How to find B2B cruises?

geospyder

Is there a quick and dirty way to find B2B cruises? For example last October the Solstice sailed from Barcelona to Sydney. That was a B2B2B, Barcelona to Dubai to Sidney. Is there a secret to finding these types of itineraries?

I don't think there is a secret way to find these cruises.

What I usually do is to go to the Celebrity web site (or other cruise selling sites):

Go to find a cruise.

I usually leave out destination and month but choose year and ship.

This gets me all the cruises for a specific ship so I can choose my B2B2B2B...

Some of us who like to take B2B cruises do not limit ourselves to only one ship, or even one cruise line.

So we search by dates and locations without naming a specific ship because we want to see everything that is available.

For example, we would take a transatlantic cruise on one ship, and then switch to a different ship for the next segment if we prefer that ship's itinerary to the following segment of our first ship.

Just be aware of the Passenger Services Act.

http://seatravel.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/passenger-services-act-united-states/

We had a b2b all lined up until the Celebrity booking system kicked it out (they mis-identified it as the Jones Act).

This law will bite you in too many ways to elaborate here.

We were planning to sail Seward to Vancouver, then Vancouver to San Diego, same ship. While each separate cruise is OK, it's not if you b2b. In this example we would have been traveling between 2 US ports.

Even if you get off in Vancouver between cruises, go through customs, take your baggage to the laundromat, have dinner, and check back in hours later for the 2nd leg, you're still traveling between 2 US cities on the same foreign-registered ship.

Not allowed.

In March I got off a 5 day cruise on the Constellation and walked over to the Reflection for a 7 day cruise. Looked at their schedules on Celebrity's site.

Last Oct. Got off of the Carnival Dream in Port Canaveral and drove to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise on the Ruby Princess. There was supposed to be a one day buffer but we got a bonus day on the Dream because of Sandy. We were a little worried about not being able to get in the next day either and that would have caused us to miss the ship.

Did a B2B on a Alaska cruise.

Got off of a ship in Tampa and drove to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise the next day.

HAL has many of their cruises adverised as 14 day cruises but they are really B2B 7 day cruises. They are offered at a little bit of a discount.

If you do it on the same ship you can book the same cabin if you book early enough.

Just do a search for cruises in the area you want. Not that hard to do. I found one cruise that I wanted for the price and category and then looked for another that was around the same dates for the price that I wanted to pay.

Archived