Packing cubes heys or ebags?

Sure. eBags is a reputable site. You might also want to go to the Magellan's site to look. The have their own cubes/folders. It's also a decent site if you want to look at all those "safe" bags, locks, things to make flights more comfy, etc...

After reading this thread last night, I started looking at ebags. Does this set sound like a good beginning?

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/value-set-packing-cubes-pack-it-flat-shoe-sleeves/106795?productid=1281353

This looks like a great beginning!

Since you're looking at the shoe sleeves, I thought I'd add my experience with those here too.

I ordered a set of 2, planning to put 1 pair of dress shoes in each. I was easily able to put 2 pair of 2 - 2 1/2 inch heels in size 6 into one shoe bag. I ended up using the other one for other odds/ends. I tried them with my husband's shoes too, and his size 10 1/2 dress shoes did fit pretty easily, 1 in each shoe sleeve, but there wasn't a ton of room left over. After using them for 1 trip I ordered a set for him as well as a set for my mother.

EMEBHF is another ebags 30% off coupon code that will stack on sale items as well. I'm dying to buy more I'm just not sure yet what other sizes I want.

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/packing-cubes-3pc-set/13032?productid=949921

Thanks for the codes I ordered a combo set yesterday they will arrive tomorrow.

I will be able to compare the different sizes and order additional ones if I need the. eBags has free shipping also, it ends April 12.

I got some unbranded packing cubes for cheap on eBay -- from a part-time seller who occasionally lists them.

My DD agreed under protest to try them. She was afraid they'd add to the weight of the suitcase, but saw that they are very light. We both noticed that they made the packing so much easier.

When TSA made her open her bag & remove the contents, she pulled out her stack of packing cubes, then quickly & easily replaced them after the inspection. As we left the security checkpoint, she told me "You were right, Mom. Let's order some more when we get home!" :)

I'm so glad to find other people as obsessed about packing cubes as I am :D

Couple questions I'm answering, sorry for not quoting them.

The LL Bean vs ebags toiletry kit. I don't like either. I wish I could take features of each & put it in 1. I've started using either a small or slim cube for my toiletries. If I'm doing carry-on I stick my liquids in the quart bag in small cube along with my other stuff (makeup, deodorant, eyeglasses etc) works perfectly and I don't have to worry about trying to fit bottles in those little compartments in the toiletry bag.

A small cube is also great for holder electric chargers/converters etc.

Some people shy away from slims, but I like them. Great for underthings. But they fit in nicely because they fit sideways in a suitcase. They're the same width as a suitcase is deep (don't know if that makes sense)

I initially bought a set of S-M-L, then got a set of 3 M and 3 Slim. For me the L is too L but it really is great when we travel to my mom's for Thanksgivng to fit in all the jeans and sweatshirts.

My ds went to Denmark for 10 days and took 1 small, 2 med, 2 slim & 1 large cube. Worked great and fit nicely into a medium sized suitcase. It was an exchange so he could live out of his suitcase and didn't need a dresser.

I've gone to LA on business trips with 3 medium and a small in a carry-on.

As to why use them:

We did a family weekend to a 'rustic' resort in the Poconos. I was so glad I had cubes and didn't have to put my clothes in the drawers. (Nasty) I put the cubes in the drawers and my stuff didn't touch anything.

Also if you're doing a multi-leg it's great to keep some stuff cubed while you use from certain cubes. One of my sons like to plan out his clothes by day, so he puts 1 day of clothes in each cube.

I love them, I have purple for me but the silver and dark blue for the men in my family. We also intermix on plane trips - just in case we end up losing anything!

That's the information I was looking for. thanks!

You're welcome.

As a side note on that - depending on where your going (warm vs cold) for the most part a medium cube works well if you want to pack daily, sometimes you can fit 2 days in 1 pack.

skoeper wrote, "I don't really get how you could pack MORE in cubes. Can someone explain how having another "suitcase" within a suitcase would create more space?"

This was the argument I used to talk myself out of buying them for the last year but after reading this thread I think may have to try them.

Let me know if you do buy any! And also if you could pack more using them. I'm already worried about space and I haven't even started packing yet, lol. I love the organization the cubes give you, but I'm worried I won't fit all my "stuff" in if I use them.

My medium cubes arrived this week. Just tried them.

In one medium cube, I got a pair of jeans and 3 long sleeve t-shirts in and there was still room for a pair or two of socks, and maybe a couple pairs of undies. And there might have even been room to stuff a nightie in there. So that's about 2 days worth of clothes in one medium cube, if a person was going to wear the jeans twice.

I planned to order a set for both Dh and I, but am wondering if I should order an additional set of all three sizes or just some medium ones to add to our set( I plan to get the set with one of each size and three slim cases)? any suggestions?

