Attn: Emerald Princess Cruisers!

jdblakeslee

Princess has lowered their prices on some of the cabin categories on the Emerald Princess for sailings this summer. Our TA called yesterday and told us that we could either keep our cabin of choice and get a refund or choose a complimentary cabin upgrade for the same price we booked. She has taken care of us for so many years, we left it up to her to work her magic...so, long story short, we are now in a mini-suite for $100 more pp on the same deck we had originally booked, and Princess is giving us an on-board credit of $200 which means we virtually are paying the same amount as the first cabin selection.

I also heard that they are having a difficult time filling up these sailings with airfare to Europe so expensive and that Princess will eliminate two of their ships normally postioned in Europe for 2014.

Anyway, I love my TA! She also got us the usual on-board credit for hubby's service in the military so we have got a nice little credit going into our cruise in July!

Check with your TA or Princess on the reduced fare...and may the "upgrade" fairies be with you!

Jennifer

While I am not in the travel business, I am heartened to know that you have a good agent and heed her counsel. I am fortunate to have an agent whom I trust, too.

No doubt about it, air and cruise fares are on the upswing. Perhaps one of the best ways to save is to minimize purchasing tours through the cruise line (much, much better prices via independent operators) and avoiding the lure of extra-cost dining on board the vessel.

Enjoy your voyage. We sail on Emerald for 27 days departing April 26. We shall endeavor to leave her shipshape for your cruise!

The one thing that really swayed us to do a Med. Cruise this summer (other than being on the Royal :) ) was the $500 per person savings with Princess EZAir. For us, that was a great deal!!

Did you find that Princess EZAir was much cheaper than booking your own air? Do you have to fly on the dates they give you or make your own dates? We're planning to take the Regal in 2014, and just looking at the airfare now on line through airlines sites, just unbelievable, we may not be able to do this cruise.

Did you find that Princess EZAir was much cheaper than booking your own air? Do you have to fly on the dates they give you or make your own dates? We're planning to take the Regal in 2014, and just looking at the airfare now on line through airlines sites, just unbelievable, we may not be able to do this cruise.

Last year when booking our Mediterranean cruise, I did a lot of research regarding flights. EZ air not only had the cheapest flights, but gave us many choices.. We were able to fly into Venice 2 days early and get the same low rates.

Just go to Princess website and, find your cruise and go to the flight tab and see for yourself what they have available.

When we originally booked our cruise (July, 2013/Baltic), we were unsure if we would add days before or after (or both!) so we started shopping around airfare. We also told our TA when we thought we had some firm dates to check and she's the one that came up with the excellent fare through Princess. We saved over $ 300 pp.

We are flying to Copenhagen a couple of days before the cruise and flying back through Paris (open jaw), staying four nights before heading back to the US. We couldn't be happier. Plus we don't have to pay for the airfare until we pay the balance of the cruise!

Glad to see so many are finding that Princess airfares are a deal! I think if they want to fill up their ships in Europe, this may be the best way to do it.

When we originally booked our cruise (July, 2013/Baltic), we were unsure if we would add days before or after (or both!) so we started shopping around airfare. We also told our TA when we thought we had some firm dates to check and she's the one that came up with the excellent fare through Princess. We saved over $ 300 pp.

We are flying to Copenhagen a couple of days before the cruise and flying back through Paris (open jaw), staying four nights before heading back to the US. We couldn't be happier.

Plus we don't have to pay for the airfare until we pay the balance of the cruise!

Glad to see so many are finding that Princess airfares are a deal! I think if they want to fill up their ships in Europe, this may be the best way to do it.

Not pay for the airfare till the balance of the cruise is paid !!! how great :D:D:D

The one thing that really swayed us to do a Med. Cruise this summer (other than being on the Royal ) was the $500 per person savings with Princess EZAir. For us, that was a great deal!!

THat's one of the big reasons we are doing Ruby Princess in Sept, Rome to Venice. I keep looking at airfares, & Princess is far less expensive than the going fares.

Steve

However, whan Princess found me a ine way fare to LHR that was $1000 less than I could find myself, I chose to pay for the entire package immediately. Everything is refundable .... the cruise up to final payment, and the flexible air can be CX or changed up to 45 days before the flight.

Can you upgrade from economy to business using the Princess air fares?

That's an issue - I usually fly British Air when possible and their upgraded coach class (separate cabin, reclining seats, wine, 2 pieces of checked luggage). Princess couldn't offer that and their prices for business class was a lot more.

I am seeing deep discounts on all of their European cruises this year and I think it does have to do with air fare. Also, they announced today they are moving the CB back to Ft. Lauderdale next year so I think they are seeing their profit margin shrinking in the European market and having problems filling the ships.

Did you find that Princess EZAir was much cheaper than booking your own air? Do you have to fly on the dates they give you or make your own dates?

With EZAir you pick the dates and the flights you want. The dates can be a reasonable number of days before/after the cruise. Prices may not be the same on all days.

Archived