DESPARATE!!! Received cabin assignment - "non-converting twins"????

frani

We are sailing the Sapphire on 8/21 - booked a guarantee oceanview obstructed view - checked on the personalizer today & got Cabin E317. But it says "non-converting twins".

Does anyone know what that means exactly? I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means - we have not been away from our kids (9 & 12) for more than 3 days - I hope we don't each have a twin bed to sleep in?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are fine!! The beds in cabin E317 on the Sapphire do indeed convert! :D This is a common glitch with Princess Cruise Personalizer. A quick call to Princess and they will fix it for you.

Hi , don't panic, I had that same thing on one of my bookings last Sept. and I called my TA and she called the cruise line and they fixed it , it actually was converting and it then listed as 1 queen bed. For some reason that is how it comes up on the cruise personlizer some times in error. Probably what it is , just give your TA a call and they can straighten it out right away. Good Luck.

Cori

This is one of Princesses regular couple jokes....kind of April Fool for new couple cruisers. ;)

When you ask them they then say its a glitch on the web page. :eek:

Just as a HA HA jolly from Princess for couples.

For instance I travel single.....usually when I reach my cabin they have it set up as a double.....I should be so lucky to then have Brad Pitt as my cabin steward :D

to funny...same thing happen with me.....why don't they just write twin.....but no they have to write non-coverting to make you think there is a pole between

the beds or some other obstruction so the twins can not be made into a queen. According to my TA when you book a G cabin this is what always comes up on the personalizer until it is changed.:)

Watch out though

On the Sun Princess and its sister ships some of the cabins are so badly designed that while theres nothing to stop you having a queen bed ........getting in or out of it is a nightmare unless you like clambering over the corners of the bed or furniture or squeezing round pillars

This is especially difficult on any of the cabins which have pull down bunks for 3rd and 4th person

Watch out though

On the Sun Princess and its sister ships some of the cabins are so badly designed that while theres nothing to stop you having a queen bed ........getting in or out of it is a nightmare unless you like clambering over the corners of the bed or furniture or squeezing round pillars.

A poster on the Celebrity board found a pillar in their room which prohibited the beds from being put together. He was pretty mad that the deck plan hadn't shown this.

Luckily the ship wasn't full, they were moved to another room.

You are fine!! The beds in cabin E317 on the Sapphire do indeed convert! :D This is a common glitch with Princess Cruise Personalizer. A quick call to Princess and they will fix it for you.

Yeah, they may convert, but here's something I discovered on my last cruise:

My personalizer also said non-converting twins. I called my TA immediately. Even though I take the cabin solo, my feeling is that I am paying a single supplement, I sure want a nice double bed to sleep in. My TA called Princess and then told me not to worry about it ... the same glitch as you report.

However, when I got to the stateroom, the beds were made up as twins. I called my cabin steward and asked him to put them together. He agreed to do that, but warned me that because of the layout of the room (it had two upper berths), if the beds were pushed together I would lose a lot of space. In fact, I would only have room on one side of the bed to get in or out and that would be very tight. After he demonstrated to me how much room I would lose, I readily agreed to sleep in the single bed and use the other one for storage of all my "stuff." Now, in my case, I chose to keep them as twins based on wanting the extra room in the center. It would not have been an absolute hardship to only be able to get into or out of the bed from one side. But with a couple, that could be a problem.

So, I think how well the bed configuration as a double would work depends on the layout of the individual cabin. If you are a couple, putting them together may require one person to climb over the other whenever they need to get in or out of bed ... a real pain in the rear if you tend to get up a few times during the night.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We had a quad cabin on the Golden that had the upper beds sticking out from the wall. We wanted one queen bed instead of two twins. The upper beds did get in the way. I hit my shoulder a couple of times on them.

Archived