I have been packing with cubes and folders for a while now and I think they are great. I think they are great for organization but they also make packing and unpacking much easier for me as well. I put shirts with collars and pants in folders and everything else is rolled in cubes or tubes. When packing I can easily make changes to these packing aids without unpacking the entire suitcase. When I reach the cruise ship all the folders and cubes go into drawers or closet as is. The only thing I will hang up is my suit. As I either hand wash or use the ship cleaning service those things are placed back in their cube or folder so at the end of the cruise I am basically packed so all I have to do is place them back in my luggage. While it sounds simple learning how to maximize your luggage space does take some trial and error. I start out filling all the voids around the handle hardware with rolled up shorts, swimsuits, or even shoes. I than start to fill my jigsaw with the combination of folders, cubes, and tubes. While I don’t think it is a bad idea I don’t cross pack for a couple of reasons. One DW has a different style of packing and I also have enough clothing in my carry on and personal bag that will get me though a cruise.

Eagle Creek has a series of videos that will give you a good visual of this system. There are 4 short videos in the series. Just click on the arrow to go to the next video.

Shak

http://www.eaglecreek.com/travel-tips-packing-lists

DD is shopping for packing cubes for her trip. I plan to borrow them for mine;)

Do you prefer heys or ebags and why?

Thanks,

I have both since I purchased 2 sets once of one and loved them so much, one was having a sale and purchased the other (they look the same to me).

I cannot tell a difference.

I iron all my clothes before I put them in the cubes, sometimes 3 weeks prior to my trip and everything comes out without any wrinkles. I can fit in SOOO MUCH!

LOVE THEM!

I have 3 different colors! One set for each member of the family.

Let me know if you do buy any! And also if you could pack more using them. I'm already worried about space and I haven't even started packing yet, lol. I love the organization the cubes give you, but I'm worried I won't fit all my "stuff" in if I use them.

With careful folding, I was able to fit 8 ladies size small t-shirts and 2 cami style tank tops into one medium cube. I fit all of my "bottoms" which included a couple of capris, a couple of shorts, and yoga pants into another medium cube.

Eagle Creek has a series of videos that will give you a good visual of this system. There are 4 short videos in the series. Just click on the arrow to go to the next video.

Shak

Thanks for the link to the videos. Now I think I need folders as well as cubes.

I probably need my head examined, but I just ordered more medium cubes for each of us. I just couldn't resist while that 30% coupon is still in effect plus the free shipping. Now each of us has plenty of cubes.

Is there a support group for cube addition? Ha! Hi, my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to cubes. Ha!

I hope everyone who is trying cubes/folders for the first time report back on which they liked the best, what sizes were useful, did they really make a difference, etc.

When I watched the folder video and saw the folding board I had to think of Sheldon doing his laundry (even though his folding board is more complex).

I have ordered 2 sets of the 3 pack of cubes and 1 - 3 pack of slim cubes and one 18" spectre folder....

Where would you put dresses in the folder? We are talking stapless sun dresses both short and long.

I also picked up a tip on tripadvisor about using xl- freezer bags for swimsuits - they are great when the suit is till wet - just wanted to pass that along.

Thanks - still waiting for our cubes/folder to arrive - sent them to daughters BF in the USA so he can bring them home to us in Canada next weekend (saves on shipping fee's!).

I planned to order a set for both Dh and I, but am wondering if I should order an additional set of all three sizes or just some medium ones to add to our set( I plan to get the set with one of each size and three slim cases)? any suggestions?

Hi I received my order today for 1 set tried them out and ordered a set of the large cubes.

I hope everyone who is trying cubes/folders for the first time report back on which they liked the best, what sizes were useful, did they really make a difference, etc.

When I watched the folder video and saw the folding board I had to think of Sheldon doing his laundry (even though his folding board is more complex).

Funny I thought of Sheldon also, love that show. This will be my first experience with the cubes. I ordered a combo set received them on Friday did a test pack and ordered a set of the large cubes.

Part of my eBags order placed the evening of April 9 arrived today. The slims were on pre-sell according to the customer service person with whom I chatted. He said the should be shipping in 2-3 days. The aquamarine color I ordered is gorgeous!

I've decided to return the Pack-It-Flat toiletry case. I know lots of people love them, but I'm just not a fan of the design. I think I might get the LL Bean medium toiletry case instead and try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Haha that's what my dh said when I told him I was buying a folder lol

The folder/envelope thing (yes I thought of Sheldon too) just be forewarned. It's pretty big, sizewise, so you can't use it in a carry-on. The ends kind of get folded up so the shirts get wrinkled anyway. It's no big deal if you're using it in a bigger suitcase.

I will add I don't know if all the brands are the same size but check the dimensions.

Archived