Persian Garden on Summit

CruiserDoc

We have sailed on the Solstice in Aqua class and enjoyed the ability to have access to the Persian Gardens relaxation room. The view of the ocean from the large wall of windows was incredible. We are considering a sailing on the Summit in Aqua class. The floorplan shows the Persian Garden in the middle of the ship, which would appear NOT to have ocean view windows. Am I right about that? Can someone who has been on both classes of ships share a comparison please?

Thanks!!

Tom

The Persian Gardens in Summit do not have ocean view. They have the heated seat area and various rooms with hot/damp/dry heat, and nice relaxing music but it is small and darkish. I've never been on Solstice Class, but I have seen pictures of their Persian Garden area and it's breathtaking.

You would probably have a nice relaxing time on the Summit Persian Gardens, as long as you don't go with the expectations of the views on Solstice class.

Personally, I find the Persian Gardens on the M-class a little like a dungeon and not worth the extra charge if you aren't in aqua class. On the M-class, my favorite "spa" feature is the dry sauna in the changing room, which has a huge window with ocean view, plus it's free!

The Persian Gardens on the S-class is a whole lot nicer and is worth a visit if in aqua class. However, I'd hesitate paying for it if I was on a Caribbean or other warm itinerary.

Thanks for the replies!! I guess we'll not dream of the ocean views, as we had on the Solstice!

No, as said you won't see them. Being in the Persian Garden on the Summit is not like on the S class ships. It's a different experience entirely. I like both to tell you the truth. On the S class ships, it's more like a modern spa experience. Open and airy and bright. On the M class ships, it's comparable to a Turkish hamman. Dark, tranquil and a much more introspective experience. It doesn't give you the same feeling at all. Personally, I would never compare the two. It's like saying do you like apples or bananas. Both are fruit but as unalike as they come. Same thing with the different Persian Gardens.

As a previous poster said it is like a dungeon. Wouldn't book a AQ for the Persian Gardens on the Summit.

Our first X cruise was in AQ on the Solstice. It was fantatic. We booked AQ on the Summit and was really disappointed. The cabin is not the same, the furniture on the balcony is not as nice, no foot stool. really wanted to lay on the heated loungers in the Persian Gardens and there weren't any. The cabin could have used a facelift. The ship was not a S class and that was where our disappointment was. I did not like the M class because of what we were use to on the S class

We just got off the Connie in CC and the Reefer in AQ. After these recent cruises I now changed my opinion. A lot of those things on the S class are basically useless. Blu is too crowded on the Reefer and there are now crying babies and whinning children because of the suites. Tables are so close they are almost like long banquet tables. The main lawn area is off limits because of the Alcoves. The storage space in the cabin is better on the M class.

I really liked the Connie and probably will enjoy the Summit more if I go on it again now that I have experienced the regular dining room on the Connie, and know what to expect. Found the food to be just as good and may be better in the MDR. Next time we sail I will probably look into a regular balcony as the perks in AQ and CC don't really mean much. But it all depends on the price difference.

Archived