First time cruisers in Cozumel

sundancekid79

Wife and I will be in Cozumel in early May via RC and we're trying to do our homework and figure out what to do, any suggestions?

We hear snorkeling is great there and we'd be down with that...

Ruins make it special because you can't see those everyday...

Not interested in bars and love the idea of escaping the crowds, but not to the point where they name an urban legend after our misadventure...

Wife's a sucker for beautiful secluded beaches, but let's be honest who isn't?

Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated

Que les vayan bien amigos mios!

We had a great time on a snorkel tour with Eagle Ray a couple of years ago; since then we have enjoyed snorkeling from the shore at the Money Bar - great snorkeling (you enter the water via steps) and a sandy area for sunning, but no real beach.

The impressive Mayan ruins are on the mainland - Tulum, Coba and others; from Coz you'd need a ferry and a bus. I would only do this through a ship sponsored tour to ensure that a breakdown did not cause a missed ship. :eek:

Nachi Cocom limits sale to only 100 guest per day -- nice beach, all-inclusive (food & drinks), small pool and hot tub. We love the place for a quiet relaxing day.

Good luck! :)

I've only done a few things in Cozumel

• Nachi Cocom - VERY quiet and relaxing - all inclusive food and drinks with great service. They also offer a snorkeling trip from there
  • Mayan Ruins - I concur with prior poster that if you do this one, ONLY do a ship's excursion. Keep in mind it will be a long, full-day excursion
  • Money Beach Club - we're trying this one for snorkeling this time (April)
  • Chankanaab National Park - haven't tried it yet but it seems to have something for everyone...snorkeling, dolphin encounter, beach, animal preserve

Have fun, whatever you choose!

We love going to Playa Palancar for a relaxing day on the beach with no crowds. The Mayan ruins are NOT impressive on Coz and I wouldn't waste my time and money with them. The east side of the island is awesome-rent a car or hire a driver.

Archived