AARP Discount

marco

Some of you probably already know this, but if you are an AARP member, you get 5% of the cruise price if booked 9 months or longer, in advance. And if one cabin occupant qualifies, the rate is applicable to both occupants.

Is that is on selected cruises or all? Can it be combined with other promotions?

Yes........we are using it for Nov 2014 w/the free upgrade, WAVE, OBC promo.

Also, we used it Nov 2012 & will again use it April 2015.....great deal!!

AARP1

we used it for our upcoming TA

It was 10% off combinable the Dash promo they were running

Besides I got a bunch of OBC from my online TA:D

The discount is not on the whole fare and excludes taxes and fees.

I used it on a $429 booking and it reduced my cost way down to $416!!

Thanks for the info though. We have the DOS booked so any amount would be appreciated. :)

The discount is not on the whole fare and excludes taxes and fees.

I used it on a $429 booking and it reduced my cost way down to $416!!

We used it on two weeks in a suite and saved quite a bundle, plus $450 onboard credit. Probably combined with other things (and booked 9 months out). But the PCC asked about all the various things we might belong to and came up with the deal, which we were quite happy with.

I'm going to have to sign my hubby up. He turns 50 in September and we have a cruise booked for September of 2014.

You can sign him up now. It begins at 49.5;)

We booked a DOS which was supposed to have a $250 OBC but when we used the AARP discount NCL took away the OBC saying we couldn't have both.

Thats weird

When we orginally booked it was my military discount of 5% and wasnt combinable with their dash promo

WHen we changed to AARP it was:confused:

We booked a DOS which was supposed to have a $350 OBC but when we used the AARP discount NCL took away the OBC saying we couldn't have both.

Are you using a TA??? We got OBC, AARP, DASHSALE, 13WAVE,UPGRADE SALE....all of them on our upcoming 2014 cruise w/no problems at all....I would check into that.............doesn't sound right they took your OBC away.:eek:

Does the cruise have to be booked through AARP?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

We got the discount booking through NCL.

Note: AARP discount cannot always be combined with other discounts. It totally depends on what the other discounts are.

Does the cruise have to be booked through AARP?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

No........but they will need proof you are AARP member.......i scanned & emailed my card to my TA last year so he has it on file.

My friend booked for us, did not know I have AARP. Can I go back & have applied? We booked more than 9 months in advance

Yes

Orginally boooked my miltary discount than when GF qualified for AARP called back and had it changed

As an earlier post mentioned the AARP discount is not always on the published fare. In the fall I contacted my PCC about a cruise booking and asked for the advertised 10% AARP discount. I realized that it would not be on the taxes and fees but the discount he provided in the quote only amounted to 5% of the published fare. When I asked about the difference he stated, "The discount is on the cruise fare MINUS NON-COMM FARE." I felt that was misleading as I could not fine anything on their website that mentioned NON-COMM FARE and that the discount had this "fine print". When I mentioned this to the PCC he only stated, "I'm only here to help, I have nothing about that in writing." Just verify the actual discount and that you are okay with the amount before booking.

No........but they will need proof you are AARP member.......i scanned & emailed my card to my TA last year so he has it on file.

I got quite a nice discount with it, and used my TA. She told me to make sure I brought my membership card with me as they would need it at check in. So be on the safe side and bring that card! By the way they also have a discount if you're a AAA member, but you can't use both at the same time...

Archived