!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I watched the sail away video, and then looked at your pictures of the Coast Guard. I'm an old Coastie...(was stationed in Puerto Rico, and Miami), and I loved the videos and the pictures! Great camera work!

The video is amazing, every time I watch it I get goosebumps. Glad you like my work. Nice to see you around this area :)

For upcoming cruisers who like karaoke, please note, you can talk with the activities staff and suggest time and location changes. In our case, the karaoke was always scheduled during our late seating dinner assignment (8:30pm). We never miss dinner, as we always have a big group and sometimes that is the only time we are all together. One of our group asked if the staff could schedule the karaoke earlier or later to accomodate us and others who ate during late seating, and on the final night, they did hold it at 7pm, and changed the location to Quasar. It was a ball!

That's great info, had I known this I would of suggested it. That was definitely a blow for us.

Lovin’ this review! I can’t believe I’m post #330 and you have just finished Day 1! Awesome work! Keep it up! By the way....did Mom get the martini stain out of her pants? If so, what did she use?

It did come out, we used some sparkling water really fast. But just wait and see the little number I make later on in the cruise with my brand new white pants! :(

We also did the first week of this cruise the weather was almost perfect. For our last day at sea the Captain made a comment that it was the best weather sea day that he experienced all season... water almost dead calm and hot. Port days were almost perfect what a contrast to what we experienced for the Western half dark, deary, rain or threatening rain all days except for the last sea day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

You know it was not all bad, I guess it has to happen eventually. I wished the weather would of been better, but we still had a blast!

I love your reviews - they are so entertaining! Now even more so because we are going on the Silhouette in Feb. Can't wait (for more of your review and our cruise - lol)

Thanks for joining, I bet you will love the Silhouette! She is one sleek ship!

Hands down, the best review I have ever read. Don't change a thing!

I have never been on a Celebrity cruise, but your review is so fantastic I will have to break away from Princess and try them.

Keep up the good work! We appreciate it.

Thank you for the kind words :). Funny you mention that we are looking into sailing Princess next year, can't wait!

I think Celebrity should put you on the payroll. This review is FANTASTIC. I have been thinking about Celebrity and this review is a great selling tool. Love it love it love it.

Thank you

Funny, I think I can sell anything I write! I wonder if I ever sail a ship that will not satisfy me :D.

Hmmmmmm, I think you're right. I went back and read it. It does seem that the document is geared towards bartenders and managers. I wonder where I got it from, it must be posted in this board somewhere.

Thanks for bringing that up, I will refrain from posting it.

no problem, i thought about sharing as well and then i thought -- why would i do that to my favorite cruise line? so i decided to keep that information to myself.

Gambee - another fantastic review. Your attention to detail is amazing! Pictures and videos are great. Makes you feel that we are walking right along with you and Mom :).

Thank you being a part of this review as well. Can't wait to get the time so I can get started on day 2 :). All the files are set, all I need to do now is start writing.

Great to "see" you again Gambee. Another wonderful review. Say hi to mom.

Mom follows along every word in this thread, you just said hi to her :).

Thank you for following this adventure with us. :)

Gambee (aka Gamble ;)). You really did it this time. All this cruise talk, we had to go and book another cruise. We booked the Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda for May 31st. I knew waiting until November wasn't a good idea. :p Thanks, I appreciate it. Keep up the good work. Lovin those pictures. I hope to cruise Celebrity again someday. Did it once to Quebec for 2 weeks and it was great.

Gwen :)

I am really enjoying another Gambee Classic review! I have only done 1 cruise (Oasis) but would definitely consider Celebrity based on your review. Also I have to say that I loved the Coast Guard pictures. I felt a sense of pride when I watched them in port, (and I'm not even an American...well I am a North American ;)). I just really appreciate the job they do to keep all of us safe on the waters. Thank you for all your work in putting this together.

That is rather rude. Do not read the review if you are not finding the information you desire :(

I definately agree; also, they can go to the port board and find mega amount of info on the ports. I love every word that Gambee puts in his reviews. And awesome photos to boot.

Thanks Gambee,

Shirley

It did come out, we used some sparkling water really fast. But just wait and see the little number I make later on in the cruise with my brand new white pants! :(

Hope you got the stain out :eek:...if not, let me know...I have many tricks. They don't call me the "stainmaster" for nothing...:D

yeah and he was pretty hot too!!!! :eek:

Yes' date=' wasn't he:D[/quote']

My thoughts too ;).

Gambee, I love your photos especially when they include the local scenery.:)

Edited by Tenn4ever