Cost differences in Canada/New England

joanna111

Wanting to do the 14 day Canada and New England trip that begins and ends in Boston. I'm seeing great prices for May and early June -- and higher prices after that. Unfortunately, May and June aren't possible for us. Our major concern is cost. I know that some of the later fall cruises are expensive because of the fall colors but what about early September before the leaves actually start to turn? Can I expect those prices to come down or does Holland keep the prices high for anything after September 1st? Hoping someone has some experience with this...

The prices are lower for the earlier in the season cruises because it is more likely to be cooler weather. Early September will not show you leaves changing. That is too early. The prices will reflect how well the cruise is selling. We cannot tell you how many cabins or if there will be any cabins for those early September weeks. If sales are good, cabin prices will remain the same and sell out. If not, they likely will lower some prices some unknown amount after final payment date.

• 2 weeks later...
Wanting to do the 14 day Canada and New England trip that begins and ends in Boston. I'm seeing great prices for May and early June -- and higher prices after that. Unfortunately, May and June aren't possible for us. Our major concern is cost. I know that some of the later fall cruises are expensive because of the fall colors but what about early September before the leaves actually start to turn? Can I expect those prices to come down or does Holland keep the prices high for anything after September 1st? Hoping someone has some experience with this...

Try ***************. You pay a small fee and they track prices for you as well as give price history that goes back a year or so. They automatically email you when the price goes down and/or up depending on what you choose to be notified for. I've just been able to get a 6 category price drop on the June 29 Veendam sailing, because of a price drop.

Hope that helps.

Try ***************. You pay a small fee and they track prices for you as well as give price history that goes back a year or so. They automatically email you when the price goes down and/or up depending on what you choose to be notified for. I've just been able to get a 6 category price drop on the June 29 Veendam sailing, because of a price drop.

Hope that helps.

Just use a search engine to find the correct website for price tracking on cruises.

If you're not picky about your cabin, I bet you can get a deal on a September cruise after the final payment date. We waited until after the final payment date this spring to book our cruise for May. The prices came down a considerable bit from what was showing up in January and February when I first started tracking them. (Next year's prices are even higher than what I saw then.)

The price fell another $40 per person since I booked three weeks ago. The good news is that airfare is now $160 more per person, making me feel better about booking when I did.

You played it just right, Geoherb.

HAl has established the pattern most of us understand and expect.

Wait until after final payment to book if you are not fussy which cabin you have.

Those of us who book early, continue to pay highest fares.

If you're not picky about your cabin, I bet you can get a deal on a September cruise after the final payment date. We waited until after the final payment date this spring to book our cruise for May. The prices came down a considerable bit from what was showing up in January and February when I first started tracking them. (Next year's prices are even higher than what I saw then.)

The price fell another $40 per person since I booked three weeks ago. The good news is that airfare is now $160 more per person, making me feel better about booking when I did.

Glad you got a good price on your cabin.

Yes -- airfares have really gone up.

Archived