Arggggh! Stick with 2C or go concierge guarantee?

Petoonya

Under final payment and can upgrade to a concierge guarantee for $200 more than paid for a 2C- Europe. I get psychotic with noise, and obviously can end up with a noisy one on deck 11 or 12. At the moment there are extremely few available for my sailing in those locations (like 3!), but realize that the cabin assignment I'm happy with next week could change by date of sailing. The 2C I have is fine, no view down but acceptable.

As I write this out, the answer is obvious....probably not worth the risk.

But what would you do?

Thanks Sharon.

There are 6 remaining concierge and AQ cabins on our sailing at the moment, and huge number of SS on deck 12 in the worst spots on the spreadsheet- Silhouette.

My 2C is looking lovelier.

Don't even look at the cabins available because at this stage they are moving people constantly......

You are not guaranteed one of the cabin's presently available and I am close to 100% sure you will not end up with that....that is why right before sailing almost everything goes into a "guarantee status"....this is when all the moving goes on.

I would not do it if noise sensitive...the only thing you really get in concierge is the extra point......fruit, which is ample at the buffet and room servise, and some half dead looking flowers........

Don't even look at the cabins available because at this stage they are moving people constantly......

You are not guaranteed one of the cabin's presently available and I am close to 100% sure you will not end up with that....that is why right before sailing almost everything goes into a "guarantee status"....this is when all the moving goes on.

I would not do it if noise sensitive...the only thing you really get in concierge is the extra point......fruit, which is ample at the buffet and room servise, and some half dead looking flowers........

Hee-hee!

The only thing I'd do it for is the better view and a place to put feet up on the balcony, which seems a pointless trade for potential noisy 12 days. I'd be ripping off people's faces in acute psychoses.

Thanks to you and Debbie too. Happy with my 2C :)

If 6156 is available move to it (I think it's a 2C). The balcony is huge and it's above the non-smoking side of the promenade and you won't even notice the obstruction, since it is so low. We just had it last week. :)

If 6156 is available move to it (I think it's a 2C). The balcony is huge and it's above the non-smoking side of the promenade and you won't even notice the obstruction, since it is so low. We just had it last week. :)

Could you tell if 6158 was good? It is right next door to 6156 and appears to have a bigger balcony than most in that category. I just don't know if the obstruction is bad. Being on a slant, is the room odd shaped? Are they smaller or bigger rooms? Thanks so much for any feedback you can give me. I am presently in 6158.

Hee-hee!

The only thing I'd do it for is the better view and a place to put feet up on the balcony, which seems a pointless trade for potential noisy 12 days. I'd be ripping off people's faces in acute psychoses.

Thanks to you and Debbie too. Happy with my 2C :)

On a personal note, if you are talking about the cruise you'll be on with us, please stay in the 2c. Don't want any psychotics on boards:D.

I don't see much benefit to the Concierge on these ships either--but you do know that once they assign you to a cabin on a guaranty, you can switch to a different cabin--right? You are not likely to get a suite with a concierge guaranty. I've never heard of that happening before.

On a personal note, if you are talking about the cruise you'll be on with us, please stay in the 2c. Don't want any psychotics on boards:D.

I don't see much benefit to the Concierge on these ships either--but you do know that once they assign you to a cabin on a guaranty, you can switch to a different cabin--right? You are not likely to get a suite with a concierge guaranty. I've never heard of that happening before.

I guess it would also depend if you need an extra cruise credit

For a 2c I like begin over Blu , the balcony are an extra 2 ft deep, but you have no view down

Stay with the 2C!

We cruised with friends last year in AQ guarantees. We lucked out with a very quiet cabin, our friends did not...swore people danced above their heads 24/7. Proved to be a VERY long week for them...and us too, as they constantly complained. Had they been assigned a cabin ahead of time, they would have had the opportunity to change, but sadly did not. Just the chance you take with guarantees.

Good luck with whatever you decide and a have a wonderful cruise! :)

I would never pay more to upgrade to Concierge. We were in AQ and the Concierge amenities were not worth it. A bottle of sparkling wine, priority check in and afternoon canapés... Not much else. AQ benefits are fabulous, but CC not so much. We found ourselves just going to the Oceanview cafe or ordering room service instead of partaking in the canapés because they were not very good. My DH and I never drank the wine because we already had the drink package.

With your $200 savings, you could get much better things on board such as a massage, dinners at the speciality restaurants and/or the drink package which are much more worth the extra $$.

Archived