Wharf Project (DockYard)remains on track for the arrival of the Breakaway

FIRELT5

We drove out to the Dockyard today and here is the photo I took of the new dock pilings at Heritage Wharf:

8630047444_d80dec126e_b.jpg

other photos:

8628940719_c6e40dc45e_b.jpg

8630047312_72f9fa5fa5_b.jpg

8628940225_0627a02b63_b.jpg

8630047124_e83bf14514_b.jpg

8630046988_bf4e1fa100_b.jpg

So that's how it looks without cruise ships ???? Lol

Thank you BlueSea777 for those pictures! What are some of the must do's in Bermuda if you don't mind me asking... ;):p

Thank you for your cup-half-full ironic humor (I think ?)

I hope the politics in Bermuda doesn't make this paridise another Hati.

*The expression is a term for self-destructive actions, motivated purely by anger or desire for revenge.

When you you think NCL would announce a change in itinerary? I wonder if it would even be before the 1st sailing on 5/12??

If the wharf isn't finished in time for the Breakaway, in the same manner as the Dawn from Boston, NCL will tender at Bermuda instead. There won't be any itinerary changes to go elsewhere. The repair work is expected to be finished, but like anywhere else, bad weather can delay construction or repairs.

As for politics, every country's politics is unique, but overall local politics is the same every where else as well. Politicians are more interested in scoring brownie points with their political dogma than they are in actually accomplishing anything.

What bothers me more than anything else is that repairing the wharf is costing $22 million. That is a lot of money for a small number of steel pilings to beef up the wharf. Where does all the money go?

Thanks for posting the pictures. Sure looks like no one is working though. Seeing as we will be on the May 10 Dawn sailing to Bermuda I've suggested in the Royal Gazette to let our sailing "dryrun" the new dock to see if it is ready for the Breakaway! After all the Breakaway will be there a day after we leave.

Archived