Obstructed View or wrong side of ship?

trisher2751

Without realizing it, I booked an obstructed view on the Coral Princess cruising southward to Alaska. I am in D206...does anyone have familiarity with this room and how it is obstructed? The third party I booked with did not indicate that it was obstructed view.

The only thing really left is on the "wrong" side of the ship, should I do that rather than have obstructed?

Thanks!!!

Without realizing it, I booked an obstructed view on the Coral Princess cruising southward to Alaska. I am in D206...does anyone have familiarity with this room and how it is obstructed? The third party I booked with did not indicate that it was obstructed view.

The only thing really left is on the "wrong" side of the ship, should I do that rather than have obstructed?

Thanks!!!

See if you can get your cabin changed. That might be difficult if it is coming up soon.

I am sorry I can't remember any specific websites off hand, but take a night and just start surfing and Googling. There are websites with large ship pics. Some even have room numbers overlayed on large pictures. There are even some websites devoted to specific ships entirely! If the picture is large enough you can count balconies and/or portholes and figure out what's what.

Not a lot of various pics, but try Wiki. Some of those pics are huge when you open them up. You might get lucky there.

~Bob~

The obstructed view cabins on princess are fairly obstructed. You might catch a glimpse of a patch of sky or sea but basically all you will see is the side of the lifeboat. You might get luck & your window will be between two life boats. You can usually tell by looking at the deck plans.

Thanks all. I don't think this is a lifeboat situation. There is just one room there with obstruction (ours) the rest are all mini suites or suites. Just wondered if anyone would have seen this room. Also, is there really a wrong side of the ship crusing to Alaska, because there are rooms available on the other side.

Archived