!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Back in the room,

Mom did this to prevent us from catching something, but as you can imagine that did not last long. I took the remote out of the bag by night fall. She had the right idea, it was just slightly annoying =)

DSC01538_zps043df460.jpg

My mother and I went away and she did the same thing. Wonder if they watched the same show.

Amazing review

Thanks Gambee for another great review. Loving the photos and all the details and comments you put in about your cruise. Wish you and your Mother were sailing with us on the Allure in May. :)

Edited by evoni

Tom,

IMO, you will truly enjoy 9292. I sailed in this cabin, but on the Equinox. Pretty much the cabins (not suites) are all the same (size, equipment, etc.) and differ only in layout (bed near closet vs near veranda). What makes 9292 so enjoyable is the size of the veranda.

Thanks for the info John

Tom:)

What SUPER photos, Mate!

Love the detailed pics from all over the boat.

Brings back very nice memories from last year's Med cruise.

Very interesting images from the gift shop. :)

Some things are just toooo FUGLY!

And the booze in the Duty Free shop....

I asked the guy why they sell it to me and then take it away. Why can't I drink it on the ship? Classic comeback from the guy: "well, they do sell condoms at K-Mart. You don't use them there, do you?!"

:D

Originally Posted by Xcitdcruiser viewpost.gif

I was wondering how long it would take!

It was my eye candy for the day :)

um, I think I am lost. Are we talking about the coast guard?

Sorry, i misquoted - it was def about the coast guard!

gambee....the stain...I have to completely remove a stain or I willl not wear a piece of clothing. This has worked great for old, washed and dried in stains and it will not harm the color of your fabric.

Buy some oxy clean powder....make a paste with water and use a soft brush and scrub lightly. Then, soak the garment in very warm water...and I make a new paste on the clothing and rub that in first...I've already soaked things 2-3 days...my dil used to send some of my granddaughters clothing along for me to get rid of the stain. :eek: They live in very sandy soil and she never pre-treated anything...some of the clothes were a mess with a capital M! :rolleyes:

Once our son had a pair of shorts that he spilled a whole glass of wine on...I followed this...absolutely no stain left and they were khaki colored...no color fading. You want to mail them to me...I'll get rid of that stain :D :p....lmao.

Well you know Beth that is a business, I am sure few people buy cameras on board. I know the only reason I would buy one would be if mine broke, they have to make profit on them. Although I did not know it was so much, I not a believer of the story that items are cheaper on board. Maybe some are, but everything I have shopped for is not.

Exactly..... & that's what happened. On my Oceania cruise, I got salt water splashed on my camera in St. Lucia;:eek: it died in St. Barts,:( & as soon as I could on the Allure I bought the Canon $279 one. And the 'throw away" camera I bought to tie me over, well we wouldn't discuss that. LOL

I was unable to make the meet and greet, the timing was just horrible. I think X is trying to make people not want to go to them. I was also told that the bar was not even open? How bad is that.

I agree - none of them open the bar, NCL, RCCL etc - they should as they would sell drinks

loving the review so far, never seen one so detailed before

roll on the next few days of the review - I will be back to read on

Edited by Tiggertastic

My mother and I went away and she did the same thing. Wonder if they watched the same show.

Amazing review

I am not really who she got it from, but I think it was a board in here, possibly the NCL board. But yeah that did not last that long, it was annoying as hell!

Thanks Gambee for another great review. Loving the photos and all the details and comments you put in about your cruise. Wish you and your Mother were sailing with us on the Allure in May. :)

Thanks for following this review as well :)

Mom and I will on Breakaway in May :), yayyyyyyyyy!

What SUPER photos, Mate!

Love the detailed pics from all over the boat.

Brings back very nice memories from last year's Med cruise.

Very interesting images from the gift shop.

Some things are just toooo FUGLY!

And the booze in the Duty Free shop....

I asked the guy why they sell it to me and then take it away. Why can't I drink it on the ship? Classic comeback from the guy: "well, they do sell condoms at K-Mart. You don't use them there, do you?!"

:D

OMG, what a great answer! I can't believe he came with that!

Thanks for the comment and following me, it is appreciated :)

gambee....the stain...I have to completely remove a stain or I willl not wear a piece of clothing. This has worked great for old, washed and dried in stains and it will not harm the color of your fabric.

Buy some oxy clean powder....make a paste with water and use a soft brush and scrub lightly. Then, soak the garment in very warm water...and I make a new paste on the clothing and rub that in first...I've already soaked things 2-3 days...my dil used to send some of my granddaughters clothing along for me to get rid of the stain. :eek: They live in very sandy soil and she never pre-treated anything...some of the clothes were a mess with a capital M! :rolleyes:

Once our son had a pair of shorts that he spilled a whole glass of wine on...I followed this...absolutely no stain left and they were khaki colored...no color fading. You want to mail them to me...I'll get rid of that stain :D ....lmao.

Well mom, there you go.

Thank you so much, I am sure she will go get the product once she gets out work. Thank you for the detailed explanation :), I hope this works for those pants. I really love them.

Exactly..... & that's what happened. On my Oceania cruise, I got salt water splashed on my camera in St. Lucia;:eek: it died in St. Barts,:( & as soon as I could on the Allure I bought the Canon $279 one. And the 'throw away" camera I bought to tie me over, well we wouldn't discuss that. LOL

You know sometimes it happens, but now that I am traveling with two cameras and one of them an all weather one, I hope I never have to buy one on board (knock on wood).

I agree - none of them open the bar, NCL, RCCL etc - they should as they would sell drinks

loving the review so far, never seen one so detailed before

roll on the next few days of the review - I will be back to read on

Thanks for tagging along :)

I am really enjoying the pictures and gambee's notes. It would be WONDERFUL if the moderator could isolate his pictures and run two threads -- one of our comments and appreciation and another of just the pictures and related notes and videos.

