OK cabin category???

Our friends have booked an "OK" category on the Dawn for our kids--- all in their 20's. What does this category exactly mean? I am a little confused looking at the website.

Thanks for your help:)

From NCL's website, "These Oceanview Staterooms that have a porthole with an obstructed view, can accommodate up to four guests. Includes two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. And of course you'll have access to room service and tons of other great amenities on board." -- the porthole window will be blocked to some extent by the lifeboats hanging outside the window. Sunlight will sneak in the porthole, but they may not have a direct view of anything exciting.

These are actually almost all picture window oceanviews, not portholes.

They will have anywhere from 30-90% obstructed view from the lifeboats.

If you do searching for their room number you might be able to find someone who has been in that room and find out how obstructed it is.

The obstruction is caused by the lifeboats and the machinery to launch them. There is also a work area out there, so its a good idea to close the shades at night!

Did they pick a specific cabin or it a guarantee (where cruise line picks the cabin)?

I have stayed in OK's. I would stay in one again for the right price. I like them better than cabins on lowest deck with small portholes. I think mor light comes in the obstructed window than the smallest portholes. The location on deck eight is convenient. The degree of obstruction varies a bit, so I'd prefer to personally pick my cabin if possible.

We were just on the Star in December with the OK category. Yes, it was a picture window and we were really surprised and loved it. We also got lucky because our window happen to be between 2 of the life boats, so our view wasn't so "obstructed" after all. :D

we are in a OK this weekend!! will let you know how it works out!! we have had other obstructed ones before and liked them, but this one is a sideways cabin....

Marsha

We are on in one June, please let us know what they are like as read not a lot of storage ??

Archived