!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC02091_zps38a8a7a3.jpg

DSC02092_zps35a69eca.jpg

Thats the fresh one, no worries :D

DSC02094_zps35bd28af.jpg

Well that is all I have for now, I decided to do this short set so you all had something to read for today. I have to get ready now and run to work.

Ill see you later :)

Edited by gambee

Thanks Gambee - our dedication to your legion of fans is admirable!!

Jose breakfast treats sure looked tempting...I see they had my favorite almond croissants...don't recall seeing sticky buns at Cafe al Bacio before. Will "need" to try those for sure.

I didn't realize the silhouette didn't have an outside bar on the OV cafe level. I thought that was a new design on the Reflection.....you've taught me something new!!

DSC02065_zps02e3249e.jpg

Then we kept on walking towards the buffet in the aft.

DSC02067_zps9225d930.jpg

Elevator going up.

DSC02071_zpsc8e53cf8.jpg

One of our favorite places. Can't wait for our first AFT cabin =)

DSC02074_zps5809f2c3.jpg

DSC02075_zps061c014d.jpg

DSC02076_zps77dea00d.jpg

You will just LOVE IT when you get it. We had an accessible aft on our cruise last week and OMG was all I could say when we first entered the cabin, followed by OMG OMG OMG when we actually went out on the balcony. Just AMAZING!!!

DH now has asked me, will I ever be satisfied with getting just any other cabin again???

Thanks for taking the time to post some more of your review this morning:) Those early morning sea views (and those pastries) put me in the right mood to start out my day:p I feel so fortunate that I have that to look forward to soon.

yeah and he was pretty hot too!!!! :eek:

I was going to say the same thing! My husband is going to call me a cougar when he reads this post.:D

Great photos of the pastries at the cafe! They made my mouth water!

I don’t think I would like to be so exposed on the aft cabins (just my preference).

Edited by raerom

joining the fan club here, such a fantastic, thorough review of the ship! As you can see, we are on the Allure in June, and your review helped immensely. We had the Silhouette booked for later this year, but had to cancel. And too funny, we are thinking of the Breakaway! Can't wait to see your review on that one!

Thank you so much for your pics of the kids area. After seeing them, I think we will stay with RCCL till my daughter is older (or go on X as a couple w.o. Kids). The area looked really "meh" to me, not inviting at all.

I'm hoping you don't get too ill on Day 2. Let me tell you, if I mixed all those drinks I don't think I'd be able to get out of bed in the morning!

You will just LOVE IT when you get it. We had an accessible aft on our cruise last week and OMG was all I could say when we first entered the cabin, followed by OMG OMG OMG when we actually went out on the balcony. Just AMAZING!!!

DH now has asked me, will I ever be satisfied with getting just any other cabin again???

I was trying to upload a couple of photos for you to see of our balcony and I see that they did not post. Trying again. We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 Adaranda (excuse spelling please) style chairs, a coffee table, and a round table with 4 chairs to sit and enjoy breakfast.

858821128_SAM_0265-comment-1.jpg.2abd1b6f50fabed2c5f759495af60ad1.jpg

SAM_0160.jpg.db33fcb54559e2eeb064b84d19e183df.jpg

SAM_0161.jpg.47ad045f25390a791c787297f78048d2.jpg

Ok my friends it seems like I found a few more minutes and I can do another set.

Then we went to see what they had for breakfast.

DSC02096_zps2b9114e1.jpg

DSC02097_zpsce2f9544.jpg

DSC02098_zpsab03d69c.jpg

DSC02099_zps8b84f8cf.jpg

REmember earlier when I mentioned about only one sweet area, this is it. I am at the end of the line. Notice how the sirups are before the solids.

DSC02100_zpsa31a901d.jpg

DSC02101_zpseb0a5728.jpg

DSC02102_zps42f57340.jpg

I got a basic plate today, I did not take moms plate because she always has fruit and a croissant. Everything was very good, even the eggs were nice and warm. It was a very tasty breakfast, I cleaned the plate :D

DSC02103_zpsdb7771c9.jpg

I made an ice mocha out of my warm mocha, it was starting to warm up and I was getting too hot.

DSC02105_zpseb872310.jpg

Then we decided to go check out the lawn deck, I think this the first time that we been there, right? I don't think we went there on day one. Any way here are the pics.

DSC02106_zpse22da183.jpg

DSC02107_zpscbbaf0d4.jpg

The sunset bar

DSC02111_zps33bb96d5.jpg

DSC02113_zps390073dd.jpg

DSC02115_zps9901fff9.jpg

DSC02116_zps5ca7fd7f.jpg

DSC02117_zpsaf0503aa.jpg

We really did not spend much time on the sunset bar, I think we only went there once or twice. It was a nice bar, but since we were all the way FWD I think that deterred us from visiting this bar often. Plus this was the bar that the bartender used the sarcastic tone on me, so might off put a dent on it. Overall not my favorite bar. I should also note that the port side of that bar is for smokers and it stinks like hell! But if you stick to the starboard side you are all good, no worries :)

Here are the pics of the Lawn deck. what do I think of it? Well I don't really know. It is a very nice space, quiet and relaxing. But I really don't think it has any use for us, it might for others. The grass is nicely kept and it looks really nice. I did see a few people there relaxing or playing games.

The cabanas were used during the last day of our voyage, for some reason they don't bother me as much as they do to others. But that might be because I never really saw the space without them on the first place.

We tried making it to the lawn concerts but some reason we ended up missing all of them, I was curious as what type of music they were playing up there.

DSC02118_zps93360cf1.jpg

I really enjoy how windy it gets up there, my moms hair was everywhere!

DSC02120_zps8a162721.jpg

DSC02121_zpsec41bd11.jpg

DSC02122_zps4a7c194d.jpg

DSC02137_zps94748787.jpg

DSC02139_zps0caecfed.jpg

Make a mental note of this picture, there is a funny story that falls in this location later on in the cruise :D

DSC02140_zps34d60a03.jpg

There are towels everywhere I absolutely love this, no need to worry about turning your towels in or having the towel stolen. Just a very nice touch from X.

DSC02142_zpsef0bc1ab.jpg

DSC02143_zps1022cb14.jpg

DSC02144_zpsac7e8ccf.jpg

I don't think I would ever rent one, but then again never say never, right? However if these cabanas were around a pool or something like that, I would probably consider it.

DSC02147_zpsf651cdfb.jpg

DSC02148_zps8c68607b.jpg

DSC02149_zpsd61f3704.jpg

DSC02150_zps893423e1.jpg

I think my main issue with them is the lack of privacy. By the way they also have a little door in the back for easy access.

These are just lovely, too bad we never got around using them. I think we only used them once to take some pictures.

DSC02172_zps046a49ed.jpg

DSC02177_zpsf94fec44.jpg

We kept on walking and noticed "The Porch". Those who know me know that I am not afraid to pay for specialty restaurants and as a matter of fact I had planned on eating here. But after going through the menu I noticed that nothing really appealed to us, so we decided to pass on it. But overall it looks like a very nice place to relax and have lunch. I am sure that those who love paninis would love it.

DSC02180_zpsd7ed14cb.jpg

DSC02179_zps93962625.jpg

DSC02181_zps44bb988f.jpg

DSC02182_zpsce5226b5.jpg