Hung Up!!!

msstarr22

Tried to call Carnival for a reduction in price as we all look for and guess what they told me sorry but they will email me about the reduction in price and hung up! Well they don't know who to email so how will they know! Has this happened to anyone else?:eek:

I'm glad you are seeing aprice redduction. I checked our booking at 55+, past guest and early saver and its the same fare if you book without 55+ early saver and past guest. Tried to call yesterday to find out what the deal is on this and was on hold for 15 minutes. Finally I sent an email asking why no difference in fare. I'd like to know why I'm not getting a discount.

Is there a reduction in price for your cruise? Are you booked Early Saver? If not, are you final payment date? You have given no specifics. There is no way to answer your question.

Yes there is a price reduction for my cruise, yes I did book Early saver and Final payment isn't until August! I was just shocked I have been on hold before for long periods of time but this was a slam bam thank you mam!

Yes there is a price reduction for my cruise, yes I did book Early saver and Final payment isn't until August! I was just shocked I have been on hold before for long periods of time but this was a slam bam thank you mam!

Since you booked ES, you will need to fill out the ES form in order to get your price drop.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

Tried to call Carnival for a reduction in price as we all look for and guess what they told me sorry but they will email me about the reduction in price and hung up! Well they don't know who to email so how will they know! Has this happened to anyone else?:eek:

To answer your question, no this has never happened to me. I have always been able to talk to a person for as long as I needed.

Try calling back to see if someone else can help you.

I just booked our June cruise today and had to pay in full. I asked the PVP if the price does drop is there anything that could be done.

He said I could get a room upgrade? I have a balcony cabin and an interior cabin across the hall. How could they upgrade me and is this true?

Would they do OBC? thanks

I have had a Carnival agent tell me that he couldn't do what we were trying to do, and that they'd have to email me instead of me calling back during peak calling hours. They did verify all the information associated with the booking, which is who was sailing, what our email address was, etc. He said to give him about 60 minutes to get it all done. It was actually closer to 90 minutes, but I did get the confirmation that showed everything was taken care of. As long as you gave them you're booking number, they know who you are.

With all the problems they have been having, I would submit the form online. I did, but ended up calling my PVP because I had not gotten the reduction or OBC. He ended up having to put me thru to a supervisor who took care of everything.

Submit the form and give them a few days. If you haven't heard from them, call.

Don't forget to take a screen shot!

I was just on hold for an hour and 13 minutes and they hung up on me.

My husband said that she had put me on hold to get me to hang up long before I was mysteriously disconnected.

She said that she could not get anyone to answer to get my change approved and maybe I could call back tomorrow.

Bunch of bull poop.

My pvp is out of town and the person she has taking her calls is "gone for the day".

I called Carnival today because there was a price drop for one of my cabins, and we did not yet do final payment. I was on hold for a very long time after taking to someone there, then the phone disconnected. I was boiling mad! But after about 5 minutes, she called me back and apologized! She said she has been on hold herself with the person who can make the change (she wasn't able to do it herself), and got cut off from that call as well. She told me that she was going to try again, but this time, she told me to hang up and she would call me back when it was done. Sure enough, 90 minutes later she called me back and the change was made! (It took her all that time to get it done...she said it's "crazy" busy there now).

I called Carnival today because there was a price drop for one of my cabins, and we did not yet do final payment. I was on hold for a very long time after taking to someone there, then the phone disconnected. I was boiling mad! But after about 5 minutes, she called me back and apologized! She said she has been on hold herself with the person who can make the change (she wasn't able to do it herself), and got cut off from that call as well. She told me that she was going to try again, but this time, she told me to hang up and she would call me back when it was done. Sure enough, 90 minutes later she called me back and the change was made! (It took her all that time to get it done...she said it's "crazy" busy there now).

This is kind of what happened to me except that she did not call back.

She kept giving me excuses and putting me on hold to check with someone she needed to approve the change who she said would not answer.

She asked me if I still wanted to hold once about half and hour in.

Then she said why did I not call back tomorrow.

I was on the phone with the woman for an hour and then I was disconnected.:(

I just booked our June cruise today and had to pay in full. I asked the PVP if the price does drop is there anything that could be done.

He said I could get a room upgrade? I have a balcony cabin and an interior cabin across the hall. How could they upgrade me and is this true?

Would they do OBC? thanks

If the price of a cabin (or, in your case cabins) in a higher category drops down to what you paid or below, you could be upgraded to the higher category. No, they would not give you OBC. Only Early Saver bookings are eligible for OBC.

I also called about a price drop. After being being on hold for 20 minutes the customer service agent said I was not eligible for the price because I am on a balcony on the Empress deck (7th deck) and the price was for deck 1... This is my first time on a cruise but are there balconies on deck 1????

I also called about a price drop. After being being on hold for 20 minutes the customer service agent said I was not eligible for the price because I am on a balcony on the Empress deck (7th deck) and the price was for deck 1... This is my first time on a cruise but are there balconies on deck 1????

What rate are you booked under?

Bill

Weird on phone tonight for me too. Called with question about ES price drop. Hit button for early saver question. Received curt recorded message to submit it online and was hung up on. Called back since I had a question and I already know how to submit a price drop. Person I spoke with said they are doing price drops on the phone now, and don't submit it online. Huh? Why did you all just tell me to submit it online and hang up on me.

It sounds like they are very busy, but you would think management would realize that call volume would be up. Considering all of the qualified unemployed people out there, why not hire more for the call centers. How long can training take: a couple of weeks?

You have to match your category exactly. Check th Carnival Deck plans to,find your exact category then use Carnival Fareviewer (google it).

Just fill out and submit the early saver form (link in post #5). If you qualify, same category price drop, they will respond by e-mail. I've done this twice in the last month and it worked like a charm!

Archived