2.0 or 2 days? Would you rather...

mumtopugs

I guess there's one in every crowd! I would take the five day. I could take the two extra days to get my "Land Legs" back before returning to work. Also the price would be cheaper (the cruise, parking, gratuities, ect.). I like five day cruises! And then there's that "Guy's Burger" thing!:D Mikey<><

Ive been on conquest twice since 2.0 .. more bars (are you a big drinker?), now you cannot sit in the shade on lido and see the big screen. the cantina is new, but I dont like burritoes, I want crispy tacos.. I didnt like what I tried. I love guys burgers, but Mongolian BBQ was removed I also liked.

brunch now instead of breakfast and lunch.

what is there to make you want 2.0 so much other than guys burgers? Unless you really care about drinking .. no big deal. 2.0 shows, no live bands, now 25 minutes long and 20 minutes of talking to fill in the space and graphics instead of live music.

I can eat burgers at home.. though they are good. Its not enough to book to get instead of 2 days at sea.

Pride has more space per pax.. spirit class. Its the best class to many because of the more space ratio.

I do like 5 days too, if the price is a lot cheaper.. but I would not book just to get burgers.

If the cost is the same, I would always pick 7 over 5.

When I was looking for August I had the same choices-- Pride out of Baltimore vs 5 days on glory out of NY. there was a HUGE price difference.

399 pp vs 629 pp

460 total for 2 extra days.

How do you do the same ports in a 5 day cruise versus a 7 day cruise??

Is it a 5 day out of Miami, versus a 7 day out of Baltimore?

I really don't think the pricing is the same.

EDIT: Ahh, I get it, to Canada. One out of NY, the other out of Baltimore.

I personally love the 2.0 upgrades. We did the Conquest (2.0 upgrade) in January. Just got back from the Legend coupel of weeks ago (no upgrade). Big difference in my opinion. In comparing, Conquest much better.

But......I would book 7 days versus shorter cruise.

Looks like I am the only one, but I choose the 5 day with the 2.0 upgrades. 5 days is perfect for me considering I usually spend 1-2 days in the city before the cruise sets sail. This ends up being a 7 day vacation.

Another reason is I don't rest much on vacations and usually come back more tired than before I left for vacation. Maybe thats my issue... if I relaxed more on vacation maybe I would prefer the 7 day....

I am also interested in August to Canada. I want it to go even lower than $399 :D

How come 5 day cruises from Florida are so dirt cheap but the 4 and 5 days out of New York are twice the price?

the 1A is cheaper then 399.

a few weeks ago tt was free upgrades-- so we moved our inside cabins to the Lido deck for the same price.

the 1A is cheaper then 399.

a few weeks ago tt was free upgrades-- so we moved our inside cabins to the Lido deck for the same price.

I would book the 1A but I don't think my parents would appreciate the bunk beds. I'd need 2 cabins, was looking for insides on Lido but the Carnival.com website is busted and I can't get a price all week.

I was just looking for a cruise to tide me over until we're on the Breakaway in November. I just upgraded us to aft-view balcony so there goes any extra cash for a "quick" Canadian cruise. Still hoping prices fall below $399.

I would book the 1A but I don't think my parents would appreciate the bunk beds. I'd need 2 cabins, was looking for insides on Lido but the Carnival.com website is busted and I can't get a price all week.

I was just looking for a cruise to tide me over until we're on the Breakaway in November. I just upgraded us to aft-view balcony so there goes any extra cash for a "quick" Canadian cruise. Still hoping prices fall below $399.

Not many of the 1As actually have bunk beds. Carnival just puts that standard on all 1As.

Here is a link to cabins that show what the cabin really has for beds.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087

Why not check prices on a TA site.. all sites show the same price. You can still book with Carnival, but check prices on any site.

Thanks, went to check prices at an online TA and got a good rate of $379 each for 2, then need another cabin for 3 and the 3rd passenger rate is $499. Um, I don't think so. Guess we won't be cruising this summer.

Thanks, went to check prices at an online TA and got a good rate of $379 each for 2, then need another cabin for 3 and the 3rd passenger rate is $499. Um, I don't think so. Guess we won't be cruising this summer.

I would check with a Carnival PVP. Sometimes you could come out with a better deal for that third person.

Same ports... Would you do 5 days on the Glory, a 2.0 ship OR 7 days on the Pride, not a 2.0 ship?

I am seeing Glory going to Canada and Pride going to Bahamas. (freeport and Nassau.

is there another itinerary happening?

Glory is doing a 7 day too. have you looked into that one?

I am seeing Glory going to Canada and Pride going to Bahamas. (freeport and Nassau.

is there another itinerary happening?

Glory is doing a 7 day too. have you looked into that one?

Thanks, I didn't see the Pride going to Canada either. i think I asked that earlier.

I would check with a Carnival PVP. Sometimes you could come out with a better deal for that third person.

for our summer sailing the first two are paying 399pp and the 3rd rate is 379pp

Carnival is a cruise lines that does not offer discounts by using a 3rd party agent--- the price is what it is.

Everything else being equal, I'd take the 7. The only I'd opt for a 5-day would be if I was doing it with a week's vacation and the travel was eating up two days of that.

I can't get excited about "upgrades" (and the "2.0" moniker just sounds goofy and pretentious). It's all just window dressing. Maybe the hamburgers are a little better on one ship, but that is something I've forgotten within 15 minutes of getting back to my lounge chair.

I am also interested in August to Canada. I want it to go even lower than $399 :D

How come 5 day cruises from Florida are so dirt cheap but the 4 and 5 days out of New York are twice the price?

It's written into our State Constitution to have the lowest cruising prices around! ;):D

Archived