Shuttle from Piazzale Roma to Cruise Terminal/Venice

NorthernHiro

Doe anyone know if NCL is offering a complimentary shuttle from PRoma to the terminal? I believe the ship is berthed at #117, which is quite a hike from the People Mover stop.

I'm guessing the answer is 'no shuttle' but I've read a posting that mentioned they saw it though its not advertised.

thanks!

32 sleeps til we Sail!!!!!:)

In my research I've read that you cross a bridge from the train station (which has stairs) and then take the people mover. But it is then about a one kilometer walk to my particular ship (the Spirit). Someone suggested that if this is a problem you could just take a cab right to the ship. I've not read anything about a shuttle although I'd be happy to have someone correct me. I did read something about there being a shuttle or a bus from the airport to the train station but this option, if indeed available, doesn't get you any closer to the ship. If you look at the vaparetto route maps, it also looks as if you can take a vaparetto from the airport. I've not read of anyone doing this but there seems to be stops at both the train station area and at the opposite end of the pier from the people mover. I've no idea how difficult or easy it would be to catch a vaparetto to that particular stop or if it would put you any closer to the ship but it might be worth looking into.

In my research I've read that you cross a bridge from the train station (which has stairs) and then take the people mover. But it is then about a one kilometer walk to my particular ship (the Spirit). Someone suggested that if this is a problem you could just take a cab right to the ship. I've not read anything about a shuttle although I'd be happy to have someone correct me. I did read something about there being a shuttle or a bus from the airport to the train station but this option, if indeed available, doesn't get you any closer to the ship. If you look at the vaparetto route maps, it also looks as if you can take a vaparetto from the airport. I've not read of anyone doing this but there seems to be stops at both the train station area and at the opposite end of the pier from the people mover. I've no idea how difficult or easy it would be to catch a vaparetto to that particular stop or if it would put you any closer to the ship but it might be worth looking into.

Here is the link to the cruise terminal with lots of great information.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal.htm

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/top-tips-for-venice-cruisers.htm

You can take the ATVO busses from the airport directly to Piazzale Roma.

Then you walk less than 50 meters to the People Mover, which has an elevator for your luggage. The People Mover will take you to within about half a mile from where you check into your cruise. You can drag your luggage easily.

If you want to make a taxi driver mad, take a taxi from the Piazzale Roma to the cruise terminal. They are waiting in line for much more lucrative fares. Still, you can do that and spend over 12 Euros for that if you don't wish to drag your luggage.

Here is the link to the cruise terminal with lots of great information.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal.htm

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/top-tips-for-venice-cruisers.htm

You can take the ATVO busses from the airport directly to Piazzale Roma.

Then you walk less than 50 meters to the People Mover, which has an elevator for your luggage. The People Mover will take you to within about half a mile from where you check into your cruise. You can drag your luggage easily.

If you want to make a taxi driver mad, take a taxi from the Piazzale Roma to the cruise terminal. They are waiting in line for much more lucrative fares. Still, you can do that and spend over 12 Euros for that if you don't wish to drag your luggage.

Thanks! Good to know. I wasn't thinking of taking a taxi from the Piazzale Roma though but from our hotel. If you're going to go the easy route you may as well go the easy route from the start. And you're right, I doubt there are many taxi drivers that would want to drive you across the pier!

Archived