Carnival Steals your money!!! Please read

Hersheepeg

Just off the Magic, and yes, this is a new policy. The money goes to St. Jude. However, if you read the information they put in your stateroom, you will know this. You also can request they give you the money instead. People, people, people read the information they give you! This sounds just like the guy in line behind me $&:?ing that no one told him he needed photo ID to get off and back on the ship. Are you freaking kidding me? It is on the TV, it is in every FunTimes. Come on people, we can't fix stupid here!

Just off the Magic, and yes, this is a new policy. The money goes to St. Jude. However, if you read the information they put in your stateroom, you will know this. You also can request they give you the money instead. People, people, people read the information they give you! This sounds just like the guy in line behind me $&:?ing that no one told him he needed photo ID to get off and back on the ship. Are you freaking kidding me? It is on the TV, it is in every FunTimes. Come on people, we can't fix stupid here!

That was good for coffee in the nose icon14.gif

Two thumbs up, Talex! I am sitting here reading all the nasty comments and wondering just how many of these folks actually print the cruise contract when they print their boarding passes and luggage tags and then READ it! I would bet $4.75 not a one did!

OK, my GF and I went on a Carnival cruise (Liberty) last month. At the conclusion of the trip we had a $4.75 credit on our account. The protocol that everyone was told is that they will mail you out a cheque. Ok big deal $4.75.... But when the cheque never showed up, my girlfriend decided to call to see what the hold up was. Carnivals NEW policy is if you are owed $5.00 or under they immediately donate it to charity!!! Really....Im glad they made that decision for me. Where is the tax receipt. Do you think if you owed them $4.99 they would waive it? No way. This company is getting more junkier and junkier, with bonehead decisions and policy's.

Off topic, a few more examples.....

Guys burger joint. Open limited hours...... So if your at port 5 of the 7 days, you likely will only have the opportunity to enjoy a good burger on "at sea" days. Why not have it open till 11:00pm instead of 6:00pm? Cheap. That's why.

The Stir fry grill. Even more limited hours LMAO. I believe it was open noon till 3:00. WOW.

Carnival will be pricing themselves out of business with the limited times to eat, and stealing peoples money...

What some one has already pointed out, it probably costs Carnival $25.00 to write a check for an amount less than $5.00. So to avoid that, Carnival in their suttle manner, is suggesting that you spend over $5.00 to make the credit go away. They save $25.00 and you get to enjoy a drink. It's no big deal although I might be ticked if I didn't know about the policy.

Oh well, some charity made out with the $5.00 and this post now advises every one of the new policy. See, there is a silver lining in every cloud. You just have to look for it.

Sorry, the only info we read was that a cheque would be mailed. Nothing about donating my money.

IT ALL ADDS UP

Remember if there is a cash overage on your Sail &Sign account of $5.00 or less, we will donate the remaining amount to St. Jude's Children's Hospital! Of course, if you want the full cash overage, please retrieve it from one of the Sail & Sign Kiosks or Guest Services, otherwise cash overages greater than $5.00 will be refunded via check mailed within 7 days after your cruise. Let's help fill up that piggy bank for a great cause.

Right there taken directly from the Fun Times.

I cant say I blame Carnival for not wanting to deal with all those checks... then leaving them outside your door where they could easily be stolen.

I think this is a good new policy. come down and close out your account if you dont spend all the money and get the cash the night before or before you depart the ship. Ive only had money left over once.. usually no problem to spend it. I love to shop.

I cant say I blame Carnival for not wanting to deal with all those checks... then leaving them outside your door where they could easily be stolen.

I think this is a good new policy. come down and close out your account if you dont spend all the money and get the cash the night before or before you depart the ship. Ive only had money left over once.. usually no problem to spend it. I love to shop.

I never take that chance,cash out the last night ;)

OK, my GF and I went on a Carnival cruise (Liberty) last month. At the conclusion of the trip we had a $4.75 credit on our account. The protocol that everyone was told is that they will mail you out a cheque. Ok big deal $4.75.... But when the cheque never showed up, my girlfriend decided to call to see what the hold up was. Carnivals NEW policy is if you are owed $5.00 or under they immediately donate it to charity!!! Really....Im glad they made that decision for me. Where is the tax receipt. Do you think if you owed them $4.99 they would waive it? No way. This company is getting more junkier and junkier, with bonehead decisions and policy's.

