!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I just went through 16 of this thread to read about the ports. Still no info on the ports. Great review, but a bit much without covering the ports.

There's always gotta be one in every crowd. He will get to the ports soon enough

I appreciate an extensive review so why not be patient or do like librarylady suggested and not follow it you think it's "a bit much?"

So here is the problem with the Silhouette, it was not a lack of singers. The main issue is that they are hosting this event in the wrong venue. For karaoke you need a compact venue where people can congregate a little closer and that creates a more intense experience. That got me thinking that this would be better on Reflection since they shrank the Sky lounge. But in all honesty I would just host in a smaller place, like Michael's club or quasar, they would make for a much better experience.

For upcoming cruisers who like karaoke, please note, you can talk with the activities staff and suggest time and location changes. In our case, the karaoke was always scheduled during our late seating dinner assignment (8:30pm). We never miss dinner, as we always have a big group and sometimes that is the only time we are all together. One of our group asked if the staff could schedule the karaoke earlier or later to accomodate us and others who ate during late seating, and on the final night, they did hold it at 7pm, and changed the location to Quasar. It was a ball!

Lovin’ this review! I can’t believe I’m post #330 and you have just finished Day 1! Awesome work! Keep it up! By the way....did Mom get the martini stain out of her pants? If so, what did she use?

I hope you had better weather on the first week of the cruise. Thank you for posting, I appreciate it.

I will see you around.

We also did the first week of this cruise the weather was almost perfect. For our last day at sea the Captain made a comment that it was the best weather sea day that he experienced all season... water almost dead calm and hot. Port days were almost perfect what a contrast to what we experienced for the Western half dark, deary, rain or threatening rain all days except for the last sea day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I just went through 16 of this thread to read about the ports. Still no info on the ports. Great review, but a bit much without covering the ports.

Hands down, the best review I have ever read. Don't change a thing!

I have never been on a Celebrity cruise, but your review is so fantastic I will have to break away from Princess and try them.

Keep up the good work! We appreciate it.

Well, he is doing his review day by day...1st day there are no ports:eek:

A bit much? I think not. He is giving his review of day 1.

Um, did you really read the posts? He's still on day 1. No ports yet. If you're looking for information on specific ports, perhaps you would be better served by going to the ports of call boards.

I have this same material as well, but I am not sure how to share the dpf format, maybe through google docs. I will try it out. Thanks for reminding me about that.

If you google "celebrity pair of roses recipe" you will find a document with all the drink recipes (except martini bar and molecular).

That is rather rude. Do not read the review if you are not finding the information you desire :(

Hi

I just want to thank you for compiling the S cabin spreadsheet. We looked up our room(9292) for our upcoming cruise.

Tom:):)

please folks let's not start an argument, I took no offense at papa's comment, all is good.

Lets just leave it at that :)

By the way the pics for day 2 are already selected all that needs to be done is the editing and I will work on that soon.

I will also be responding to all comments later on today.

By the way of for some reason I missed your comment, please post it again as I most likely missed it. It is hard keeping track of all of them, I try my best not to miss any of them.

Once again thank for following :)

Gambee

The good thing is I only have one more review that is detailed, so no need on spending decades maybe one year only :D

Oh my.............. That is precisely the only drink menu that I don't have, I am sorry. I do however have some pictures and you might recognize some bottles. I am sorry, also on the first pages I put a link with the MDR drink menu. That might help you a little.

Once I finish this trip with you, I'll start In on the Allure :D

WHAT!!!!!!!! You missed finding the Mast Grill AND you failed to photograph the Cellar Masters wine list?! You are banned from my world forever .... LOL :p

Thanks again for all you are doing with this review. Your positive spirit, enthusiasm and attention to detail are something we can all aspire to emulate!

Once I finish this trip with you, I'll start In on the Allure :D

WHAT!!!!!!!! You missed finding the Mast Grill AND you failed to photograph the Cellar Masters wine list?! You are banned from my world forever .... LOL :p

Thanks again for all you are doing with this review. Your positive spirit, enthusiasm and attention to detail are something we can all aspire to emulate!

We will be doing a "modified" back to back next Jan. first week on the Silhouette and second on the Allure. Could you please advise me how to find the cabin postings? Somebody mentioned it on this thread and I want to find out how my CC class Silhouette Cabin 1146 rates.

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi

I just want to thank you for compiling the S cabin spreadsheet. We looked up our room(9292) for our upcoming cruise.

Tom:):)

Tom,

IMO, you will truly enjoy 9292. I sailed in this cabin, but on the Equinox. Pretty much the cabins (not suites) are all the same (size, equipment, etc.) and differ only in layout (bed near closet vs near veranda). What makes 9292 so enjoyable is the size of the veranda.

Edited by DocJohnB

GAMBEE!!!!!! Your pictures and review are simply AMAZING!!!! Love your sense of humor and great attitude - I would sail with you and your mom anytime!!!!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!

Barb

You're very welcome, glad you like the format that I am following. I had to ask my mom about the sense of humor. I was wondering what you folks were referring to.

Great review. Amazing pictures.

Thanks for sharing, including all the pictures of the kids' areas.

My family will be sailing on this very ship this November. It will be our first time on Celebrity.

Keep up the great work!!

There we go, I knew they would helpful to someone :). You're very welcome.

[Gambee,

What a great review! It is quite addictive. I am glad there are times that you have to deal with your other life and cannot post . . . it gives me time to rest up for the next reading. :p :p

Your detail is almost obsessive (and I mean that in a positive way). I just finished up my 5th S class cruise in February . . . . and am discovering things through your review that I overlooked or missed. Now I will have to probably book another just to see what you are talking about.