Mighty Ships

Very expensive to sail on.

Its all relative and depends on your definition of expensive.

Some folk consider that for what you get and the way you are looked after its excellent value.

I seem to remember that for this past season there were some very good deals going for locals . I only saw them advertised once, thought about it, and by the time I had decided and enquired with the TA , they had been snapped up . :rolleyes:

Its all relative and depends on your definition of expensive.

Some folk consider that for what you get and the way you are looked after its excellent value.

I seem to remember that for this past season there were some very good deals going for locals . I only saw them advertised once, thought about it, and by the time I had decided and enquired with the TA , they had been snapped up . :rolleyes:

It was the cost of the penthouse suites, $500,000 for a 90 day cruise.

Yes.... Thats what they would have you believe.

However ....

I dont think for one moment , that anyone would pay that much.

If I were in a position to pay $500,000 for a cabin, I would like to think I had the negoiating skills to get a very , very large discount on such a booking.:D

Penthouse Suite $500,000 ! The bloke in the Penthouse Suite who threw the party for the ship's entertainers, must have a big quid.

Penthouse Suite $500,000 ! The bloke in the Penthouse Suite who threw the party for the ship's entertainers, must have a big quid.

Probably just using up his OBC Les.

You would have plenty of that given to you if you booked the Penthouse.:D

Great program but I wish they had shown a selection of staterooms not just the Penthouse of which there are quite a few.

Even the jewellery in the shops on board would require a hefty income to afford to buy a nice piece.

I could imagine quite a few of those 'guests' on board have never heard the word 'no' before so guess that's why the crew say we never say 'no' to our guests, if we can't get it, we'll try or we'll compromise.

They made it sound a bit dramatic leaving Sydney harbour, when it really wasn't.

Wish Mighty Ships would do a series on all passenger cruise liners, it's so interesting to us cruiseahololics....

Jill:)

Did I hear those fares correctly? It looked pretty flash to me. Not really my scene but each to his own.

Give me Princess any time.John

I must agree. Princess will do for me as well.

I think they do the Italian Cuisine very well .

I was told thats because they pick their Spaghetti from the real Spaghetti trees in Italy.

I think the Crystal Spaghetti comes from trees in America and is not so good.

Great program but I wish they had shown a selection of staterooms not just the Penthouse of which there are quite a few.

Even the jewellery in the shops on board would require a hefty income to afford to buy a nice piece.

I could imagine quite a few of those 'guests' on board have never heard the word 'no' before so guess that's why the crew say we never say 'no' to our guests, if we can't get it, we'll try or we'll compromise.

They made it sound a bit dramatic leaving Sydney harbour, when it really wasn't.

Wish Mighty Ships would do a series on all passenger cruise liners, it's so interesting to us cruiseahololics....

Jill:)

And the lady saying that she would have to get her husband. Where do you find those sort of husbands with a big wallet? Or was she just being full of it for the camera.

Yes anyone would have thought they were going to hit the harbour bridge, what a load of rubbish, that is why they have pilots onboard. There would be more concern about coming close to the boats on the harbour.

Bookings are open for Crystal Serenity's 108 day world cruise from January 15 - May 4, 2015 - fares are from $34,445 for an outside cabin to $206,120 for the most expensive penthouse ... that's in USD of course, so we'd get it cheaper ... ha ha

Cheers

It is surprising...

I cant lay my hands on them just now , but I have seen reviews were they compared say HAL or Oceania , with the Luxury lines eg Crystal and Regent.

Crystal and Regent, while initially a higher up front cost, worked out cheaper in the long run as many extras were included in the price.

I have done 2 cruises on Regent, (both super specials) , and have been struggling to spend the OBC that went the cruise.......with drinks, gratuities , and in Regents case , shore tours ,included, you just do not need to spend anything on board.

Even with Princess if you were to book a suite, which is what you get on Crystal, then paid for all the extras ,

it could easily work out more.

I think the ship can and will fit under the harbour bridge and has been under before.

That line is all inclusive (allegedly) Extremely expensive in some cases. The top suite for its price would leave a lot to be desired if you were to compare it to an equivelant land based 5 star hotel room.

I think in the future some passengers and cruise lines will be driven to be all pre-paid as the benefits seem to outweigh cheap fares with many extras on board to pay for.

Having just done Celebrity and paid for their drinks package and also had $200 credit I was hard pressed to find things to spend the money on and walked off the ship with a $0 balance at the end. All things were pre-paid. It is more expensive up front but in reality I think the price is no different to cheap cruises and spending on board.

Looking at their itineraries I would be extreamly unlikely to try them for regular cruises. The world cruise itineraries they have seem interesting but extremely expensive.

Looking at the program the ship itself does not appear to be any more luxurious than your average Princess, Celebrity and P&O ship. The only luxury might be the fewer passengers, increased ability for personalised service and the all inclusive costs.

The ship is roughly the same size as the Pacific Pearl, give or take 2000t. The Pearl fits easily under the bridge.

However, it only has about 1/3 as many passengers... assuming the numbers quoted on the show were accurate.

The ship is roughly the same size as the Pacific Pearl, give or take 2000t. The Pearl fits easily under the bridge.

However, it only has about 1/3 as many passengers... assuming the numbers quoted on the show were accurate.

No trouble getting under the bridge. Last time they parked her at Glebe Island overnight and when Pacific Jewel sailed , she moved over to Barangaroo.

10crys1_zpsc8733468.jpg

10crys7_zpsdb783c63.jpg

Looking over to White Elephant Bay...

10whitebay_zpsab1394cf.jpg

Archived