Upgrading/changing free bev package

UniPac

You've got me soooo mixed up now! We took the beverage package in the 123Go promo going on right now... but I am not sure I understand how it works-up from there!:confused:

This page describes the difference unlimited beverage packages. There is a link in the first sentence of each package description that links to examples of what is included.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

The beverage package included in the 123 Go options is the Classic Beverage Package - Alcoholic. You can upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic Package for $10/day plus a 15% gratuity service charge (total of $11.50) per person.

This is myfirst cruise on Celebrity (April 20th). I booked a verandah cabin about two weeks ago with an on-line agency.

In this thread it seems as if everyone is getting some kind of perk...on board credit ( well I did get that, but not much), something called 1-2-3, a free classic drinks package, etc.

How does this happen? I would really like to know the tricks. Of course I deduce that some of this comes from a " frequent cruiser" situation, but what else helps?

Do the best perks come from booking directly with Celebrity? Is that true of a 1-2-3 promotion?

Has anyone figured whether the total paid including the value of perks is relatively the same in the long run?

For example if you paid $1099 for your verandah with $200. OBC per cabin and I paid $899 with $100 OBC...well, you get my drift.

In 1963 I took the Queen Mary to Europe, and of course there were three classes and we never laid eyes on each other. The dreaded class system.

But this rewards stuff smells faintly similar..the Concierge folks, those in Blu, Aqua Class.

I know on my transatlantic I will have a fantastic time, be pampered by an amazingly hard working staff, eat delightful meals and be entertained as much as I can take... Knowing that there are all these "special" people at a Captain's drinks party or a private tour winking behind their figurative monocles.

How did they get there (advice to newbies, please).

@MaisonRose: talk to your TA about this.

The classic bev package is free for bookings from mid march to mid april and for sails starting until end of march 2014, depending on the ship.

Here is also the link to the 123go promotion:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

@all others: can i get londrinks such as gin tonic or vodka lemon with the classic package?

Do you think it is possible that one guest chooses the classic package and the other free graduities?

And thanks for clearing things up concerning the bottled water (nonsparkling, yes!).

Strange, I thought too.

Hopefully they offer good mineral water with the classic, my Beck's is covered.

I saw on the Celebrity website that the Classic water is Aqualina and the Premium package includes Evian, San Pellegrino, Perrier and Vitamin Water.

@MaisonRose: talk to your TA about this.

The classic bev package is free for bookings from mid march to mid april and for sails starting until end of march 2014, depending on the ship.

Here is also the link to the 123go promotion:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

@all others: can i get londrinks such as gin tonic or vodka lemon with the classic package? Yes Beefeaters or Tangueray with tonic as well as Absolute, Stoli or 3 Olives Vodka are all included in the Classic package. It's all alcoholic drinks up to an 8.00 value. Your basic one liquor and mixer is included. The more complicated and thus more expensive drinks are not included and you have to pay full price for any drink over 8.00, unless you upgrade to the Premium package and then the included threshold is 12.00 and if your drink happens to be over that you only pay the difference.

Do you think it is possible that one guest chooses the classic package and the other free graduities? Under the 123 go promo, all occupants of the cabin must choose the same free option or options if they are traveling to Europe and they're entitled to 2 free options.

And thanks for clearing things up concerning the bottled water (nonsparkling, yes!).

Read bold

This page describes the difference unlimited beverage packages. There is a link in the first sentence of each package description that links to examples of what is included.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

The beverage package included in the 123 Go options is the Classic Beverage Package - Alcoholic. You can upgrade to the Premium Alcoholic Package for $10/day plus a 15% gratuity service charge (total of $11.50) per person.

Thanks for posting this link. We are new to Celebrity and have never had the option of a drink package on any previous cruise, so we are definitely still trying to figure out how all of this works.

I'm assuming once you have the package, your drinks are completely unlimited for the entire cruise (including alcohol) as long as you stay within the brands/price limits set by the package you have? In the fine print on the page you linked, it says this:

A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

Is that a 15% tip for every drink you purchase?

