!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

After a quick stop outside from some fresh air, I went to grab some coffee at al Bacio.

DSC01890_zps6a1f0b7b.jpg

DSC01892_zpsb9a311c7.jpg

Please note that once I am done taking pictures of the menus I never post them again, so no worries each menu should only be posted once. The exception was the Sky one which is the same as the theater one.

DSC01901_zpsdeeb2477.jpg

DSC01902_zps87e15bb0.jpg

DSC01903_zps03f54585.jpg

DSC01904_zps31814383.jpg

DSC01905_zpse86fb7a1.jpg

DSC01906_zps6b3930a7.jpg

DSC01907_zps06e797da.jpg

White Cholate Mocca, very very tasty. Oh my... the calories…… :-/

DSC01909_zpsdd0b4130.jpg

And a double expresso. The expresso was to get rid of a migraine that I felt coming my way. BTW, it did work, and yes I drank all 3 coffees (the cappuccino at dinner, the white mocha and the double) that cannot be healthy. Sometime I wonder how my body keeps up with me =/.

DSC01910_zps33c42ca6.jpg

After that mom wanted to go a raffle right across from molecular, so I decided to wait at molecular and get two more drinks. I am sure you are getting the flow of this review, gosh I had so much to drink. And you probably guessed it, Gambee would pay dearly for that the next day, but not way your thinking. (you have to wait and see) lol

DSC01914_zps7083101f.jpg

Edited by gambee

My new toy =), I am thinking I am going to leave it there.

DSC01911_zps2ac1a27e.jpg

Dragon fly left and casarita right. Both good drinks, the casarita was nice and spicy!

DSC01916_zps24159349.jpg

Please note you have to wait until it completely stops smoking, the bartender say that it burns your lips, but in reality it is much worse. A few weeks before our trip I was reading an article on how a girl in the UK lost the her stomach by drinking liquid nitrogen. Here is the article. So just be careful with them.

DSC01919_zpsd99a33fc.jpg

After the raffle was over, of course we did not win anything, we went up to the room to change into our bathing suit. We had asked our room steward to split the beds for us and it all done nicely. Have I spoken about our team yet? I forgot, i don't think I have. I will do it in a later day, possibly in day 3 as there is a particular story that they play a role in (not bad, it was my fault).

DSC01921_zps6922edbf.jpg

I will post plenty of this so you can keep a track of ship speed, location and most importantly WIND SPEED :eek:

DSC01924_zps2da9fd25.jpg

DSC01925_zps1afaee83.jpg

While we were in our room I noticed that there is no light in the balcony, that something that I would miss. I really enjoy having a light in the balcony. Not a deal breaker, but something to note, this is after all a review.

As the storyline goes, we then headed to the jacuzzi for a few minutes before karaoke. These pictures were taken with my underwater camera, I left my other cam in the room. Not bad for a camera with such a small sensor. I would not usually post pics like this, but I am trying to follow the story so here they are.

DSC00556_zps381943d9.jpg

DSC00555_zpsd8486b9b.jpg

DSC00558_zps59469b40.jpg

DSC00557_zpsbfe879da.jpg

Ok so here it goes, we found Karaoke to be quite weak on the Silhouette, anyone who read the Allure review knows that mom and I love karaoke. We never sing, but we are there pumping the crowd and if I am drunk enough I start singing on my seat along with the other singers.

So here is the problem with the Silhouette, it was not a lack of singers. The main issue is that they are hosting this event in the wrong venue. For karaoke you need a compact venue where people can congregate a little closer and that creates a more intense experience. That got me thinking that this would be better on Reflection since they shrank the Sky lounge. But in all honesty I would just host in a smaller place, like Michael's club or quasar, they would make for a much better experience.

In any case, we had fun and I was pretty drunk by then so I was following along and encouraging people.

DSC01933_zpsbf935d84.jpg

I made a short video of a few of the singers that night, You can hear my drunk ass trying to sing along (not a good sight) :D. I really start singing at the end of the video, I was all over the place :D, sooo bad.

WAtching this video you can feel that the energy is trying to come out, but we are spread out too far apart to really get things going.

Then we ordered a pair of roses, VERY GOOD DRINK. Oh by the way bar service was GREAT!! in the sky lounge with plenty of drink servers going around. And of course I always tipped then so I think that gave me a little extra special touch :)

DSC01961_zps87f4c8c9.jpg

Ok please forgive me, but I need to bring another thing up. Do you see my hand over the glass, that is to give you an idea of how small the martini glasses are on the Silhouette. They are just tinny, the smallest I have seen in a ship. The martini bar was the only bar that had decent sized martini glasses. So I suggest if you want the most for your money to go there, but then again their martinis are more expensive… So yeah no biggie, just saying. It was a good thing I was not paying for these drinks.

I don't want to appear overly negative, but a good review has the good and the bad. This post just happened to have two bad things. But by no means deal breakers, we had a great time in the karaoke while enjoying some great drinks!!!

Well that is all I have for now, I am almost done with day one, but not quite yet. Ill try to finish it tonight, but can't promisse it. I am starving, going to make some dinner :).

Hope you all are enjoying, I think I am following a similar format to the Allure one, but not sure.

Any good?

I'm loving your review and photos (we're on Silhouette in three weeks). Went to get a glass of wine to enjoy the sail away video - awesome. Have to disagree about the balcony light. We love sitting out there in the dark plus we don't like to see other balcony lights on from our state room when we're inside - personal preference I guess.:)

DSC01961_zps87f4c8c9.jpg

Ok please forgive me, but I need to bring another thing up. Do you see my hand over the glass, that is to give you an idea of how small the martini glasses are on the Silhouette. They are just tinny, the smallest I have seen in a ship. The martini bar was the only bar that had decent sized martini glasses. So I suggest if you want the most for your money to go there, but then again their martinis are more expensive… So yeah no biggie, just saying. It was a good thing I was not paying for these drinks.

