the minute I go outside - it goes crazy). The blowout worked!!!! I am actually contemplatig doing it again before we go on our cruise at the end of June as I too am again worried about my hair. I guess I am vain as well! :)

You can also try moroccon oil. That helps some, but not as much as the blowout did. Good luck - I feel your pain!

I just had a brazilian blowout done for the first before I went to Mexico because I always have hair issues there (I will style it nicely and the minute I go outside - it goes crazy). The blowout worked!!!! I am actually contemplatig doing it again before we go on our cruise at the end of June as I too am again worried about my hair. I guess I am vain as well! :)

You can also try moroccon oil. That helps some, but not as much as the blowout did. Good luck - I feel your pain!

Awww!! Thanks!

I guess I'll ask my hairdresser about it. Do you have straight hair?

My closest friends always say, "with Pattie (that's me) it's all about the vanity"

i used the Morrican Argon oil in my hair, I travel to Cuba quite alot (I am Canadian it is the walmart trip) I have mop head once i get off that plane it springs to life and has a life on its own.. Put that Morrican Argon Oil in and it takes the unruly hair and tames it. gives it a nice shine and stays in place. :D

I've tried Wen and perhaps I should have tried it the way you did. I hated it. My hair felt like I'd been out on a hunting trip all weekend and didn't wash my hair for a week prior - GROSS!

'It's a 10' sounds like good products. We shall see.

Thanks ladies! You're all awesome!

I agree! It's so gross! Shampooing first fixes the problem and then the Wen works like a charm.

I'm with you- it's all about the hair! I'm already thinking of ways to wear my hair that will wnd proof it. I want to look decent in the pictures:). Of course I'm traveling with my sister who has great hair and could care less what it looks like.

I found that using the John Frieda air brush and a keratin product before completely drying helped tremendously. I know exactly what you are talking about with the frizz head. I bought the air brush on Amazon. I dry my hair mostly with a regular hair dryer and finish it off with the airbrush. BTW- I received the advice on the airbrush here on CC.

I'm with you- it's all about the hair! I'm already thinking of ways to wear my hair that will wnd proof it. I want to look decent in the pictures:). Of course I'm traveling with my sister who has great hair and could care less what it looks like.

My issue is that I have to look great in all my pictures for this upcoming trip in May. We're traveling with my stepson which means...yes the ex-wife will see the pictures.

Here's a little dirty laundry, but kinda funny. After she left my hubby for another man and the divorce went through, my DH got a huge promotion at work and his salary about tripled. This made her very angry and she wanted him back and he said "see ya".

Then he met me, I'm 11 years younger and that really made her furious! She has nothing nice to say about either of us, so I like to have her think that I always look great! Yes, evil but necessary. :D

I found that using the John Frieda air brush and a keratin product before completely drying helped tremendously. I know exactly what you are talking about with the frizz head. I bought the air brush on Amazon. I dry my hair mostly with a regular hair dryer and finish it off with the airbrush. BTW- I received the advice on the airbrush here on CC.

I'm going to have to look up the airbrush. It sounds interesting. :)

My hair has a life of it's own, depending on the weather and where I am - fine, frizzy, and skimpy. And turning from blonde to "platinum":rolleyes:.

I've found that if I don't use any products at all and don't shampoo it more than once every couple of weeks or so, that works best for me. I'm not kidding. No, my hair doesn't get gross because I do use conditioner to "wash" it and scrub my scalp, and as long as I haven't been using anything with silicone in it, it's perfectly clean. It redestributes the natural oils and I've read that it can eventually cause oily hair to be less oily - something about retraining the oil glands to not secrete so much because they don't "perceive" the necessity to replenish that's caused by constantly stripping out the natural oils. In that case, you might have to tolerate a while with less than perfect hair, but it supposedly works in the long run. My hair is dry-ish, so I can't contest to that aspect.

Using a single drop or 2 of a good pure Argan oil on particularly heinously humid days helps me out too.

And, if all else fails, if it's windy or rainy or I'm going on a boat, a cap and ponytail do the trick. :)

My hair has a life of it's own, depending on the weather and where I am - fine, frizzy, and skimpy. And turning from blonde to "platinum":rolleyes:.

I've found that if I don't use any products at all and don't shampoo it more than once every couple of weeks or so, that works best for me. I'm not kidding. No, my hair doesn't get gross because I do use conditioner to "wash" it and scrub my scalp, and as long as I haven't been using anything with silicone in it, it's perfectly clean. It redestributes the natural oils and I've read that it can eventually cause oily hair to be less oily - something about retraining the oil glands to not secrete so much because they don't "perceive" the necessity to replenish that's caused by constantly stripping out the natural oils. In that case, you might have to tolerate a while with less than perfect hair, but it supposedly works in the long run. My hair is dry-ish, so I can't contest to that aspect.

Using a single drop or 2 of a good pure Argan oil on particularly heinously humid days helps me out too.

And, if all else fails, if it's windy or rainy or I'm going on a boat, a cap and ponytail do the trick. :)

I can't go that long without washing my hair. After 48 hours, it looks like I put Crisco in my hair. EWWWW! :eek:

I've searched through the message boards for tips on how to control frizzy hair on cruises, but have found many for women with thin or curly hair and products that work for them usually would not and have not worked for me.

