March 8, 2014 Summit cruise cancelled

New Hampshire

We were informed by Celebrity that the March 8 Summit cruise has been chartered and therefore our booking was cancelled. We were permitted to rebook from a choice of dates they gave us and pay the same price for the new sailing that we were paying originally. The upside to all of this was an OBC of $200 as compensation. I'm glad this happened so far ahead of the cruise and not after we had air bookings.

We were informed by Celebrity that the March 8 Summit cruise has been chartered and therefore our booking was cancelled. We were permitted to rebook from a choice of dates they gave us and pay the same price for the new sailing that we were paying originally. The upside to all of this was an OBC of $200 as compensation. I'm glad this happened so far ahead of the cruise and not after we had air bookings.

Sounds pretty reasonable. I hope those with beverage packages were able to keep them too.:D

Are you joining us on the 1st?

Sorry to hear your original date got canceled but, at least you were able to get some OBC and keep the 123 promo :-) Being this far out, most wouldn't yet have airfare anyway, which is good, though it would have been better if it were more than a year out to make certain of that.

I wonder if they offered anything to those that had already booked airfare?

That is interesting. When they cancelled the Millennium 2014 Transpacific, our offer stated that we had to pay the current prices on any cruise were rebooked. Perhaps they are realising how unreasonable they were being.

Sue

While I agree the offer is reasonable if you have some flexibility to change dates, what about those of us who are locked into that particular week? Couldn't they provide the same options (price guarantee and $200 OBC) to transfer to one of the other Celebrity ships that same week? If not that, how about some incentive to transfer to one of the RCI ships since there are 2 doing the Southern itinerary that week?

• 3 months later...

:confused::mad::(

Thanks a million Celebrity, the March 8 2014 Cruise which we booked has been chartered to the Atlantis group and is now 100% open to gay couples only, we were one of the first couple to book, had first choice of a room and now we have been forced to cancel, no compensation, Celebrity wanted more money to rebook another cruise they had out of Miami, and to add to the insult I lost 2 nights for accommodations I made in San Juan as I prepaid my room as I was intending to spend a couple of extra days there. Thanks a million Celebrity, oh yes and had no choice in staying on that particular cruise, we had to cancel. After numerous e-mails to Celebrity asking for some compensation towards another cruse, nothing, don't believe everything you hear about this company, they just don't care, what they care about is getting more money from a special charter group, in this case the Atlantis Group.:confused::mad::(

In addition to three months [April to July], there appears to be some discrepancy between the OP and the latest poster.

Sue

Careful folks..I read this yesterday.

I wondered WHO chartered the SUMMIT.

I checked on line via Google to see which company

was taking the entire ship. :rolleyes:

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID.

Now, I am getting e-mails and, on Facebook, from that charter company wanting me to sign up for a gay cruise, with alot of photos.

Not what I wanted on this computer... be careful!

Careful folks..I read this yesterday.

I wondered WHO chartered the SUMMIT.

I checked on line via Google to see which company

was taking the entire ship. :rolleyes:

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID.

Now, I am getting e-mails and, on Facebook, from that charter company wanting me to sign up for a gay cruise, with alot of photos.

Not what I wanted on this computer... be careful!

Good grief, delete your cookies and that may stop some of the more virulent spam.:D

Archived