Just want to book a cabin

e-mail to Thmson today26 -03

:confused:

hello all,

Bit annoyed that I cannot book a cabin via telephone as the lady says because you have booked in the Thomson shop , must do it through them

come on in this day and age I should be able to do it by phone or online, we have snow here so cannot get to Thomson TA

seems the old story of once we have your money etc

come on guys/ grils all I want to do is book a cabin number !!!

why can some kind person not just call me and say yes these are the cabins availablle deck 3/4 inside sailing 25 April

bet you would call me now if I wanted a suite?

:D

==========================================

repy back just now 26-03 email

You can call your local shop, all of the contact details for the shop are on our website. This must be done by your shop as you'll need to pay to reserve your cabin. I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

====================================

but me ?

Stevie :confused:

hello all,

Bit annoyed that I cannot book a cabin via telephone as the lady says because you have booked in the Thomson shop , must do it through them

come on in this day and age I should be able to do it by phone or online, we have snow here so cannot get to Thomson TA

why can some kind person not just call me and say yes these are the cabins availablle deck 3/4 inside sailing 25 April

You can call your local shop, all of the contact details for the shop are on our website. This must be done by your shop as you'll need to pay to reserve your cabin. I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

but me ?

We always book ours via a shop but on the phone as we book via my friend who is a TA - why can't you phone your TA & ask them to book it for you? Saves you paying for the 0870 number, too ;)

Hi Steve

Just been reading A-Z in brochure.

"You can book a particular cabin up to 15 days before you go. ... Once you have booked your cruise simply call us to request a cabin number. 0871 231 4908, 9am - 7pm Mon to Fri, 9am to 5.30pm Sat and 10am to 5pm Sun. Calls cost 10p per min plus network extras. We'll confirm your cabin number over the phone and add the £42 cabin booking fee to your invoice."

Haven't quoted it all but definitely should be able to book direct with the number above. Think you must have got someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

Until recently CD used to ask you to phone back on another number to book a cabin but they can now do it at the same time of booking.

Hope this helps.

hello all,

Well you could always try .... Clicking onto

;):D

Hope you get your cabin Stevie, I'd do what Jules Advises :cool:

all good fun;)

Stevie:cool:

think the point here is if you book online you can select cabin number by phone later, if you book with Thomson TA you will need to have your IPA Details and hight at time of birth if you have none of the above then should contact our helpline 24/7 who will put you in touch with your local TA ..eermm which is us , anyway should you wish to ............................................... oh bugger off:p

Stevie;)

We had similar problems we booked on line and had problems when we tried to pay, went through to the number on screen next day kept getting told we had booked in a shop in Sheffield, we live in Devon!! Took over 3 hours on the phone to sort out, apparent there is a call centre which not all agents know about :rolleyes::rolleyes:

so to continue with cabin booking, rang the local TA (Thomson shop)

and they said we will have to contact the Cabin booking peeps, I said we have tried to do that myself but they said must do it thru the Thomson shop :confused: and so lady said I will call them (note this is all Thomson)

so after lots of calls back and forth and complete confusion got the cabin :)

what fun :rolleyes:

Stevie

I think Thomsons should sort their website out. We should be able to book cabins online. You were able to look at available cabins and book them for free with Ocean Village. I know we are never going to get them free but why is it so difficult?

You're right they will never be free but it would be so good to be able to reserve your cabin online come on Thomson time you caught up with technology and why can't we pay our balances online too

Totally agree, if we have to pay so be it, but we should be able to choose for ourselves online.

I also can't see a problem with the balance when the system can take your deposit.

I think Thomsons should sort their website out. We should be able to book cabins online. You were able to look at available cabins and book them for free with Ocean Village. I know we are never going to get them free but why is it so difficult?

They don't want you to see how many cabins they REALLY have got left.....

They don't want you to see how many cabins they REALLY have got left.....

Would it work like that though? I think perhpas if they show you which cabins have been booked that would be all it would represent. It doesn't give you any indication how many others have been sold but not pre-booked i.e. those that will be allocated by Thomson.

It's a bit like booking seats on the plane when they show you which seats you can choose - the unbooked ones don't represent how many seats are unsold - the plane could be fully booked but 50% of the passengers have chosen not to pay for a particular seat so half the seats show up as available for pre-booking purposes.

hello all,

but me ?

Hi Steve,

I've just double checked this and if you've made your booking in store, your Travel Agent will need to call the team to select the cabin number on your behalf. If you'd like, feel free to send your booking reference across to thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk and I can look at having the branch contact you to talk about this further.

Thanks,

Lauren

Lauren if you look at the Thread all done :)

=====================================================

and they said we will have to contact the Cabin booking peeps, I said we have tried to do that myself but they said must do it thru the Thomson shop :confused: and so lady said I will call them (note this is all Thomson)

the point is my TA is Thomson shop but the have to call the cabin booking line? when I call the cabin line they say must go Thru the shop ..now this is getting very silly, so next time another cruise line for me

as they say on Dragons Den I am out and will not Invest in Thomson Cruises again your UPS is now obsolete, take a look at the recent threads

any way my problem is sorted

Happy Easter all the kind people on this forum thinking of another cruise

(or cruise line :cool:)

Stevie:(

Would it work like that though? I think perhpas if they show you which cabins have been booked that would be all it would represent. It doesn't give you any indication how many others have been sold but not pre-booked i.e. those that will be allocated by Thomson.

It's a bit like booking seats on the plane when they show you which seats you can choose - the unbooked ones don't represent how many seats are unsold - the plane could be fully booked but 50% of the passengers have chosen not to pay for a particular seat so half the seats show up as available for pre-booking purposes.

I understand what you are saying Kruzseeka. As Carib Cruiser mentioned available cabins in the post, I was thinking we would be able to see for ourselves just how many cabins were still available on a particular cruise. The website sometimes states eg. " Only 4 of this type of cabin available " If there were lots of cabins still available for a particular cruise, people may delay booking in the hope that the price may drop. If only a few cabins available they may decide to book quickly to avoid losing out.

I was also thinking of other cruise lines and airlines where cabins and seats are allocated free of charge at time of booking.

Still thinking of a Thomson cruise I booked recently. It stated on the website. " Only 4 seats left " then shortly after I booked, several more seats became available. I am aware that people sometimes have to cancel and more cabins and seats become available, but in this instance several became available all at once making me feel that perhaps the " Only a few seats / cabins available " was not all together true.

Lauren if you look at the Thread all done :)

=====================================================

the point is my TA is Thomson shop but the have to call the cabin booking line? when I call the cabin line they say must go Thru the shop ..now this is getting very silly, so next time another cruise line for me

as they say on Dragons Den I am out and will not Invest in Thomson Cruises again your UPS is now obsolete, take a look at the recent threads

any way my problem is sorted

Happy Easter all the kind people on this forum thinking of another cruise

(or cruise line :cool:)

Stevie:(

Happy Easter, Steve :)

Archived