This could become an easy to follow stand alone reference for the ship.

I am really enjoying the pictures and gambee's notes. It would be WONDERFUL if the moderator could isolate his pictures and run two threads -- one of our comments and appreciation and another of just the pictures and related notes and videos.

This could become an easy to follow stand alone reference for the ship.

I am not sure of most would like that. Pictures need the aid of words to tell a good story, I believe that is why my reviews get such great feedback.

But in any case I do have the picture folders if you are interested?

Thank you for following along.

Ok lets see, first off I want to warn you, this was not Gambee's favorite day. The main reason for that was due to my very own stupidity I ended up getting sick. Now mind you, it was not sea sickness, it something entirely different. I will elaborate more on it as I go.

We woke up at around 7am, we also had to roll back the clock one hour (This would become an issue for Gambee, as he is a mess with time changes :D), immediately I turned on the TV and went to the room service section to order breakfast. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was not possible to order breakfast for that same day, it had to be done one day ahead of time. I was somewhat bummed about this, this was not an issue in our previous cruise. But in any case I made mental note of it and decided that later on that day I would breakfast for the next day, no biggie.

I was also pleasantly surprised that I was not hungover, with all the mixing I had done the day before it was somewhat of a miracle. There was nothing zit, this was just how I wanted my cruise to go. Although I did however notice that I had back pain, it must of been the effect of a hard bed on my bad. So anyway as it is common for us we send pictures in the morning to our family. I think this is a good time to talk about the internet on the Silhouette.

Well let me start by saying that it was a very frustrating situation. I am not sure if it was because the weather was bad during our voyage or what… But the connection on this X ship was horrible, issues started from getting a connection, to horrible unstable connection, to very very very slow connection and eventually to internet at all. The funniest thing of it all was that the last day was the only day with clear skies on our voyage and that day the internet was dead for about 8 hours (most of the day) and when it came back online it was possibly the worst speed from the entire cruise.

So as you can imagine we went from sending 20-25 pictures a day to hoping that the 1 picture we were trying to send would make it (I am very good at compressing pics to a tiny size sling the lines of 50kb per pic, with decent quality). For some reason the server in tapatalk was actually very fast and I managed to post a few pics on the forum from the ship.

For our next cruise we have decided to to use one central person and send her the pictures and then she will forward them to everyone in our list. That way we reduce the among of time that we need to be logged in, I will tell how this works out on my next review. You learn something new every day, this was moms idea, way to go mom!

So yeah, internet on the Silhouette thumbs down. Bugsy is starting a LIVE review today I think for this coming weeks voyage. I really hope he has better internet than we did, because his LIVE reviews are so much fun, I really want to encourage everyone to follow him :).

Another thing I want to note is that X uses the same system as RCCL and if the connections are good you can actually send files with zero cost. Let me explain how. The way you do it is that you pre-write the email and have it ready to send, you will need an email client like outlook or something like that. You will have to connect and once you're connected send the file really fast, as long as you log off before 29 seconds you will not be charged for that minute. They do charges every 30 second mark, it is a good system considering how awfully slow internet is on ships and I thank them for at least doing this for us. Anyway this action was impossible in this voyage, it only worked one time if I recall correctly.

I also took screen shots of the process that you have to do connect and disconnect, here it is.

Screenshot2013-03-29at84513AM_zps49ae4b84.png

Screenshot2013-03-29at84516AM_zps77d8bddf.png

Click ok

Screenshot2013-03-29at84520AM1_zps58a39d7f.png

Wait

Screenshot2013-03-29at84520AM_zps98bde7d6.png

Click ok again

Screenshot2013-03-29at84523AM_zpsd161b266.png

Screenshot2013-03-29at84528AM_zps38850819.png

Screenshot2013-03-29at84532AM_zps68d2ada5.png

Screenshot2013-03-29at84538AM_zps75a9b619.png

And here is a quick video of that same process.

Anyway that is about it for the internet, I think I mentioned before but I will mention again we had the $100 package. But unfortunately we did not do anywhere near what we usually do with a package from that size.

Gambee, I meant just YOUR pictures and YOUR notes -- excluding those comments of us following with interest. I agree that your pictures and notes support each other to tell the full story.

Oh ok, I get it :). Yeah true that, someone else mentioned that before.

Sorry it is early in the morning, still waking up.

So yeah back to the story, we sat there trying to send a few email, during that time I also took some pictures of what the weather looked like.

DSC02004_zpsde0758f8.jpg

DSC02005_zpsfc77e9a3.jpg

Those where actually the left overs of the mocha from the day before. Like I said, there were a lot of stupid mistakes made that day. Keep count, because I will probably forget. So yeah that is mistake #1. Gambee you should not drink old coffee with dairy in it, which probably went bad over night…

DSC02006_zps131b9624.jpg

DSC02008_zpsb88cf836.jpg

DSC02017_zpsa4c162ee.jpg

DSC02038_zps1f7754c2.jpg

DSC02033_zpsd008b146.jpg

Overall the weather was looking good and we thought it would stay like that for some time. Granted it was not as warm as we would had liked it to be, but it was nice and clear (please remember we are used to Florida weather). Anyway we sat there and chatted for a little while and eventually successfully send a few pics, yayyyyyy :D!

After sometime we were starting to get hungry and our neighbors had woken up and were causing a racket (is that how it is spelled? not sure), so we decided to go to the buffet and get some breakfast.

Here are few pictures I took on the way there. They had some very nice art around the ship.

DSC02043_zps754584c7.jpg

DSC02044_zpsdb3d875b.jpg

DSC02045_zpscf523ca4.jpg