We chose the classic bev pkg from the 123 promo for our 1/31/14 Equinox 10 night cruise. I called TA yesterday and she said she would handle our request to upgrade to premium. By that evening the upgrade was already reflected on our reservation on Celebrity's website.

...I'm assuming once you have the package, your drinks are completely unlimited for the entire cruise (including alcohol) as long as you stay within the brands/price limits set by the package you have? In the fine print on the page you linked, it says this:

A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

The 15% is added to the entire cost of the package at the time you purchase it so you won't have any related charges afterwards unless you feel the desire to give an extra gratuity if you find someone providing service that deserves it. If you get the beverage package "free" as part of the promotion then the related 15% gratuity is "free" as well. If you upgrade it for $10/day/pp then they'll add the 15% when you pay for the upgrade so the total cost will be $11.50 rather than $10.

Yes the beverages included in the package will be unlimited, but keep in mind that:

• Room service is not included

• There is no sharing allowed as only the package holder is entitled to drinks under the package. If you'd like to buy a drink for another you can charge it to your on board account.

• With the exception of the large bottles of water included in your plan, most beverage purchases which are for a serving that lends itself to more than one person are not included such as buckets of beer and bottles of wine (although the packages now also provide for a discount on bottles of wine).

• You can only get one drink at a time per package holder. There are limited exceptions that are often made such as getting extra cost juice with the premium coffee or water along with an alcoholic beverage - but these depend on the circumstances and the server.

Thanks for posting this link. We are new to Celebrity and have never had the option of a drink package on any previous cruise, so we are definitely still trying to figure out how all of this works.

I'm assuming once you have the package, your drinks are completely unlimited for the entire cruise (including alcohol) as long as you stay within the brands/price limits set by the package you have? In the fine print on the page you linked, it says this:

What that is telling you is that when you purchase a drink package there will be 15% added to the total, when you buy the package, not when you get each individual drink. This takes care of the tips for the drinks you get with the package. There will be no further tips added when you get a drink. As always people are free to tip additional if they care to, but there is none required or expected.

The 15% is added to the entire cost of the package at the time you purchase it so you won't have any related charges afterwards unless you feel the desire to give an extra gratuity if you find someone providing service that deserves it. If you get the beverage package "free" as part of the promotion then the related 15% gratuity is "free" as well. If you upgrade it for $10/day/pp then they'll add the 15% when you pay for the upgrade so the total cost will be $11.50 rather than $10.

Yes the beverages included in the package will be unlimited, but keep in mind that:

• Room service is not included

• There is no sharing allowed as only the package holder is entitled to drinks under the package. If you'd like to buy a drink for another you can charge it to your on board account.

• With the exception of the large bottles of water included in your plan, most beverage purchases which are for a serving that lends itself to more than one person are not included such as buckets of beer and bottles of wine (although the packages now also provide for a discount on bottles of wine).

• You can only get one drink at a time per package holder. There are limited exceptions that are often made such as getting extra cost juice with the premium coffee or water along with an alcoholic beverage - but these depend on the circumstances and the server.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. You explained it perfectly--I appreciate it!

What that is telling you is that when you purchase a drink package there will be 15% added to the total, when you buy the package, not when you get each individual drink. This takes care of the tips for the drinks you get with the package. There will be no further tips added when you get a drink. As always people are free to tip additional if they care to, but there is none required or expected.

Thank you too!

Wow i never thought this thread would get so much attention. Looks like a comprehensive bev package topic now: about three dozens replies and more than 1600 views - wow!

More than i expected, thanks alot!

Wow i never thought this thread would get so much attention. Looks like a comprehensive bev package topic now: about three dozens replies and more than 1600 views - wow!

More than i expected, thanks alot!

Maybe for many of us, the drinks package is something so new, we are not really sure how it works. Like so many of you, I have had the Classic Drinks Package added to my booking as a free option, it wasn't something I would normally even consider purchasing. As a minimal drinker, I didn't think I would gain any financial benefit.

But I do enjoy the odd glass of red wine or a gin and tonic, so for all of you who have spent time answering the queries, a big THANK YOU. I won't feel quite so much like a fish out of water now as I have got a much better idea how the package works.

