Old verses young

gardengirl2011

Gizmo is a good friend of mine and we see each other for lunch quite often. She is fine but felt the quality on HAL had gone down so much an S suite no longer held the attraction for them that it used to. They are enjoying land resort vacations mostly in Mexico.

Thanks for the update, Peaches.

Glad to hear she is fine and enjoying her vacations.

I'm happy I mentioned her name. :)

Thanks, Joanie.

Yes, I wrote far more of the story in Posts # 81, #84 and # 98 in that thread.

I've only read up to Post 92 so far. Had to stop and make Chicken Salad for supper.

I am getting ready to finish the rest now!!

All I have to say to this point Sail is HOLY CHIMICHANGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a..... sheesh, cannot even think of a word to describe my thoughts right now.........?Debacle? No, debacle is to mild a word......

EDITED TO ADD: I noticed so many of the names also Sail. Specifically Laura (her name made me cry remembering), HeatherInFlorida and dakrewser just to mention 2 or 3.

Joanie

What a lovely thread.

HAL suits me just fine and VallyD summed it up to a T. Thank you.

I am 43 and damn.... I just realized I gained a year there...:( make that 44). and I love the blue hulled ships.

I work hard and when I vacation I want to see the world and soak it up. I just don't have time anymore to waste just partying on a ship.

I have met amazing people on my cruises from 24 up up and up. I think HAL attracts the young at heart with a passion for travel,culture and maritime tradition. As I've said before if I wanted Vegas I know how to get there.

I'd also like to add that I lost a sea day after the pub crawl on our Med cruise and the age ranged from 24 to 75. Everyone regardless of age bonded.

I want my mind to be stimulated on vacation but not overwhelmed by ADD, drunks and stalkers. I want to hear your stories. Age is just a number and if you make it to the ship then you are my kind of person. I work with plenty of lumps my age. Case closed.

My fiancé is 28 and I am 27. We both LOVE HAL.

You have to have an idea about what you are looking for or want in a cruise. Once you have a few key things you would like you can look for lines with those qualities.

I am an old soul and love talking to the many experienced wise "old" people. As mentioned before many are young at heart. Age demographics tend to change with each ship, destination and length.

I have found in the past that the younger people meet up early on and bond quite quickly. One of my best friends is a girl I met in 2009 on a Black Sea cruise. I even went on a date once with a fellow cruiser when we both got home!

Hubby and I are 41 and 39 respectively and have been cruising HAL for 8+ years. Even did the 48 day circumnavigation of Australia and NZ. And... we could never keep up with all the "old" people on the ship. They were still going strong when the younger crowd had long since collapsed in a corner. You'll have fun, no matter what your age, or that of your fellow cruisers if you have the right mindset.

Archived