!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I love your review and photos. Can't wait to see the rest. Other than the "Hot" Coast Guard, I really love the shot you took of Cellar Master's wall. Just awesome! I also agree with you of the sunset pic through the window. Great capture.

Have a wonderful evening!

DSC01998_zps0a914d79.jpg

If I recall correctly, I thought I remember you saying there wasn't a balcony light and you missed it but it looks like maybe there was one after all? Just wondering! Beautiful machine btw! ;) ~Apple fan!

We will be doing a "modified" back to back next Jan. first week on the Silhouette and second on the Allure. Could you please advise me how to find the cabin postings? Somebody mentioned it on this thread and I want to find out how my CC class Silhouette Cabin 1146 rates.

Thanks

Hi, the cabin listings are posted on the sticky "S class cabins" at the top of the Celebrity board. I compile them in a spreadsheet that is updated regularly. Bookmark this link for future reference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

I can't really tell you how good it was because those who know me know that I am not one for shows. That said it was not enough to keep me in there for more than a few minutes, the place was pretty packed, so I am assuming that it was good. The reason I actually left was because the band stopped playing and the a cappella group started singing and that was my cue to leave. I have only had another experience with an a cappella group and the one on the Silhouette had nothing on them, by that I mean they were pretty average and by that I mean not good at all. The bad part was that they were singing everywhere in the ship during the week, I found myself running away from them several times, it was actually very funny :D

Those comments cracked me up! Glad I'm not the only one who runs away from the a cappella groups:)

Edited by librarylady19

Gambee did not miss you! I spotted you in his video!! :D Great Job!!! :)

I did spot me in the middle of video, but totally missed Gambee for the entire cruise, and I kept looking for him too. My video was not working the entire cruise, so I have no idea if I sounded good or like I too many champagnes at the sail away. :D:eek::D

We will be doing a "modified" back to back next Jan. first week on the Silhouette and second on the Allure. Could you please advise me how to find the cabin postings? Somebody mentioned it on this thread and I want to find out how my CC class Silhouette Cabin 1146 rates.

Thanks

How funny is that, you have both of my reviews to work with :), I was just thinking about you.

[Gambee,

What a great review! It is quite addictive. I am glad there are times that you have to deal with your other life and cannot post . . . it gives me time to rest up for the next reading. :p :p

Your detail is almost obsessive (and I mean that in a positive way). I just finished up my 5th S class cruise in February . . . . and am discovering things through your review that I overlooked or missed. Now I will have to probably book another just to see what you are talking about.

I know how that feels, I am now figureing out that I missed a few things and it is actually upseting me. I guess it is a good reason to go and cruise some more :D

Gamble,

Your review is very helpful as we prepare for our first x cruise.

Thanks!!!

Gamble:confused: :D

Glad I can be of help :)

no problem, i thought about sharing as well and then i thought -- why would i do that to my favorite cruise line? so i decided to keep that information to myself.

Yeah, I am really glad that you mentioned it. :)

I love the Coast Guard boat/machine gun show. We've seen it three times now and it never gets old. You got some great shots!

That never gets old, I thought I would, but it just never does. So much energy!

You make shopping fun!! Loved the pictures.

lol, I don't know about that....

Gambee (aka Gamble ;)). You really did it this time. All this cruise talk, we had to go and book another cruise. We booked the Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda for May 31st. I knew waiting until November wasn't a good idea. :p Thanks, I appreciate it. Keep up the good work. Lovin those pictures. I hope to cruise Celebrity again someday. Did it once to Quebec for 2 weeks and it was great.

Gwen :)

Oh no, I did it again. It seems like I have a way of draining everyone bank accounts, but it is all good as most of you will make memories to last a life time :)

I am really enjoying another Gambee Classic review! I have only done 1 cruise (Oasis) but would definitely consider Celebrity based on your review. Also I have to say that I loved the Coast Guard pictures. I felt a sense of pride when I watched them in port, (and I'm not even an American...well I am a North American ;)). I just really appreciate the job they do to keep all of us safe on the waters. Thank you for all your work in putting this together.

Those pictures are just stunning, I can't even believe how great they came out. Funny that you mention that you felt pride, I am from South America and I felt the same way! Thank you for following along, glad to have you here.