And the bonus is the package works for still water, expresso coffee and Earl Grey tea. :):)

Thanks so much! it does explain everything!!!

Does anyone know the current price of Jack Daniels and coke? This is the husbands drink of choice so want to make sure it's covered by the Classic package or if I need to upgrade to the premium.

Does anyone know the current price of Jack Daniels and coke? This is the husbands drink of choice so want to make sure it's covered by the Classic package or if I need to upgrade to the premium.

Jack & Coke definitely covered by classic--go to Celebrity--already booked--beverage pakages--premium and classic--open up--picture of everything on it.

This is myfirst cruise on Celebrity (April 20th). I booked a verandah cabin about two weeks ago with an on-line agency.

In this thread it seems as if everyone is getting some kind of perk...on board credit ( well I did get that, but not much), something called 1-2-3, a free classic drinks package, etc.

How does this happen? I would really like to know the tricks. Of course I deduce that some of this comes from a " frequent cruiser" situation, but what else helps?

Do the best perks come from booking directly with Celebrity? Is that true of a 1-2-3 promotion?

Has anyone figured whether the total paid including the value of perks is relatively the same in the long run?

For example if you paid $1099 for your verandah with $200. OBC per cabin and I paid $899 with $100 OBC...well, you get my drift.

In 1963 I took the Queen Mary to Europe, and of course there were three classes and we never laid eyes on each other. The dreaded class system.

But this rewards stuff smells faintly similar..the Concierge folks, those in Blu, Aqua Class.

I know on my transatlantic I will have a fantastic time, be pampered by an amazingly hard working staff, eat delightful meals and be entertained as much as I can take... Knowing that there are all these "special" people at a Captain's drinks party or a private tour winking behind their figurative monocles.

I would suggest you go back to your TA and tell them that you want the 1,2,3 Go promotion. It is given by Celebrity not the TA so there is no reason you should not get it.

Does anyone know how long it takes to post the package onto your account - I sent an email about 2 weeks ago telling them my choice (I booked online direct).

Don't want to contact them if we are talking a few weeks but by the same token don't want to miss out if I was meant to do something else.

Does anyone know how long it takes to post the package onto your account - I sent an email about 2 weeks ago telling them my choice (I booked online direct).

Don't want to contact them if we are talking a few weeks but by the same token don't want to miss out if I was meant to do something else.

I'd call them. We booked through a TA without the 123-Go, then it came back, I called the TA, and 123 was added immediately. I saw it on my account the next day. Shouldn't take weeks.

Some more in-depth questions concerning the classic package:

Wine per glass up to $8 - so what if i want to drink a $10 glass - can i pay the $2 (maybe plus tip) or won't that be possible?

Maybe there is only one red and one white wine below $8 and all others will be $8,10 orso ;)

Some more in-depth questions concerning the classic package:

Wine per glass up to $8 - so what if i want to drink a $10 glass - can i pay the $2 (maybe plus tip) or won't that be possible?

Maybe there is only one red and one white wine below $8 and all others will be $8,10 orso ;)

That's the one major problem with the classic package. If there is a drink that you want that is 8.50 and up, you will be charged the entire amount. But, if you have the Premium package that has a 12.00 ceiling and there is a 15.00 glass of wine you want, you'll be charged the 3.00 difference, plus 0.45 gratuity. In general, it's worth the extra 11.50 per day to upgrade to the Premium package if you like fancier wines, fancier drinks, craft beers or higher end alcohol. And you also get Evian or San Pellegrino water, Red Bull and fancier coffees and teas.

Ah I see. Well, that's not nice :-)

As long as there are some $8 wines, i will be fine. I won't be drinking too often so the $11,50 x 14 won't be useful for me. But good to know that i will be charged the full price when i buy one above the limit.

But the $8 limit is without service charge/gratuity, right? Or will i have to look out for $6,90 glasses because of the additional 15%?

Hi

Booked our first cruise through a TA on March 3, the 123 promotion started on 15 March so we missed out. I did get the TA to query but Celebrity said no.

Hopefully we might get something else offered before our final payment.

Enjoy your first cruise, l know we will.

Marie

Archived