!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

LOL!! I am loving your review...especially the pics of the drinks. :D :cool:

I have many many many more pics of drinks and some really cool ones as well.

For your mom to drink your drink or eat you food after telling you she doesn't want any :D. Keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time to do this!

Mom is always taking my stuff, but in her defense I almost always drink her drinks lol. No problem, thanks for tagging along.

Woohoo! Going great, I'm loving the format because I can sit here on my couch in NY (we are having awful weather in the 30's with snow on and off all day) and pretend I'm on a caribbean cruise!

BTW, I saw the Mac Air in one of your pictures! HUGE Apple fan so I really liked the pictures with the iPhone 5 and Mac in them! :D

P.S. You should look into the Freedom Class on Royal, I have a feeling you would love those ships!

thanks for the input, I actually have them in my to do list. But I just have a few other cruises that I want to do before that one. Glad I can take you on a short vacation while you're at home.

All these drink pictures are making me thirsty. May have to go have a drink. LOL That is why I love the Premium package, it allows you the freedom to try it all.

I was so pumped by your sail away vid, it was one of the best I have ever seen.

Thank you for taking the time to be so generous with your time and sharing all of these wonderful memories.

Bill

You're very welcome, I had completely forgot how much time these reviews take. But I just love sharing our adventure. I can only hope to have similar sail aways in the future. That was just fantastic, but remember, it is all about location. If I had met with our roll call, I would have missed this great sail away. I do lots of research before I settle down on a location for sail away.

DSC01888_zpsafba3fc6.jpg

Wow... I had been debating to pick up a new point & shoot camera on board my next cruise for the tax free etc and glad I didn't wait... I got the middle Canon in this picture @ Costco for $149 :). The newer model of this line isn't even $279 in stores right now!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Edited by Beth C

After the tub (which by the way was just for us :)), we went back to the room to get changed and headed to the Sky Lounge for Karaoke.

DSC01930_zps4b2da62f.jpg

There is the smoke and ginger! You did get a pic - so you are right - the quasar menu is the same as regular bar menu! Great pictures and review! Looking forward to the rest! :D

just a note about the size of the martini glasses...each time one was served to me in this smaller glass, the mini shaker was always left with it. so in honesty i really got 1.5-2 standard sized drinks out of it once it was all completely poured and consumed :) 1 mini shaker filled the little glass about 3 times total.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

Whew....day one...you must be exhausted. I really appreciated your comment about tipping a buck or two with drinks. I do the same thing as I also feel these guys are not exactly rolling in money. I start saving clean $1 bills before the cruise so I have a big envelope full. Last cruise we went through over $100 so I guess we had a few drinks:)

Looking forward to seeing more drink photos...

(Off topic somewhat but I also tip at Starbucks as those folks - at least at the one my son works at - barely make over minimum wage and rely on those tips.)

There is the smoke and ginger! You did get a pic - so you are right - the quasar menu is the same as regular bar menu! Great pictures and review! Looking forward to the rest! :D

It's the same menu at Ensemble too...was DHs favorite drink on Eclipse. Unfortunately, the bartenders on Reflection couldn't make a decent one (tried to out in ginger ale instead of ginger beer). .

After the tub (which by the way was just for us :)), we went back to the room to get changed and headed to the Sky Lounge for Karaoke.

DSC01928_zps62c2dd90.jpg

DSC01929_zps23ca3319.jpg

DSC01930_zps4b2da62f.jpg

this looks quite familiar...i am lucky enough to have a marketing material that was distributed to crew before they were rolled out on the ships ... all recipes included :D

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

Ok so here it goes, we found Karaoke to be quite weak on the Silhouette, anyone who read the Allure review knows that mom and I love karaoke. We never sing, but we are there pumping the crowd and if I am drunk enough I start singing on my seat along with the other singers.

So here is the problem with the Silhouette, it was not a lack of singers. The main issue is that they are hosting this event in the wrong venue. For karaoke you need a compact venue where people can congregate a little closer and that creates a more intense experience. That got me thinking that this would be better on Reflection since they shrank the Sky lounge. But in all honesty I would just host in a smaller place, like Michael's club or quasar, they would make for a much better experience.

In any case, we had fun and I was pretty drunk by then so I was following along and encouraging people.

I made a short video of a few of the singers that night, You can hear my drunk ass trying to sing along (not a good sight) :D. I really start singing at the end of the video, I was all over the place :D, sooo bad.

WAtching this video you can feel that the energy is trying to come out, but we are spread out too far apart to really get things going.

Then we ordered a pair of roses, VERY GOOD DRINK. Oh by the way bar service was GREAT!! in the sky lounge with plenty of drink servers going around. And of course I always tipped then so I think that gave me a little extra special touch :)

How did I miss you? I don't think we met up the entire cruise. I sang something that night I think, lots of champagne at the Sail-A-Way!

Love the review, need to go back on the ship to see the things I missed.

After reading your full review, I am sure the sales for the Silhouette will go up.

Master Grill has the best burger on the S ships. ( beef and turkey )

At the Persian Garden you can purchase a day pass $20.00 ( 24 hr pass ). They do not like to advertise it. They would like you to buy the week pass instead.

Can't wait to read more!

