Emerald Princess cabin advice

auntdot

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can comment on one of the aft cabins on thne Emerald. I am wondering if there are any noise issues from Club Fusion (or any other venue)on the Emerald deck, specifically cabins E734 or E735.

Also is there an obstruction on the balcony?

Many thanks!

Auntdot

We were in E729 on the Emerald in February. We loved the location, the covered deck, lack of foot traffic, everything. The only thing that was bothersome was the vibration when the thrusters were engaged. It affected us the day we were at Princess Cays, where the wind was so strong the thrusters were engaged much of the day to keep the ship steady, and when we left several ports. It was loud. Club Fusion was a non-issue. I assume the extreme aft decks would also hear and feel the vibration, but I would stay again in an aft cabin given the chance.

I can say that on the Crown (twin to the Emerald) in stateroom E733 we never heard anything from Club Fusion.

If you're on the balcony while under way, you don't hear anything but wake.

Yes thrusters are heard but usually not for very long...

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can comment on one of the aft cabins on thne Emerald. I am wondering if there are any noise issues from Club Fusion (or any other venue)on the Emerald deck, specifically cabins E734 or E735.

Also is there an obstruction on the balcony?

Many thanks!

Auntdot

This thread will tell you all you want to know about aft facing cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=ultimate+aft+thread

We were in E729 on the Emerald in February. We loved the location, the covered deck, lack of foot traffic, everything. The only thing that was bothersome was the vibration when the thrusters were engaged. It affected us the day we were at Princess Cays, where the wind was so strong the thrusters were engaged much of the day to keep the ship steady, and when we left several ports. It was loud. Club Fusion was a non-issue. I assume the extreme aft decks would also hear and feel the vibration, but I would stay again in an aft cabin given the chance.

The OP asked about aft facing cabins. ;)

Archived