I don't want to appear overly negative, but a good review has the good and the bad. This post just happened to have two bad things. But by no means deal breakers, we had a great time in the karaoke while enjoying some great drinks!!!

This is very helpful info and doesn't come across as negative at all. In fact it is good to know if one is more focused on trying several types of drinks where smaller sizes would be better or just ordering what they know they want and getting the larger size would be better. So far I've only sailed Carnival and had an open bar card each time as part of a large group cruise (before their Cheers beverage program existed). They had a martini bar on one of the ships but also had the tiny glasses which were the only ones allowed on our beverage program. Just as well as we all ordered martinis to look 'cool' but my hubby and friends don't drink martinis normally so didn't finish them. Me, I drink anything where vodka is the main ingredient (gin...no thanks though). Even though I'll have the premium drink package on my upcoming Silhouette cruise that doesn't mean I want to waste drinks!

My parents will be on our cruise with us next time...HUGE adventure for them. My mom and I did a road trip this past fall and had the best time. My mom is super excited, my dad is along for the ride, but they'll have fun with the good food and drink. Caribbean islands are way out of their interest but spending time with family on such a beautiful ship will enough.

If you or anyone here knows the best spot for jazz-type music and the best main theater shows to watch on this ship that would be great info for them (ages 72 and 68)! Even me, at age 41, love the Rat Pack era, 70's decor and musicals.

Just have to say Gambee this review is really fun and so informative! I think it has slightly surpassed my favorite review so far and I have three favorite repeat reviewers I follow. Love this aspect on cruising with mom...could see my mom and I having a similar experience. Enjoy your dinner, rest up and we'll catch you later!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Edited by MyDogRudy

Love your review - I like that it's so balanced and love the way your personality shines through it all.

My first martini on the Eclipse is definitely going to be the Banana Split! I hear you on the Almond Joy - I'd heard it was so good but i didn't really like it much at all when I had one on the Solstice.

Looking forward to more!

Woohoo! Going great, I'm loving the format because I can sit here on my couch in NY (we are having awful weather in the 30's with snow on and off all day) and pretend I'm on a caribbean cruise!

BTW, I saw the Mac Air in one of your pictures! HUGE Apple fan so I really liked the pictures with the iPhone 5 and Mac in them! :D

P.S. You should look into the Freedom Class on Royal, I have a feeling you would love those ships!

Edited by swim13

All these drink pictures are making me thirsty. May have to go have a drink. LOL That is why I love the Premium package, it allows you the freedom to try it all.

I was so pumped by your sail away vid, it was one of the best I have ever seen.

Thank you for taking the time to be so generous with your time and sharing all of these wonderful memories.

Bill

I'm loving your review and photos (we're on Silhouette in three weeks). Went to get a glass of wine to enjoy the sail away video - awesome. Have to disagree about the balcony light. We love sitting out there in the dark plus we don't like to see other balcony lights on from our state room when we're inside - personal preference I guess.:)

Different folks different strokes, I usually need the light to work on my pics. Hope you have a great cruise.

This is very helpful info and doesn't come across as negative at all. In fact it is good to know if one is more focused on trying several types of drinks where smaller sizes would be better or just ordering what they know they want and getting the larger size would be better. So far I've only sailed Carnival and had an open bar card each time as part of a large group cruise (before their Cheers beverage program existed). They had a martini bar on one of the ships but also had the tiny glasses which were the only ones allowed on our beverage program. Just as well as we all ordered martinis to look 'cool' but my hubby and friends don't drink martinis normally so didn't finish them. Me, I drink anything where vodka is the main ingredient (gin...no thanks though). Even though I'll have the premium drink package on my upcoming Silhouette cruise that doesn't mean I want to waste drinks!

My parents will be on our cruise with us next time...HUGE adventure for them. My mom and I did a road trip this past fall and had the best time. My mom is super excited, my dad is along for the ride, but they'll have fun with the good food and drink. Caribbean islands are way out of their interest but spending time with family on such a beautiful ship will enough.

If you or anyone here knows the best spot for jazz-type music and the best main theater shows to watch on this ship that would be great info for them (ages 72 and 68)! Even me, at age 41, love the Rat Pack era, 70's decor and musicals.

Just have to say Gambee this review is really fun and so informative! I think it has slightly surpassed my favorite review so far and I have three favorite repeat reviewers I follow. Love this aspect on cruising with mom...could see my mom and I having a similar experience. Enjoy your dinner, rest up and we'll catch you later!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much for thoughtful post. I am also a vodka kind of gin, no gin here either.

For jazz, my thought is the essemble lounge, I could be wrong here, but that seems like the perfect place for it.

Dinner was yummy :)

Excellent review!! Thank you so much. Keep it coming...can't wait to read more.

Thanks for following :)

Love your review - I like that it's so balanced and love the way your personality shines through it all.

My first martini on the Eclipse is definitely going to be the Banana Split! I hear you on the Almond Joy - I'd heard it was so good but i didn't really like it much at all when I had one on the Solstice.

Looking forward to more!

Banana split all the way, it is such a great drink!

Thank you for your input, at least I know I am on track with another good review.

Gambee, I agree on the karaoke. On Millennium last year it was in Cosmos. It was too large of a venue for the number of people participating.

Right, they could have such a great karaoke if the venue was smaller.

Thank you so much for thoughtful post. I am also a vodka kind of gin, no gin here either.

For jazz, my thought is the essemble lounge, I could be wrong here, but that seems like the perfect place for it.

Dinner was yummy :)

I was going to suggest The Ensemble too......;)