Joanne

Edited by Mapleleaf5

Wow... I had been debating to pick up a new point & shoot camera on board my next cruise for the tax free etc and glad I didn't wait... I got the middle Canon in this picture @ Costco for $149 :). The newer model of this line isn't even $279 in stores right now!

Well you know Beth that is a business, I am sure few people buy cameras on board. I know the only reason I would buy one would be if mine broke, they have to make profit on them. Although I did not know it was so much, I not a believer of the story that items are cheaper on board. Maybe some are, but everything I have shopped for is not.

Cool, I thought I missed another menu. Actually now that I think about it, the only bars with different menus are the martini, molecular and lawn club (sunset). But I could be wrong.

just a note about the size of the martini glasses...each time one was served to me in this smaller glass, the mini shaker was always left with it. so in honesty i really got 1.5-2 standard sized drinks out of it once it was all completely poured and consumed :) 1 mini shaker filled the little glass about 3 times total.

You know they never gave me the shaker and I am mainly a martini drinker, hummmm interesting.

Whew....day one...you must be exhausted. I really appreciated your comment about tipping a buck or two with drinks. I do the same thing as I also feel these guys are not exactly rolling in money. I start saving clean $1 bills before the cruise so I have a big envelope full. Last cruise we went through over $100 so I guess we had a few drinks:)

Looking forward to seeing more drink photos...

(Off topic somewhat but I also tip at Starbucks as those folks - at least at the one my son works at - barely make over minimum wage and rely on those tips.)

Yeah tipping is a huge factor for us, I will not let good service go unappreciated. I will go more into that as the review goes by. And yes it has been a long day and I am not even finished with day one :eek:

It's the same menu at Ensemble too...was DHs favorite drink on Eclipse. Unfortunately, the bartenders on Reflection couldn't make a decent one (tried to out in ginger ale instead of ginger beer). .

I thought it was different, but just now I went back and noticed that it just looks different, but all the drinks are the same.

this looks quite familiar...i am lucky enough to have a marketing material that was distributed to crew before they were rolled out on the ships ... all recipes included :D

I have this same material as well, but I am not sure how to share the dpf format, maybe through google docs. I will try it out. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Thanks gamble. I'm on summitt but your review is helpful . What time did hot tubs close? An evening dip would be fabu

On our sailing at 11, but I remember reading a Celebrity today of the Reflection and they closed at 10. I think they vary from ship to ship.

How did I miss you? I don't think we met up the entire cruise. I sang something that night I think, lots of champagne at the Sail-A-Way!

My God, I knew I saw you before, you sang several songs. You were the life the party that night, thank you so much! actually you're on the video I made :o. I was dead on in front of you, young man with his mom, being loud as hell. lol.

You sang wonderfully, we really enjoyed it. I was hoping to see you later on other nights, but you were not there.

Love the review, need to go back on the ship to see the things I missed.

After reading your full review, I am sure the sales for the Silhouette will go up.

Master Grill has the best burger on the S ships. ( beef and turkey )

At the Persian Garden you can purchase a day pass ( 24 hr pass ). They do not like to advertise it. They would like you to buy the week pass instead.

Can't wait to read more!

Joanne

Hello Joanne, I remember reading about the daily pass and had they had a hydrotherapy pool I would of been all over it. Given that is the main selling point for us, I appreciate you bringing that information into the review.

Thank you :)

Hi Gambee. Sorry, I know you asked earlier when I was starting my live review and it's been a loooong day as I am just now finally getting a chance to relax. I will probably be starting it Thursday evening(fly down on Friday morning). I know some improvements that I learned since my live from Oasis review to apply to this one and I can also say this, I hope it's half as good as the ones Radio(he inspired me to do my first LIVE) does and 2. it's half as good as yours.

Thanks Gambee for this fabulous review and pictures we are really enjoying it. We were on the Equinox 4 years ago and we did not enjoy it but after reading just day one we are considering giving it another shot on either the Silhoutte, Reflection or eclipse. Thanks again!!!

Hello Joanne, I remember reading about the daily pass and had they had a hydrotherapy pool I would of been all over it. Given that is the main selling point for us, I appreciate you bringing that information into the review.

Thank you :)

You will find them on M ships, but you lose the great view!

Well you know Beth that is a business, I am sure few people buy cameras on board. I know the only reason I would buy one would be if mine broke, they have to make profit on them. Although I did not know it was so much, I not a believer of the story that items are cheaper on board. Maybe some are, but everything I have shopped for is not.

Captive audience = captive pricing! Surprised its so much higher and such old stock. Even if it was the same price as on land I would buy on board... we pay 15% tax on everything here so tax free is a biggie!

I forgot my watch last time to FL - picked one up @ the Fossil outlet in Sawgrass for about $40... Same one was $150 on board... Have yet to find cheaper on board prices either - or maybe we're just not looking at the right things lol

Hi Gambee. Sorry, I know you asked earlier when I was starting my live review and it's been a loooong day as I am just now finally getting a chance to relax. I will probably be starting it Thursday evening(fly down on Friday morning). I know some improvements that I learned since my live from Oasis review to apply to this one and I can also say this, I hope it's half as good as the ones Radio(he inspired me to do my first LIVE) does and 2. it's half as good as yours.

Live reviews are an entire different animal, I said it in the past. I really admire those who do them, I tried a tinny version of one and I really can't do everything at the same time. My hat goes out to you!

I hope you have a great cruise :) with great weather!