Snorkeling in April?

chrissyprincess

How is the weather for snorkeling in mid to late April? Is it temperate enough to get wet or still chilly? Would I need a wet suit or can get by without it? I would really like to snorkel for the first time in Bermuda but wasn’t sure if the climate would allow it and still be comfortable. Has anyone gone in April?

If you're from the Northeast US, 69F isn't that cold...it's about the average water temperature in Atlantic City or Cape May NJ in late June to early July.

Yes, I am but we always go to the beach in Md. later in the season when the water is warmer.:)

In addition, our Bermudian friend who mantains the site I posted, said the weather can still be blustery at times and some kind of jacket or windbreaker is a good idea. Doesn't sound like snorkeling weather to me.

We went snorkelling at the end of April a couple of years ago. The water was a little chilly when you get in, but after that it is fine. Mind you, we're from Canada, so we still have ice in April:D

I will agree with the blustery comment - we did find it to be quite windy and damp on one day. Jackets were definitely needed. However, on one other day, it was scorching hot!

Archived