Monarch's final days

We loved the Monarch and would hop on board her whenever we drove to Ft.Lauderdale; it made a nice prelude to the Oasis or Allure.

The Monarch had a wonderful crew.

Would someone please post where Hotel Director John Denton will be going??

I know our first ship was Carnival Fantasy...and yes we had 5 of us in our room...can't think how did we ever fit in this room...

My first cruise was also Carnival Fantasy--in 1991. My first RCI cruise was Sovereign of the Seas which solidified my love for RCI. I have since cruised on both the Majesty (2X) and Monarch (1X). Monarch was my boyfriend's first cruise, just a few years ago. He's now gone on 5, so I appreciate her helping "hook" him on cruising (or making it "tolerable" so he'll indulge me. LOL).

I was sad to see Sovereign go to Pullmanter and now sad to see Monarch leave the fleet. I have to say when Majesty leaves the fleet, I might have to be on that farewell cruise!

I'm sure it will be a festive cruise tomorrow with many long time cruisers saying their good byes. I had booked the "farewell" cruise on the Norway (or planned farewell, then 9/11 happened a week later and they decided to keep her in the states---and then the real farewell was a fire a year or two later). But anyhoo, at that time, we all thought it was the last cruise. We received lots of special commemorative items. It was pretty special.

Monarch of the Seas was my first cruise ship. I've cruised 4 times all on her. I will hate to see her go. I'm going to try and video her leaving tomorrow from the port. If it all goes well I'll post the pictures and video for all to enjoy!

Thank you, that would be great to see as I don't think I will be around for the live feed.

To all those on board now and boarding tomorrow..........have a wonderful cruise.:D:eek::rolleyes:

Thank you :D

Can't wait. 12 hours from now I will be at the port.

We have a huge CC roll call for this cruise. I'm sure most of us will be up on deck waving goodbye to those on shore. It will be a fun cruise, but a sad one as well. I've sailed on the Sovereign and the Majesty so I had to complete the set and what better way to do it than on the farewell cruise. I've had it booked for about a year already, as soon as they announced she was leaving.

Thank you :D

Can't wait. 12 hours from now I will be at the port.

We have a huge CC roll call for this cruise. I'm sure most of us will be up on deck waving goodbye to those on shore. It will be a fun cruise, but a sad one as well. I've sailed on the Sovereign and the Majesty so I had to complete the set and what better way to do it than on the farewell cruise. I've had it booked for about a year already, as soon as they announced she was leaving.

Have fun. Let us know how it goes

Have a great time on her final RCI voyage!! I never had the chance to sail on Monarch as I really enjoy the mega-ships. However, being a Miami local - we love our Majesty. I know that I will most definitely be booking on Majesty's final voyage whenever that may be.

I am really excited that RCI chose Enchantment to replace the route up in PC. Other ships like the Vision are really out-of-date and need the revite asap.

Tune into the web cam tomorrow and give her the final send off that she deserves.

We won't be at home watching any web cam, we will be on the Monarch's deck waving goodbye as we sail out of Fl. This does look to be a great final voyage, very active roll call.

Going to miss her so much.......and cabin 9500. Sailed on her, for the first time, out of California and followed her to Florida. The crew was/is the best that Royal had to offer to the guests.

May we meet again in the future, Monarch of the Seas.

After the Monarch wraps up her final RCI sailing in Port Canaveral on 4/1, does anybody know how long she'll remain there until departing the port for the last time? I'd like to go see the final final departure from Port Canaveral at the conclusion of her last cruise. I assume it will be prior to the arrival of Explorer of the Seas on 4/2, but haven't had any luck narrowing in on a more exact time. Anybody know?

After the Monarch wraps up her final RCI sailing in Port Canaveral on 4/1, does anybody know how long she'll remain there until departing the port for the last time? I'd like to go see the final final departure from Port Canaveral at the conclusion of her last cruise. I assume it will be prior to the arrival of Explorer of the Seas on 4/2, but haven't had any luck narrowing in on a more exact time. Anybody know?

Well today you can watch her last sail away with cruisers on board on the webcam. The PC webcam FB page usually has good info on the departure times of the sail aways. Will be watching today :)

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

Well today you can watch her last sail away with cruisers on board on the webcam. The PC webcam FB page usually has good info on the departure times of the sail aways. Will be watching today :)

Thanks! I was actually out there today at Jetty Park watching the sail away. Still hoping to try and find out when she will be departing Port Canaveral for the last time after returning from this final cruise.

Here's the video I took today from Jetty Park:

Not sure if you are serious, but Monarch is going to be painted and transfered to Pullmantur Cruises. I believe she is going to be based out of Curacao. There was a thread I think yesterday or two days ago with a photoshopped picture of her in Pullmantur colors, and she looked really good I thought.

Edit - looks like I got beat by like 2 mins lol

I believe that she will be based out of colon, Panama

We loved the Monarch and would hop on board her whenever we drove to Ft.Lauderdale; it made a nice prelude to the Oasis or Allure.

The Monarch had a wonderful crew.

Would someone please post where Hotel Director John Denton will be going??

John is going to the Explorer and taking a lot of Monarch people with him.

Archived