MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

thanks for posting this thread, Is there a wait with your time dinning, I know sometimes on other ships there could be a 20 min. wait, I look at a table for 4 people, thanks

Mostly depends on when you go. If you guy right at 6, there will probably be a wait. 7:30, not so much.

I picked the anytime. But it said I was wait listed as it did for all times.

I could stand to lose a few pounds, but hey Carnival determine that after I've gotten on the ship. Lol.

You might want to give Carnival a call - sounds like a glitch with the web site - their web site is very buggy! They need some new developers!

Mostly depends on when you go. If you guy right at 6, there will probably be a wait. 7:30, not so much.

We had gone most evenings around six for a table for two and went right in. The one evening we went closer to 7 we had to wait around 10 minutes.

Mike

I could stand to lose a few pounds, but hey Carnival determine that after I've gotten on the ship. Lol.

monster16, we are on the same cruise. We are doing anytime. But we have to because we have kids.

Have you done anytime before? I had assigned on my prior cruises, but figured a flexible time would be nice.

Just so you know, as a general rule of thumb My Time fills up first followed by Early assigned then Late. Since you booked so late, unless you are Diamond your odds of getting My Time is pretty low.

All is not lost though, if you don't get the assignment you want, go see the Maitre d' after you board.

LMAO!! That's one way to lose weight on a cruise, the Carnival No Dinner Diet Plan! HAHAHA!!

Have you done anytime before? I had assigned on my prior cruises, but figured a flexible time would be nice.

Splendor was 1st Carnival cruise that we did anytime dining...we prob. won't be doing Anytime again on Carnival. It seems confusing and we usually had a wait time of 20-30mins. They gave you a beeper...you can sit in the Atrium and listen to live music. We've done something similar on NCL and just seemed a bit more organized.

We've done Anytime Dining the last few cruises and we love it. 6 o'clock is too early for us and 8 is too late. We go around 7 and we've never had to wait too long.

Barb

We also had "My Time" dining on Splendor and never had to wait despite our varied dinner times. Party of two though. We always requested the booths up against the edge of the balcony so we could see everyone else in the dining room and the random dinner shows, was never a problem.

My DW and I booked the May 17th cruise last week ( the price was too good to pass up) and it had wait listed for all 3 dinnings. So I picked the anytime because I like early and I figured there would be no hope of getting that this late so with the anytime we could go early. Well at any rate I just got a email from Carnival telling me they where able to do the anytime and I was confirmed. So I am sure you will get a email letting you know.

Okay - I've found some more bits of info from other threads and I thought I'd post them here so people don't have to go looking all over the place

The shows currently on the Splendor are The Beat and Vroom.

The piano player in the Piano Bar is Hailey.

There is a charge for the cappuccino and espresso in the MDR.

The room safes use key codes not cards.

Okay - I've found some more bits of info from other threads and I thought I'd post them here so people don't have to go looking all over the place

All I can say is WOW. Your are better than the info Kiosk at the mall...LOL!

All I can say is WOW. Your are better than the info Kiosk at the mall...LOL!

LOL - I'm an information junkie - I'm just passing it along. Probably should have called the thread Splendor 411! :D

Thanks Kat:)

I think you can add a 3rd show, 'Fiesta Latina' to Vroom & The Beat.

Don't forget about the Splendor's lucky coin. Deck 14, opposite to the

water-slide entrance.

Also, the saunas above cabin 1102, and in the gym, are free to use.

I think I have about 4 pages of Splendor notes, LOL! From laundry room

locations to ordering a banana split in the MDR from the children's desssert

menu, hehehe..:)

I like the interactive tv aspect. Being able to order room service, check

my folio or take a peek at the MDR menu all on the tv in your stateroom.

Very convenient & cool..

I can't verify if this is still active, but I think the specialty coffee bar

(might still) offer a punch card, 5 coffees for $11 plus gratuity.

Its not listed in the coffee bar menu. One has to ask for it.

:)

I think you can add a 3rd show, 'Fiesta Latina' to Vroom & The Beat.

Don't forget about the Splendor's lucky coin. Deck 14, opposite to the

water-slide entrance.

Also, the saunas above cabin 1102, and in the gym, are free to use.

I like the interactive tv aspect. Being able to order room service, check

my folio or take a peek at the MDR menu all on the tv in your stateroom.

Very convenient & cool..

I can't verify if this is still active, but I think the specialty coffee bar

(might still) offer a punch card, 5 coffees for $11 plus gratuity.

Its not listed in the coffee bar menu. One has to ask for it.

Excellent! Thanks - these are the kind of things I'm looking for! Reviews are so subjective depending on the reviewers preferences - and that's great if you happen to be looking for the same experience or you like/dislike the same kind of food.

I wasn't sure if the Splendor had the TV's where you could order room service. Good to know because it's one of the things I wanted to do this time. We had the menu sneak peaks on the Miracle - love that!

I hope that's true about the coffee bar because I will have some Cruise Cash Bar from my Carnival MC and the Carnival web site says you can use it in the coffee bar.

Please - anyone who has cruised the Splendor out of NYC - we need more data for the info junkies! :D

Do you happen to know, from your notes, where the laundry room is located on Deck 7 for my upcoming cruise on the Splendor? :D:D Great tips, by the way. Keep them coming.

Do you happen to know, from your notes, where the laundry room is located on Deck 7 for my upcoming cruise on the Splendor? :D:D Great tips, by the way. Keep them coming.

Behind the mid ship Elevators starboard side. Across from 7347.

Edited by big_duck