AARP Discount

marco

We booked a DOS which was supposed to have a $350 OBC but when we used the AARP discount NCL took away the OBC saying we couldn't have both.

yep, theres the catch. always call ncl and talk too someone and ask about any obc you have before you do anything to change your booking.

I agree that it doesn't always combine with other offers. I booked a cruise for Dec. 2014 that had a $300 OBC for suites, and $150 for Lattitudes directly with NCL. I applied the AARP discount, and all of the OBC disappeared. They told me it was one or the other. Since the OBC was way more than the AARP discount, I had it removed. :(

There doesn't seem to be any reason as to why sometimes it is combinable, and sometimes it isn't. :confused: I have not been able to use it on any cruise I have booked with NCL because the non-combinable offers are worth more than the AARP discount.

My AARP works great for discounts at some hotels though.

Does the cruise have to be booked through AARP?

No. It was our NCL PCC who told us about it when we booked with him last December for an October 2013 cruise.

He looked up our AARP membership online and applied the discount for us after verifying with us we were AARP members.

Despite the constant bombarment of membership offers ever since turning 50 a bunch of years ago I still refuse to join AARP. No way I would give them a dime to mis-represent me. Anyone know if Generation America members get a similar deal?

Despite the constant bombarment of membership offers ever since turning 50 a bunch of years ago I still refuse to join AARP. No way I would give them a dime to mis-represent me. Anyone know if Generation America members get a similar deal?

No, since Generation America is a Tea Party Astroturf organization and not real.

We booked a DOS which was supposed to have a $350 OBC but when we used the AARP discount NCL took away the OBC saying we couldn't have both.

Our TA is trying to get the AARP 5% discount combined with this week's promotion, but is having some problems. I just found online that I should be able to combine them. I sent an email to my TA and am waiting for a response. Check this AARP link-- http://discounts.aarp.org/offer/index/offerid/529735/uSource/SPOP4/categoryId/401/subCategoryId/559

By the way they also have a discount if you're a AAA member, but you can't use both at the same time...

Have never seen this offered... do you have any reference??

Or is it if you book thru AAA, they give you the discount... not the cruise line. That would make sense.

The answer is YES, for most sailings but not all. The membership total is closing in on surpassing AARP, and like you I would never give a dime to AARP after the lies they pulled off.:mad:

The answer is YES, for most sailings but not all. The membership total is closing in on surpassing AARP, and like you I would never give a dime to AARP after the lies they pulled off.:mad:

I think I'll check them out instead. ;)

Have never seen this offered... do you have any reference??

Or is it if you book thru AAA, they give you the discount... not the cruise line. That would make sense.

It was my TA who told me about the AAA offer, but she told me it wasn't as good. It's the first time I ever got anything out of AARP, but I have to say its more than paid me back for any dues I've paid so far. :D

Awesome! Where do we sign up?!

Their name + dot org

I checked out my next cruise on their member page for travel and price was same as already booked so no real discount there. Was hoping for a promo code to use for future price checking.

Their name + dot org

I checked out my next cruise on their member page for travel and price was same as already booked so no real discount there. Was hoping for a promo code to use for future price checking.

Got my husband signed up. Thanks!

Shaun, you should ask your TA or NCL about that. I see no reason why you couldn't get the discount if one is in each cabin.

Note, AARP rate does not always apply to all categories on a particular cruise. I am sailing in 2014 with an over 50 friend, and the category we wanted does not offer the AARP discount.

ALSO, many hotels honor a 2pm checkout if you book the AARP rate.

Shaun, you should ask your TA or NCL about that. I see no reason why you couldn't get the discount if one is in each cabin.

Note, AARP rate does not always apply all categories. I am sailing 2014 with an over 50 friend and the category we wanted does not offer the AARP discount.

ALSO, many hotels honor a 2pm checkout if you book the AARP rate.

Thanks what cat were you trying to book

Archived