Hotel Maya - Long Beach

Hi Debbie, did you find out about the additional nights for a 15 day cruise, and do you know if the cruisers using the Carnival corporate code called or reserved the 15 day parking special online? I read somewhere there was a hotel package that only charged $5 daily for additional day's parking. Thanks.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I last spoke with someone at the front desk, who then transferred me to reservations?. They advised that the Carnival code only provided 7 day parking, we would have to pay the additional parking. Someone else will post what happened when they get back in Nov from their end of Oct cruise.

Hi Dan,

I last spoke with someone at the front desk, who then transferred me to reservations?. They advised that the Carnival code only provided 7 day parking, we would have to pay the additional parking. Someone else will post what happened when they get back in Nov from their end of Oct cruise.

Just booked this hotel with 7 free days of parking using Carnival corporate code 0560018220. I needed 8 more days for our 15 day Hawaii cruise in December on Miracle, and it is $19.00 for each additional day. With the steep discount of the Carnival discount, and $19.00 a day for 8 more days, came out to the same price, as if we drove and parked in the port parking structure and paid for 15 days on the day of embarkation. (About $250.00) Very nice hotel, Hilton/Doubletree - next to the Queen Mary and Carnival port dome. They provide a shuttle to/from the short hop to the ship. Thanks for your input, Debbie.

Edited by TravelDan99

Just booked this hotel with 7 free days of parking using Carnival corporate code 0560018220. I needed 8 more days for our 15 day Hawaii cruise in December on Miracle, and it is $19.00 for each additional day. With the steep discount of the Carnival discount, and $19.00 a day for 8 more days, came out to the same price, as if we drove and parked in the port parking structure and paid for 15 days on the day of embarkation. (About $250.00) Very nice hotel, Hilton/Doubletree - next to the Queen Mary and Carnival port dome. They provide a shuttle to/from the short hop to the ship. Thanks for your input, Debbie.

Dan, we also booked the hotel, wanted to stay in close proximity to the water.

I used to live in Long Beach. There is a FREE bus shuttle that runs several times an hour that picks up right at the Maya over to Shoreline Village that has lots of restaurants, (Stefano's Pizza and an Irish pub (Shenanigan's) are a couple of ones) about a 10 minute hop, and returns with the same regularity. The restaurant at the hotel has $20 appetizers and $40 dollar entrees, otherwise. After driving from Arizona, I will be ready to park the car and not deal with Friday rush hour traffic in Long Beach. It does exist!

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx is the bus web site

http://stefanoslongbeach.com/ is good pizza.

http://www.shorelinevillage.com/ Shoreline Village website

Tequila Jack's - Mexican, and a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (You can take this aboard!) but, there's plenty free chocolate, also!!

Edited by TravelDan99

Thanks for your info. I would assume that one needs to register for the shuttle to the port upon hotel check in. Do you remember how early the shuttle was or how many of them there were? Is there any special location at the hotel that is better for someone with limited walking to have their room.

Many thanks

Chris

The shuttle is actually a big red modern bus, that runs every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. to and from the Maya to Shoreline Village among others. It is a ten minute ride, there is no charge, and you don't have to have a reservation. Since the bus comes right up to the outside of the hotel, There are several different buildings that are in clusters with the hotel rooms. I would just ask at time of check-in or call them directly, requesting a room in the building that is nearest to the bus pick-up. Here is an excellent contact info from a most helpful reservations co-ordinator. Bus website : http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

Liz Brower | Reservations Coordinator

Hotel Maya a Doubletree by Hilton | 700 Queensway Drive

Email: liz.brower@hilton.com | Phone: (562) 481-3904

Edited by TravelDan99

• 2 weeks later...
I will try to remember to come back on here when we get back in Nov from our Oct cruise to let you know if the 15 day free worked for those that were planning on it. If not I venture to guess we will have some upset people. The people posted they had spoken with the manager.

So what happened with the Hotel Maya?? Just curious!!

We are staying at the Hotel Current for our cruise to Hawaii on December 7th with Carnival. The cost is $149.00 plus tax and we get free parking for 15 days, shuttle to and from the port and breakfast.

Where is that hotel, and is this for the Long Beach port?

Where is that hotel, and is this for the Long Beach port?

Here is there address: 5325 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach. http://www.hotelcurrent.com/

They have a Snooze & Cruise package for both Long Beach and San Pedro.

Snooze & Cruise Long Beach (or San Pedro) $149

Includes:

Courtesy shuttle to & from Long Beach Port (Carnival Cruise Line) OR San Pedro Port (Los Angeles World Port)

Complimentary Continental Breakfast

Complimentary Extended Parking during Cruise Dates

I will try to remember to come back on here when we get back in Nov from our Oct cruise to let you know if the 15 day free worked for those that were planning on it. If not I venture to guess we will have some upset people. The people posted they had spoken with the manager.

Any updates? How was Hotel Maya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...