Getting clothes just "pressed".....

Fluffy62

I know irons aren't allowed. We get free laundry service in our suite. I don't really care about t-shirts and shorts getting wrinkled but if I unpack and have wrinkled evening items can I give them to the steward and just have them ironed...not washed? I figured I'd do this the first day so we could just hang them up when they get back and not have to worry about it for 14 days!

I know irons aren't allowed. We get free laundry service in our suite. I don't really care about t-shirts and shorts getting wrinkled but if I unpack and have wrinkled evening items can I give them to the steward and just have them ironed...not washed? I figured I'd do this the first day so we could just hang them up when they get back and not have to worry about it for 14 days!

Yes, you can...

Cost of "pressing only" is 80% of the cleaning price. Same day service is an additional 50%.

As an idea of pricing, normal cleaning price of a blouse/shirt was $4.00 last summer. So pressing only would be $3.20 per blouse/shirt with next day service.

Cost of "pressing only" is 80% of the cleaning price. Same day service is an additional 50%.

As an idea of pricing, normal cleaning price of a blouse/shirt was $4.00 last summer. So pressing only would be $3.20 per blouse/shirt with next day service.

OP is in a suite, so laundry service is free.

Fluffy,

Since you're in a suite, just check the "Press Only" box on the form. The steward will already have stamped "COMPLIMENTARY" on it.

I went to the laundrette and ironed some good creases into my shirt's collar and cuffs, otherwise the pressing they did was just fine.

And I think you'll get them back quickly, since it's early in the cruise.

Fun Fact: my steward said they no longer offered Dry Cleaning due to environmental impact. (KP in March '13)

Rick

Thanks everyone! Yes we do get free laundry service in our suite. Like I said I'm not too worried about shorts and stuff like that but I know my dresses and some of my husbands shirts won't look good coming out of the suitcase!

No worries. You have a Vista Suite on the Caribbean Princess (I peeked!) - that is going to be a fabulous cruise. Bet you are psyched.

Don't miss Sabatini's for breakfast!

Rick

Haha! Yes we have a Vista Suite! What did you peek at? And yes, we are soooo excited! Can't wait!

Fluffy, Fun Fact: my steward said they no longer offered Dry Cleaning due to environmental impact. (KP in March '13)

Rick

No traditional dry cleaning is correct, but there is 'professional cleaning' which is much the same with very good results. Use this vs laundry as there is no hot water used. Used it for all my evening shirts including my tux shirt with, as I said, excellent results.

Thanks everyone! Yes we do get free laundry service in our suite. Like I said I'm not too worried about shorts and stuff like that but I know my dresses and some of my husbands shirts won't look good coming out of the suitcase!

Hint for those who don't have "free laundry": when you pack, keep shirts in the same plastic wrap as they came from your local laundry. They are much less likely to wrinkle, whether folded or hung in your luggage.

As soon as I arrive on board I arrange for all the formal wear to be pressed then I don't have to think about it for the rest of the cruise, although my next cruise is for 47 nights so will have to arrange for cleaning...much as I would love to be taking 15+ formal outfits I don't think the other half would appreciate the extra luggage required.

Me, I plan to wear clothes three sizes too small. That way nobody will see the wrinkles. (Let's not go into what then might be seen.)

To be honest, I wear an inflatable life vest under my shirts and as the cruise goes on, just add air and the wrinkles go away :D! Of course I start with a 4XL!

Archived