Dang. After reading this, I'm gonna have to step up my game with the next review. :D

:D

Really good stuff. Can't wait for day 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for being here, I can't wait to write day 2.

We booked the Royal for this October! She looks amazing!!!

Joanne

That is exactly what we have in mind, but for spring break. We will see, only time will tell.

I still have around 3 months till my cruise, following the recent flurry of excellent trip reports helps keep me from going stir crazy waiting.

Sorry Gambee for hijacking your wonderful thread, but I just had to say hello to Wednesday:)

Wednesday, I can only imagine, reading these trip reports daily is like my second job;)

yeah and he was pretty hot too!!!! :eek:

Yes' date=' wasn't he:D[/quote']

You know I was refraining from saying that, but I even told my bf about it. He said that since he can't see his eyes he can't tell. Oh trust me, I can tell :D

I definately agree; also, they can go to the port board and find mega amount of info on the ports. I love every word that Gambee puts in his reviews. And awesome photos to boot.

Thanks Gambee,

Shirley

Thank you Shirley :)

Hope you got the stain out :eek:...if not, let me know...I have many tricks. They don't call me the "stainmaster" for nothing...:D

We got most of it out, I am still going to wear them, they are my favorite. But I will gladly accept advice...

Huuurrrrryyyyy Gambeeeeeeeee, I need my fix! :D

I know, I am sorry. Unfortunately Gambee works 13 hr days on wed and thurs, so that makes things a little hard. I want to deliver quality and for that I need to be rested. Good news is that all the pic/vid job is done, all I need to do is to write.

My thoughts too ;).

Gambee, I love your photos especially when they include the local scenery.:)

Local scenery always helps. Thanks for following me =)

I love your review and photos. Can't wait to see the rest. Other than the "Hot" Coast Guard, I really love the shot you took of Cellar Master's wall. Just awesome! I also agree with you of the sunset pic through the window. Great capture.

Have a wonderful evening!

That sunset is one of my favorite ones, glad you noticed it and commented on it. I was quite proud of it. :)

I was wondering how long it would take!

It was my eye candy for the day :)

um, I think I am lost. Are we talking about the coast guard?

If I recall correctly, I thought I remember you saying there wasn't a balcony light and you missed it but it looks like maybe there was one after all? Just wondering! Beautiful machine btw! ;) ~Apple fan!

Aha!, good catch. That my friend is my flash, I was bouncing it from the ceiling of the room so you get the Idea that there is a light. But trust me it was only for a millisecond, lol.

The computer, I love him too, but unfortunately it is too slow for. I might need to upgrade soon, he is the older model.

Those comments cracked me up! Glad I'm not the only one who runs away from the a cappella groups:)

Yeah, they are horrible, I much rather the drummer, he was pretty cool :)

I did spot me in the middle of video, but totally missed Gambee for the entire cruise, and I kept looking for him too. My video was not working the entire cruise, so I have no idea if I sounded good or like I too many champagnes at the sail away. :D:eek::D

Trust me you sounded great, I actually have your video of New York New York. Would you like it? I can upload it to youtube or figure something out. Thank you so much for singing that night for us.

I still have around 3 months till my cruise, following the recent flurry of excellent trip reports helps keep me from going stir crazy waiting.

Glad I can aid you from going crazy ;)

I'm glad I found your new review, I really enjoyed the one on the Allure! Thanks for posting all the information on your cameras at the beginning.

I am glad you found me :).

Yeah that was a topic that kept coming up on the Allure thread, I figured if I posted it first it would help a lot of people.

Ok folks, all the Video and picture work is done. Unfortunately I am drained, it has been a long day for Gambee. Tomorrow does not look that promising either as I work longer hours.

But I promise that once friday hits I will be on full force with day 2!

Thanks for being patient, I usually like going faster, but this is out of my hands.

Sweet dreams everyone, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Gambee

Edited by gambee

Sorry Gambee for hijacking your wonderful thread, but I just had to say hello to Wednesday:)

Wednesday, I can only imagine, reading these trip reports daily is like my second job;)

Yep, I know the feeling and I can easily kill an hour or two if the thread is particularly good.

Glad I can aid you from going crazy

It is much appreciated:D