I never had a problem closing out my On board account. I just walked up to the pursers desk the night before and cash out. But if was cruse cash that was preloaded prior to the cruise you would have to spend it all. Otherwise they keep it.

I guess it's become epidemic since they stated with all these OBCs. When I saw someone say they had almost $1000 in them, I would be reaching that refund limit myself.

OP Please... Before going on a rant:

I was on the Liberty last week. In the disembarkation papers it stated that balances under $5.00 would be donated to charity unless cleared the night before disembarkation. Perhaps you didn't have a chance to read this?

Carnival does make numerous announcements to settle your statement the night before debarkation and you would have received your credit in cash. It has also been documented in the debarkation instructions / paperwork. You simply just missed this information and are blaming the cruise line.

I always post to people to go down the night before and close out your account and ask for the cash.

Now I know its a even better idea than before. I dont want to mess with some little check was my thinking...cash is better.

I know guys burgers are open from Noon to 6 pm. So that would not surprise me they are open limited hours. Its posted on CC.

Dont remember the last time we got back from a port that late.

Never had a credib balance on our account but they should have always written a check to people while on the ship so this surprises me.

Just off the Breeze this morning, clearly stated in the info. It was also fun to wait for ten people to get back on the bus because they didn't listen to the bus driver telling us what airport terminal we were at lol. Oblivious......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnivals NEW policy is if you are owed $5.00 or under they immediately donate it to charity!!!

I personally wouldn't have worried about the $4.75 either, but that being said - I do understand about the principle side of the topic. Had I known and it was going to be an issue, I would have deposited 0.26 on my account, so they would issue me a check.

I'm sure that somewhere in the terms of service, there is a sentence that explains it. It's probably hidden in an obscure section and most people (including me) have overlooked it. I agree though, that Carnival will benefit from writing off the donation. However, being registered to a foreign country with a multi-tiered corporation, theres not much than can be done about it. The time that was spent posting here, is already above the dollar amount.

EDITED:

Ok, I just read the remaining post's and I seen that the daily Fun Times stated about the account balances. In that case, there's really no position to defend. It was clearly posted, but overlooked.

Indeed this was the case on the Imagination in March as well, and it was in the Fun Times, there for all to read. OP if you don't know about St. Jude, take a look online- www.stjude.org. One of the reasons I will continue to be a Carnival "cheerleader" is their relationship with St. Jude. I look for every opportunity I can find to donate a few extra dollars. So while I understand your frustration and am sorry you felt uninformed of the new policy, you can, and should feel great about the $4.75. Your $4.75 that might have bought you a latte at Starbucks added to thousands of others' $5, helped some sweet child get a "Nomo Chemo" party, or maybe get a radiation treatment, or helped pay for an apartment for them and a parent while doing the work of kicking cancer's butt. And thank you, OP for your support, whether you wanted to or not.

Sorry everyone if I hijacked a little-I worked at St. Jude when I lived in Memphis, couldn't help but get on the soap box. I am down now.

Indeed this was the case on the Imagination in March as well, and it was in the Fun Times, there for all to read. OP if you don't know about St. Jude, take a look online- www.stjude.org. One of the reasons I will continue to be a Carnival "cheerleader" is their relationship with St. Jude. I look for every opportunity I can find to donate a few extra dollars. So while I understand your frustration and am sorry you felt uninformed of the new policy, you can, and should feel great about the $4.75. Your $4.75 that might have bought you a latte at Starbucks added to thousands of others' $5, helped some sweet child get a "Nomo Chemo" party, or maybe get a radiation treatment, or helped pay for an apartment for them and a parent while doing the work of kicking cancer's butt. And thank you, OP for your support, whether you wanted to or not.

Sorry everyone if I hijacked a little-I worked at St. Jude when I lived in Memphis, couldn't help but get on the soap box. I am down now.

Well, this thread has brought it to light for many.

But regardless how some could have spent that money, I am still crurious if Carnival makes it as a charitable, tax deductible, donation.

Those <$5 could add up.

I admit, I haven't read the whole thread... But I'd be more than happy to donate $5 or under to any charity at the end of my cruise. Especially St. Jude. You said yourself '4.75 no big deal' then proceeded to make a big deal out of it...

:shrug:

I guess some would prefer Carnival add a $5 service charge to mailing checks out.

Next time go to Guest Services before you leave the ship and get a check issued.

Not many ship tours last until 6pm. What you do with your free time after that is up to you. If your priorities are whacked, how is that Carnival's fault?

Archived