Worried about Final Payment

Hi

I booked a JR Suite of my Oasis Cruise Dec 2014, Im ready to make final payment now so I don't have to worry about it later, but Im concerned that later there may be a price dropped, what are the chances the the price of a Jr suite go down later on?

Thanks

Hi

I booked a JR Suite of my Oasis Cruise Dec 2014, Im ready to make final payment now so I don't have to worry about it later, but Im concerned that later there may be a price dropped, what are the chances the the price of a Jr suite go down later on?

Thanks

If there are any price drops up to the day the final payment is scheduled, you can still get them. It is not based on when you pay.

It doesn't really matter when you make the final payment, you can cancel and rebook until the "final payment" date. But you might as well put the money in a bank account and earn interest on it. Either way don't worry, RCCL will honor any price drops up to the final payment date regardless. Don't know about your TA if you used one. May want to check with them.

Your cruise is 20 months away and you want to make final payment now. Thats crazy. A JS on the Oasis is I'm sure a nice chunk of change. I agree with the previous poster, keep it in the tucked away in the bank. Normally I would say there are always price drops on Oasis, however, it you booked this far ahead, then maybe there won't be. I think if you track it you may smile as it goes sup and you know you booked so far in advance. December is also extremely busy with holiday cruises and Diamonds in December. If it were Dec 2013 I'd say okay maybe pay it if you want, but certainly not December 2014.

I would never pay early - "life happens" - and it's easier on the mind to wait for a downpayment refund than a refund of a huge chunk of money. If you want the money set aside, put it in a "vacation account" and leave it sit until final payment is due.

Ive got a feeling this is going to turn into a HUGE debate about whether or not to pay early and thats not what the OP is asking at all :rolleyes:

Some of us like to pay our cruises off early. The mere pennies you would earn in a savings account (or even a CD) is NOT worth as much as knowing you have your cruise paid in full to some of us. In the dire emergency that you have to cancel the cruise, a refund is taking just a couple days is what Ive always read.

OP, You are still entitled to ANY price drops up until the actual final payment date. Its YOUR money and you do whatever you feel best.

Archived