Jewel of the Seas Southern cuban cigars

We are going on JOS in May our friend wants us to mail him some cuban cigars i don't know all the rules and sush but he said it ok to mail them from port We are going to San Juan, Puerto Rico.Philipsburg.St Maarten,Basseterre. St Kitts,St John's,Antigua. Castries, St Lucia. and Bridgetown, Barbados of anyone knows anywhere I can get them or tips on what they are please share:confused:

If you are an citizen of the USA, it is illegal for you to buy, sell, or possess cuban goods, whether at home or abroad. You will hear a lot of ballyhoo to the contrary, but that is the truth.

So be aware of the risks. Plenty of package of cuban cigars inbound to the US get seized at the border and the punishment for involved US citizens can include fines and/or jail time. I have friends who have tried and gotten letters from the Office of Foreign Asset Control that put them in difficult situations.

For me it would be not be worth it. In any case, 99% of the "cubans" in the caribbean are fake, and if you are uninitiated you will most likely get taken.

We are going on JOS in May our friend wants us to mail him some cuban cigars i don't know all the rules and sush but he said it ok to mail them from port We are going to San Juan, Puerto Rico.Philipsburg.St Maarten,Basseterre. St Kitts,St John's,Antigua. Castries, St Lucia. and Bridgetown, Barbados of anyone knows anywhere I can get them or tips on what they are please share:confused:

My tip for you is not to do it. Tell him you are sorry but you can't help him out. The obvious reasons have already been stated, but as well, I certainly wouldn't want to spend part of my vacation searching for, buying, and wrapping them, then trying to find a post office and mailing them. You'd have to declare the contents and value anyway - not sure how good of a friend he is but I would never lie for someone or put myself at risk by doing this.

It is illegal to mail them to the US. If they are found they will be confiscated.

If you still want to buy them be careful. The Caribbean is loaded with fake Cuban cigars. Unless you are very good at spotting fakes the only place I would recommend is a La Casa Del Habano. On your itinerary there are stores in Barbados and St. Martin. Just keep in mind there is no such thing as a cheap Cuban cigar. Legitimate Cubans are expensive. IMHO you get more bang for your buck with a quality Dominican or Nicaraguan cigar.

If you want more info there is a good cigar thread on the Carnival board.

Archived