My hair is a thick mixture of asian/caucasian hair. Supposed to be straight and when I went on my first cruise last year, I could not control the frizz with the products that I've used. Tried all kinds of serums and creams to no avail.

Does anyone have my type hair and know of products that I can use to look at least halfway decent during my next Alaskan cruise in May?

I have vanity issues and do pride myself on having "perfect" hair. HELP!!!! :)

Whatever you do, don't cut your hair shorter. It will sprout out all over the place. I have the same problem. My hair goes kinky in the slightest humidity. I keep it long, even in the front, and when I'm cruising I don't worry about it at all. I'll put it in some sort of a cute braid and use a hair ribbon or pretty barrette and I think it looks nice that way even in the dining room when I'm dressed up a little. Plus it's easy which is what you want your hair to be on vacation.

Whatever you do, don't cut your hair shorter. It will sprout out all over the place. I have the same problem. My hair goes kinky in the slightest humidity. I keep it long, even in the front, and when I'm cruising I don't worry about it at all. I'll put it in some sort of a cute braid and use a hair ribbon or pretty barrette and I think it looks nice that way even in the dining room when I'm dressed up a little. Plus it's easy which is what you want your hair to be on vacation.

Easy and cute, exactly what I'm looking for! ;)

PLEASE go to a salon that uses global keratine products, I think I spelled that correct, it is a straighter done at the salon and costs 300.00, and lasts about 3 to 4 months. I read all the reviews because I take a chemo drug, and my hair is usually straight, you will want to do this as often as you can afford. At first I thought 300.00, no way!, you will have to buy the shampoo and conditioner and leave in condition, not cause their trying to sell you drying, it works with the system, good luck, nothing works as good over the counter

PLEASE go to a salon that uses global keratine products, I think I spelled that correct, it is a straighter done at the salon and costs 300.00, and lasts about 3 to 4 months. I read all the reviews because I take a chemo drug, and my hair is usually straight, you will want to do this as often as you can afford. At first I thought 300.00, no way!, you will have to buy the shampoo and conditioner and leave in condition, not cause their trying to sell you drying, it works with the system, good luck, nothing works as good over the counter

Sorry, Global Keratin Taming System with JUVEXIN, that's the key word

Thanks. I see my hairstylist tomorrow and will definitely ask about this. :)

I have seen that the salon keratin treatment really works. My stylist was trying to get me to do it, but I like to wear my hair curly sometimes, and DH likes it better curly. When I want curly, I use Aquage defining gel, and it looks especially nice when I wear it back...my stylist even liked it when I came in for a cut and had it curly and back. I found that Aquage Ultra straightening gel really helps when I am in Orlando.

On the fashion forum there was a link to "The Small Things Blog", and she showed how to do knots, twists, etc. in you tube videos that I am looking forward to trying. Good luck!

Hard to believe that we have 42 posts in just a few days discussing what to do w your hair. A guys answer would be - just give it a quick comb and who cares. My wife is always telling me that my hair needs combing. LOL.

DON

Hard to believe that we have 42 posts in just a few days discussing what to do w your hair. A guys answer would be - just give it a quick comb and who cares. My wife is always telling me that my hair needs combing. LOL.

DON

Don, I'm a woman and I happen to agree with you :D! I just let my hair do what it wants to do. I wash it every morning and run a comb through it :).

Your hair will act differently on a cruise. The water is very soft so you won't really need conditioner. Then again, there's the humidity. Hair that is "straight" at home will likely be curly and frizzy at sea.

My recommendation is to just go with the flow :)! No one is going to take notice of your hair unless you do something really weird with it!

JMHO,

May I ask how long you have used the John Frieda air brush? I don't have a frizz problem, but love using an air brush. However, the brand I have been using does not last long. They stop working between one and two years. Normally, I wouldn't keep buying a product that had such poor quality, but I haven't been able to find a replacement. The reviews on the one I buy have many complaints that they die an early death. I would love to buy one that would last longer.

There's always people that come on a thread that is asking for advice, and then tries to make you feel stupid for asking such things. I see it on almost all threads. If its about how great suites on Ncl are compared to other lines, people have to come nd talk about how snobby people are and that you don't need to be in a suite to have fun.

If you don't have hair advice, then please kindly move on with your I don't care attitudes. I think you guys are very rude!

This is an issue that a lot of women actually care about.

I'm just went to Amazon and ordered the John Frieda Air Brush. I've never heard of it before, but I'm interested in giving it a try. WooHoo new toy!!!

I'm just went to Amazon and ordered the John Frieda Air Brush. I've never heard of it before, but I'm interested in giving it a try. WooHoo new toy!!!

I've never heard of it either. I think I will have to look into it as well. Let us know how it works out. :)

I will say with the global juvenile treatment, you can still roll your hair with a curling iron if you want curly hair for that day, etc. There are different treatments such as the first really straight, medium which I got thT has a little more body, so you can have wavy, curled hair, etc, don't know the third, probably wouldn't recommend, usually I have to straighten or curl my hair every time after shampoo, but with this treatment , no :), also when women feel good about their hair and the way they look, their attitudes are better, you should she my cruise pictures with my lion mane, not a pretty sight, didn't do my treatment in time

Archived