Personal Experiences with JamaicaForaDay.com

Jmillsarch

My family and I will be on the Allure of the Sea this May for their Western Caribbean itinerary and I’d like some feedback on JamaicaForaDay.com for purchasing all inclusive day passes and transfers.

I have two small children 5 and 3 that will be with us, and we’d like to spend the day at a beach somewhere nice and safe for the kids. Falmouth does not have a lot of good value choices for beach excursions through Royal Caribbean. There’s Chukka Beach and Red Strip Beach on the low end, and then Iberostar all-inclusive on the high end.

My wife and I went to Chukka Beach last year without the kids and it was fine, no complaints, but to include food in the excursion we’re looking at $150. Our 3 year old would be free.

Red Strip Beach is an unknown to us. For the 4 of us we’re looking at $60 with no food or chairs or anything included.

The all-inclusive trip to Iberostar would be great, but for 4 of us we’re looking at something like $367. Again, our 3 year old would be free.

JamaicaForaDay.com has trips to Jewel Runaway Bay for $80 per adult, and kids 5 and under are free. To me this is a great deal. The problem is my wife is dead set against booking though a third party and not booking through the ship.

I need some assurances for her that JamaicaForaDay.com is a reputable company, and that they’re a safe option for our family with two small kids.

Any experiences you could share about your dealings with them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We used them June 2012 when we docked in Montego Bay to spend the day at the Hilton Rose Hall resort. We will use them again in June 1013 from Falmouth to return to Hilton Rose Hall. A very organized experience and easy to use. Do a quick search and you will find lots of reviews for the company.

we used jamaica for a day in december 2012. we went to the jewel dunn's river. we booked online and a paid a deposit, including transportation. there were people at the dock that pointed us in the right direction, where a hotel bus and two staff members were waiting for us. i had forgotten my credit card on the ship and they waited for me to go get it. when we got to the hotel, we checked in and paid the balance in about 5 minutes. we gave our valuables to the front desk and they put it in the office safe. the bus was waiting for us at the end of our visit, and the staff members were watching for us and the other couple that was on the same ship as us to make sure we got on the right shuttle. we were back in plenty of time to shop around the pier and get back on the ship.

Just an FYI:

I called the Hilton Rose Hall directly to check out what their prices were like and they were only $5 different from what JamaicaForaDay had listed, and they said to "just come, no reservation required". So you may want to call the Jewel yourself and see what they say.

We used Jamiaca for a day last December as well to Jewel Dunn River. We are planning to book again using them this December for Hilton Rose Hall. The transportation is easy and convenient and were back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

You will find that most people around here do not book with the cruiseline (unless that's the only way to do what they are wanting to do...for instance an AI that only allows cruisers there and HAS to be booked using the cruise line). That's why we are all here. To help each other out and how to save money by doing it on your own.

We used Jamaica for a day last March and they were great. The resort we went to was awesome and everything went smooth as can be. They came right back to pick us up (in a huge luxury coach bus and we were the only one on it) right at the time they said they would. I would highly recommend them and when we return this December, we will be using them again. I would show you the link to my review, but it includes a review of the resort we went to with them and if that's not the place you are going to, then I guess it really wouldn't matter to you. :)

We used them a few years ago and had no problem. Everything was great. There is another option now with Island Marketing at the Braco Beach Resort. I have used Island Marketing in Cozumel to book Nachi Cocum, so when we go in June I have reserved with them for Falmouth.

• 2 weeks later...
We used them a few years ago and had no problem. Everything was great. There is another option now with Island Marketing at the Braco Beach Resort. I have used Island Marketing in Cozumel to book Nachi Cocum, so when we go in June I have reserved with them for Falmouth.

Booked with Island Marketing Ltd for an all inclusive day pass at Braco Beach resort. The resort was very nice and only about 20-25 mins. from the cruise terminal. I do have to say that the food left a lot to be desired and the drinks only fair. We had a few blended/frozen drinks and then they took the blender from the pool bar to bring to the disco??? No more blended drinks for the whole day! The female bartender was about the only nice & courteous person we had contact with there. The rest of the staff didn't seem to care or give you the time of day. The buffet food was not good so we went to a small café/grill near the pool area. They would not let us order a burger without sitting at one of their tables and none were available. We waited about 15 mins. for a table and then one of the unfriendly waitresses came to take our order. We waited over 30 mins. at the table before receiving our food and then I didn't get the jerk chicken meal I ordered. Instead I got a cold chopped chicken sandwich after waiting all that time! My husband got his burger made from a frozen pattie.

It's really a shame because the resort was beautiful and the beach was too. The staff just didn't seem to care. I think that is kind of the Jamaican attitude. When we first arrived and saw how nice the surroundings were, we considered staying some place like it for a short vacation. We changed our minds pretty quickly. It wasn't a terrible day, the pool was great, the beach nice, water was rough so we didn't go in but were just somewhat disappointed. It really made us appreciate the awesome service we got aboard Royal Caribbean.

We used them to book Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay and everything was fine. I know several others that booked as well and no one had any problems. The only thing someone told me was to book your own transportation to and from. If you pay them for transportation you have to sit there and wait until the van is full before they depart. It was the same price to get your own cab.

We have used jamaicaforaday 2 times and have been pleased on both occasions.

When we docked in Falmouth in September 2012, we booked the Hilton Rose Hall including transfers. The small bus was waiting for us where all the other excursion buses were lined up at within the pier compound. We booked online, paid the deposit online, and paid the difference when we arrived at Hilton Rose Hall to check in. The resort was beautiful, fun lazy river/mini slides, clean beach, and really good food and drinks. Both adults and children at the resort were having a great time. The bus picked us up at the designated return time(we arranged this when he initially dropped us off at the resort) and we got back to the pier with plenty of time to do any shopping.

When we docked in Ocho Rios in december 2012, we booked Jewel Dunns reosrt(with Firegal above! *waves*). Again, same thing as before. We booked online, paid our deposit, and paid the remaining balance at check in. Transfers to and from the resort were just as easy. The only difference that time was that we added on the Dunns river fall excursion so there was an extra side trip involved. Otherwise, it was easy to book, had a great time at both dunns and the resort, and easy transportation back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

I highly recommend Jamaicaforaday based on the 2 experiences I had.

Thanks for everyone's replies. We went ahead and booked through Jamaica for a Day for Jewel Runaway Bay. So far the process has been pretty easy. We leave Sunday on Allure. Hopefully everything goes well. I'll post a follow up in a couple of weeks.

Archived