Do you find cruising addictive?

arkansasboy

I am "patiently" waiting for June so we can go on our first cruise aboard the elation. Some friends of ours sailed on their first cruise last year, aboard the same ship and they enjoyed it.

My wife and I are already talking to them about going on a 7 day next year with CCL to roatan and Belize. I havent even made the final payment on this cruise yet and I am thinking of booking another for next year so I can make payments on it as time goes by. That is much easier for us than making a lump sum payment.

I wish I had done this a long time ago! If I book for a cruise next year how long do I have to pay it off?

Yes, my dh and I are both addicted. Me more so that my husband because I do all the planning.

I always have a couple of cruises in mind just in case he wants to book another. I am pitiful. I like to book another cruise as soon as we pay off one so I have one to look forward to.

Enjoy your cruise in June!!!

Yes. I wasn't so fond of cruises when I was a teen, but in 2007 I took my first cruise (without the parents) as an adult and became hooked. Ever since, I have taken a cruise every year.

I travel frequently and love to be constantly stimulated, but I enjoy my yearly cruise as a respite from studies, work, and even traveling. It's nice visit multiple places and only having to unpack once.. walking a matter of steps to eat or drink without having to walk blocks, hail a cab, or take public transit.

I'm looking forward to my next cruise in two weeks from tomorrow!

No, I don't find them addicting at all. As much as I love the ocean I would much rather have my feet on solid ground and be at an AI. I find that they're much cheaper than cruising and not so restrictive. The only reason I'm cruising again is because it was a promised trip to two of my grandkids since I took their two siblings last year. I'm not knocking cruises to those that love them and to each his own. I'm sure people have bad opinions of AI's too.

Yes! We've taken a yearly cruise since our first cruise. I'm constantly planning our next cruise. :)

We're the same way. We booked next year's B2B while on our January 2013 B2B in order to get the $100 OBC on each cruise. I would have booked them shortly after we got home if we still had FCC to use. Since those are no longer available, we may as well book onboard with OBC.

We went prepared with all the info we needed as to what cruises we wanted to book next.

I am "patiently" waiting for June so we can go on our first cruise aboard the elation. Some friends of ours sailed on their first cruise last year, aboard the same ship and they enjoyed it.

My wife and I are already talking to them about going on a 7 day next year with CCL to roatan and Belize. I havent even made the final payment on this cruise yet and I am thinking of booking another for next year so I can make payments on it as time goes by. That is much easier for us than making a lump sum payment.

I wish I had done this a long time ago! If I book for a cruise next year how long do I have to pay it off?

I believe the final payment is due 90 days before departure.

Do I find cruising addictive? YES!

No' date=' I don't find them addicting at all. As much as I love the ocean I would much rather have my feet on solid ground and be at an AI. I find that they're much cheaper than cruising and not so restrictive. The only reason I'm cruising again is because it was a promised trip to two of my grandkids since I took their two siblings last year. I'm not knocking cruises to those that love them and to each his own. I'm sure people have bad opinions of AI's too.

Whether an AI is cheaper than a cruise depends on which resort and which cruise you're comparing. Cruising isn't for everyone. I know there are hundreds of people that love snow skiing, but I have absolutely no desire to do it. I love the ocean, and would take a cruise over vacationing at an AI any time. To answer the OP's opening question, yes, I think cruising is very addictive. For those of us that are addicted, there is no known cure.:)

I dont find cruising addictive. We are doing it because of the budget price. The added bonus for me is that we don't have to fly anywhere, rent a car, rent a villa, buy groceries, clean up, etc. I'll be doing that in November.

Whether an AI is cheaper than a cruise depends on which resort and which cruise you're comparing. Cruising isn't for everyone. I know there are hundreds of people that love snow skiing, but I have absolutely no desire to do it. I love the ocean, and would take a cruise over vacationing at an AI any time. To answer the OP's opening question, yes, I think cruising is very addictive. For those of us that are addicted, there is no known cure.:)

I've been on 2 cruises as an adult. We live on a pretty tight budget and we can't afford to do a family vacation like a cruise often. BUT our family of 5 went on the Elation in an inside cabin and I found it to be an excellent value, especially since we drove to the port. Truthfully, the Elation cruise made me wish I could afford to spend a week in Mexico on a land vacation but airfare for 5 of us would cost too much- a cruise is the cheapest way for our family to see any islands or mexico. I appreciate that cruises are available for a variety of budgets. I also loved how we were able to go on a family vacation and spend a lot of time together but also had access to a great kids program and my husband and I had a couple hours free each day just the two of us while our 3 children played in Camp Carnival.

The cruise we went on before the Elation is one that I won on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. That cruise had we not won it would have cost a LOT more than the Elation cruise. I do think it was a much nicer cruise although I'm not sure it was twice the price nice. I think I'd rather go on 2 Carnival Cruises than one RCCL Cruise.

A suggestion...if you enjoy your first cruise...before you book your second one...if you have a passion or a hobby, chances are, there is a theme cruise that will match your passion/interest...on this board there are several threads that might assist you in this effort...to be able to cruise with folks that share common interest just enhances your cruising experience by leaps and bounds and you will become even more addicted

Yes, they are addictive. We have one planned and paid for during the last week of May. I am already looking for something for summer of 2014 :)

I almost can not wait for my kids to get out of the house so we can afford to go more often.

Yes, my dh and I are both addicted. Me more so that my husband because I do all the planning.

I always have a couple of cruises in mind just in case he wants to book another. I am pitiful. I like to book another cruise as soon as we pay off one so I have one to look forward to.

Enjoy your cruise in June!!!

I'm so Happy I'm not alone!!!! I got my DF hooked. We even decided on a cruise wedding after months of planning a DisneyWorld wedding.

Incredibly so! Within a day or 2 after coming back from my first cruise all I could think about was when I was going again. This past year when I changed jobs and didn't have vacation time all I could think about was how many more days it was until I was eligible for vacation time so I could go on another one.

Archived